Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson still injured?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
And you suggest we sell one of our best players and our only fit CB!!??... you, sir, are a genius..

when i made that comment it was not apparent that goldson and hunnemier were going to be injured.....and i didn't suggest selling him at all ....i said i wouldn't mind seeing him go for a decent fee.....me = genius , you = pondlife...?? plankton...??

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
when i made that comment it was not apparent that goldson and hunnemier were going to be injured.....and i didn't suggest selling him at all ....i said i wouldn't mind seeing him go for a decent fee.....me = genius , you = pondlife...?? plankton...??

So which is it? Plankton or pondlife? Two quite different things. I mean pondlife could include a duck or possibly, on a big enough pond, a swan. Whereas plankton are just plankton.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So which is it? Plankton or pondlife? Two quite different things. I mean pondlife could include a duck or possibly, on a big enough pond, a swan. Whereas plankton are just plankton.

pondlife in this instance would be some sort of diving beetle or possibly a tadpole........definitely not a duck or swan , an otter is a distinct impossibility.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Still do not understand why we let Greer go

Yep this was my concern but Hughton's problem now is when Goldson is fit do we break up the partnership of Bruno, Rosenior and Knockaert on the right? I think we are quite well covered if Goldson is available shortly and with Hunt and White looking good as backup from the Dev. Humemeier will return in a couple of months as well. I don't think we were even that desperate to get Duffy in.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yep this was my concern but Hughton's problem now is when Goldson is fit do we break up the partnership of Bruno, Rosenior and Knockaert on the right? I think we are quite well covered if Goldson is available shortly and with Hunt and White looking good as backup from the Dev. Humemeier will return in a couple of months as well. I don't think we were even that desperate to get Duffy in.

It may not have been a case of letting him go? Was he offered a new contract on the basis that he would be third or fourth centre back, with a wage commensurate with that position, which he wasn't happy to accept?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whilst Goldson may well be on the bench very soon, a squad with just 6 senior defenders is a 'novel' strategy for a 46 match season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It may not have been a case of letting him go? Was he offered a new contract on the basis that he would be third or fourth centre back, with a wage commensurate with that position, which he wasn't happy to accept?

I am pretty sure it wasn't this scenario because we normally make new contracts offered public.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst Goldson may well be on the bench very soon, a squad with just 6 senior defenders is a 'novel' strategy for a 46 match season.

'Novel' indeed - and bit scary! However, we are constantly told that CH is after a CB (expect a post along these lines any minute now) - but it is of course possible that we might not succeed in getting one. Wonder just how risky it would be if we had to go with six senior defenders, plus White, Adekugbe, and maybe Hall in support - maybe this route of trusting youth to step in and do a job if necessary might be the way we have to go.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
'Novel' indeed - and bit scary! However, we are constantly told that CH is after a CB (expect a post along these lines any minute now) - but it is of course possible that we might not succeed in getting one. Wonder just how risky it would be if we had to go with six senior defenders, plus White, Adekugbe, and maybe Hall in support - maybe this route of trusting youth to step in and do a job if necessary might be the way we have to go.

And here's the post. We aren't "constantly told" that CH is after a CB. CH tells us himself (the fans forum, post match interviews, press conferences) he wants a CB.
Because we haven't finished our transfer business 2 weeks before the window ends doesn't mean that this is no longer the case or likely to happen. He wants four first choice CBs.
This can only mean that ideally White, Adekugbe and Hall are for the u23 squad and are for using if he's hit by an injury/suspension crisis because of the emergency loan window is no longer in place.
He said this last week
We’d still like to bring in two players. [A no 10 is a position] we’re looking at and, of course, centre-half as well.”
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/14663664.Hughton_targets_two_more_signings/

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Depends on how confident Hughton and Calderwood are in White and Hall, they see them every day. It's their job to make sure that anyone can step up from the Dev, and being defenders themselves I think we are fine if they have to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

With only 3 first team strikers, you've got to wonder where everybody is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And here's the post. We aren't "constantly told" that CH is after a CB. CH tells us himself (the fans forum, post match interviews, press conferences) he wants a CB.
Because we haven't finished our transfer business 2 weeks before the window ends doesn't mean that this is no longer the case or likely to happen. He wants four first choice CBs.
This can only mean that ideally White, Adekugbe and Hall are for the u23 squad and are for using if he's hit by an injury/suspension crisis because of the emergency loan window is no longer in place.
He said this last week
We’d still like to bring in two players. [A no 10 is a position] we’re looking at and, of course, centre-half as well.”
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/14663664.Hughton_targets_two_more_signings/

Hi. Knew you'd be along in a minute! :thumbsup:

I honestly don't disagree with you for one minute that we are indeed after a CH. I believe, I believe, I believe! I'm just speculating on what might be if we don't succeed in landing one that we want in the next couple of weeks or so - which until the ink is dry remains a possibility.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He said this last week

He said that he would like to but I don't think he is desperate. I don't know what quality is out there to buy anyway.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spot the over-reaction by the genius. Hilarious.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hunnemier injury must have been bad as he is still out.
How many games did he manage last season?

He's training though and Hughton has suggested he'll be available post Newcastle ( along with March)
I suspect he will pick up some game time in the u23s before that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here