Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson signs on a 4-year deal

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's not definite yet though is it, there's still a chance that QPR/Leeds whoever will match what we offer and he'll go there instead.

Let's wait for that picture with him trying to grab the shirt off Dunk's back!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I reckon he'll be paired with Uwe for the cup games and on the bench for league games until the last few games of the season, should they prove to be dead rubbers.

Yes, we will have the league sewn up by Easter...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When you trouser £5 million for a quality defender like Dunk it seems a very risky strategy to sign a League 2 defender with no experience of the top two divisions.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When you trouser £5 million for a quality defender like Dunk it seems a very risky strategy to sign a League 2 defender with no experience of the top two divisions.
Yes, but less of a risk when you've got 2 established centre halves already. Besides, lots of players with no previous experience of the top two divisions have thrived in the Championship.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Last year I would have agreed, but this year we seem to be doing better with our recruits so I can trust that this will be a decent signing too

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With Dallison and Rea (allegedly) going on loan, this guy will not be a Dunk replacement. If Dunk goes we'll get another defender IMO

If you're right then Goldson is likely to be fourth choice. The thing is, a fourth choice centre-back will be lucky to start 5 games (see Aaron Hughes), which goes against Goldson's reasoning for not joining Swansea.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because you've got delusions of grandeur?

Best defensive record in the football league last season.
It wasn't my most serious comment as per the lol

Nevertheless that's good to here.

It's nice to be a Brighton fan and able to look down on other teams...

...for a change. :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's hope the Dunk deal is signed or Fulham may just nab him?
If what's been posted about him so far is true, he doesn't sound like the sort to suddenly go to a club that have shown no interest in him. Money talks, but he could have gone to Swansea if he just wanted money.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

That depends if you trust the recruitment system and so far they have done a good job especially just recently with Hune. This summer we have been far more active in solid acquisitions than at any time in the Amex era and well before the end of the window. We seem ahead of the game this summer so I can only trust that they know what they are doing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
CG will be first team regular by Christmas

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Problem we have, is with clubs knowing Dunk has gone and we have pocketed £5m, weakens our bargaining position when trying to bring in the above. Very tricky for the club to navigate

Absolutely right but im hoping that Dunk out-Marshall in might be on the same day :lolol: :thumbsup:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
HITC.com IS Pete O'Rourke

Thank you HKFC for that tidbit.

Well there's something I didn't know...

He's been slightly less reliable since leaving SKY I'd say. I'm sure that site has called a few things wrong and he rarely used to be wrong? Seems to be going for rumours etc heavy since he left SKY that's for sure...

You and me both Sheebo.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
All change!

Aug 2015?
Stockdale
Bong
Goldson
Uwe
Bruno
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy
ZLL/New?
Hemed/Zamora
Baldock/New?

Aug 2013 (24th)
Kuszczak
Inigo Calderon
Matthew Upson
Gordon Greer
Rohan Ince
Stephen Ward
Kemy Agustien
David Lopez
Andrew Crofts
Will Buckley
Leonardo Ulloa

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm getting a bit scared that loads of people on this thread are talking like he's signed, on the back of one tweet. Especially as QPR are in for him apparently... Let's wait and see shall we...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here