Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson signs on a 4-year deal

Jimmy Grimble

Had him in my Football League Fantasy team last year - he was a very useful points scorer. On that basis, sign him up!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
This is only worth doing if we spend the Dunk money on players we need. There is no point selling Dunk, and being happy with the replacement without reinvesting the money into the team. Yes I understand that some of the Dunk money may have already been spent along the way. But certainly not all of it, we could definitely do with another winger at the very least. Bloom seems to be going for it this year, FFP has been relaxed so we can spend a little more and in my view our spending hasn't finished yet. It would also be good to get a winger in and possibly another signing, before Dunk goes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's very highly rated and quite a few Championship teams have been interested in him by the look of it so he'd be a very good signing.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If we get this guy in for under one million and get over 5 for Dunk (if he is indeed off and this isn't just another addition) and we use some of that money to secure a striker and a winger then that will represent excellent business by the club - as sad as it is to see a Brighton lad go

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is only worth doing if we spend the Dunk money on players we need. There is no point selling Dunk, and being happy with the replacement without reinvesting the money into the team. Yes I understand that some of the Dunk money may have already been spent along the way. But certainly not all of it, we could definitely do with another winger at the very least.
There are no guarantees that we'll get what we want, but they are trying to spend it.

Bloom seems to be going for it this year, FFP has been relaxed so we can spend a little more
Has it been relaxed? I didn't know that, have you got a link if it has?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This is only worth doing if we spend the Dunk money on players we need. There is no point selling Dunk, and being happy with the replacement without reinvesting the money into the team. Yes I understand that some of the Dunk money may have already been spent along the way. But certainly not all of it, we could definitely do with another winger at the very least. Bloom seems to be going for it this year, FFP has been relaxed so we can spend a little more and in my view our spending hasn't finished yet. It would also be good to get a winger in and possibly another signing, before Dunk goes.

Bloom isn't going for it. All our spending is within budget. Sunderland and Leicester staying up made us MILLIONS. £10m for Ulloa is the obvious one and then Buckley, Barnes and Bridcutt fees.

It's worth letting Dunk go because a) they'll triple his wages and that's going to turn his head. b) because the £5m fee for him is fantastic value for us. Uwe and Goldson would essentially be his replacements and and leave us with money in the bank. Money that may well mean we can make a move for Tex/winger/striker etc.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Bloom isn't going for it. All our spending is within budget. Sunderland and Leicester staying up made us MILLIONS. £10m for Ulloa is the obvious one and then Buckley, Barnes and Bridcutt fees.

It's worth letting Dunk go because a) they'll triple his wages and that's going to turn his head. b) because the £5m fee for him is fantastic value for us. Uwe and Goldson would essentially be his replacements and and leave us with money in the bank. Money that may well mean we can make a move for Tex/winger/striker etc.

My point exactly, although, spending it before Dunk goes would mean the prices for these types of players aren't jacked up.
I think Bloom is going for it, in a Bloomish way.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I know Connor pretty well. He's my friend's best mate and i know we've been looking for about a year. Weirdly enough, i was on the phone to said friend on the way to Huddersfield last night. He told me we had contacted Shrewsbury last week to submit an enquiry. I know he would certainly be interested in the move to us. I'm not claiming to know the ins and outs of his life, but i do know him particularly well. I assumed with the signing of Hünemeier that we would have dropped our interest.

Connor is a great lad and i don't actually think he realises how good he really is. He captained Shrewsbury in Liam Lawrence's absence and showed great leadership qualities at such a young age.

He'd be a fantastic addition and if Dunk is off, a brilliant replacement for him. Would cost a fraction of what we would get for Dunk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here