Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connolly

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good job I am not manager. Was keen for Murray to come on to hold ball up so we could hold on for a point

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Potter doesn't seem to be getting much credit and actually got a 1 from someone in the ratings thread, but whether it was luck or judgment, soaking up the pressure early on then switching formation and bringing a bit more energy up top with Connolly paid dividends eventually.

I like Connolly and think he will become a very good player who we may struggle to keep hold of in the long term. He has all the physical attributes, the build, agility, pace and strength but just needs to polish off some of his technical attributes and his finishing. It'll come with time.

Potter is doing a great job with a lot of players who are not his. I like him, I like his style, and I think we will do just fine with him.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wonder what people expect sometimes? Connolly is in his first full season in mens senior football, not just the PL and he shows flashes of real ability and struggles at other times. It's his 1st season after all. This boy has pace, energy and really really good movement off the ball. He needs games and time that's all. I fully expect a big season from him next year and the big boys to start chasing shortly after...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Strange situation, give him a couple of weeks and he’ll back to his old self.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It was wonderful to see us play 2 strikers (especially in a game many managers would have been looking to hold on for a point). Our best football this season has been when we've played 4-2-2-2

Aaron did brilliantly with the flick. I think we may have to accept he is not a striker who will get himself into the game. But if you get him the ball in a dangerous area he can produce.

Send him out on loan? No chance, we need more options not fewer. And he is a serious option.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, sorry I’ve been perusing non-BHA boards and social media far more over the last 3 months than usual, and the general narrative from their fans is that Leeds have made him the player he is and that he’d refuse to come back to us next year after playing in a stadium that holds 10% more fans than the Amex.

Ha phew glad it was. Yes I’d seen these arrogant dirty Leeds comments but was worried White had come out and said something when I read your post. We can’t stand in the way of any of our players making the dream move to Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday :)lol:) - that would make us horrible and nobody would join us again.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It was wonderful to see us play 2 strikers (especially in a game many managers would have been looking to hold on for a point). Our best football this season has been when we've played 4-2-2-2

Aaron did brilliantly with the flick. I think we may have to accept he is not a striker who will get himself into the game. But if you get him the ball in a dangerous area he can produce.

Send him out on loan? No chance, we need more options not fewer. And he is a serious option.

Exactly, no way should this kid go out

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think we could have done better with his development but Newport were the ones who put him in that ball playing centre back role and caught the eye of Bielsa in the FA cup game against them.

His development has been really good but not perfect. The times I saw him play for the u23s were promissing but didnt show him in his best position.

:shrug:

You make it sound like we were playing White as a left-winger and in attack.

Go on then, [MENTION=36014]Saunders[/MENTION], I'd love to hear your fuller explanation of how Albion were playing him out of position.

And thank god for Newport County, eh? :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here