Congrats Glenn Murray

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
2749.jpg

:lolol:He literally CAN'T contain his PLEASURE

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They've gone from all wanting Dougles out and Murray out and having their worst squad and def going down to 'best squad in yrs' and Murray (who scores penalties mainly) being the best striker around. Amazing turnaround eh... Who's plastics again?

It really is incredible. Freedman was the 'brightest young manager in the game' after just keeping them up. Then he was 'simply not up to the job' after a poor start. And now he's the next Mourinho again. I can't remember ever seeing fans opinions fluctuate so wildly.

And as you say, Palace fans have in large numbers this season branded the squad both the worst, and the best in recent years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It really is incredible. Freedman was the 'brightest young manager in the game' after just keeping them up. Then he was 'simply not up to the job' after a poor start. And now he's the next Mourinho again. I can't remember ever seeing fans opinions fluctuate so wildly.

And as you say, Palace fans have in large numbers this season branded the squad both the worst, and the best in recent years.

I'm still standing by that take Zaha out and it's one of the poorest in the div. At the mo they're proving me wrong - let's see shall we (in Jan when the cheat has left). The bookies had them 3rd bottom - the bookies aren't THAT stupid - on paper that squad is weak weak weak...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Best strikers in the Championship?

Now we have got a to get a better striker than Glenn Murray!

This is not exactly like for like but:

He is not the best in the Championship:

Charlie Austin, Luciano Becchio, Lukas Jutkiewicz

are all slightly better

About on par:

Jordan Rhodes, David Nugent, Heidar Helguson,

Almost as good:

Craig Maskell-Smith, Billy Sharp, Simon Cox

and there are others. It seems every club have got one or two strikers (excluding wingers). Ours need to improve and up their strike rate or else we will not keep up.

Football - Championship - Standing - Top Scorers - 2012-2013 - - Yahoo! Eurosport

We need to get our midfielders scoring as well. If they get fit that is.

But Glenn Murray's other play is not that good.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can all normals please return calmly and slowly to the main board.
Thank you for visiting c/r land, please come again but not too soon.

Regards,
team c/r :moo:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Glenn Murray - third division striker who has (amazingly) scored a few penalties this season. Zaha to Arsenal in January and it's game over at the mighty Palace for yet another season.

In your dreams Botty, he's here till at least the end of the season if we are near the top 6 in Jan and if/when he does go it will be for mega bucks :lol:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I'm still standing by that take Zaha out and it's one of the poorest in the div. At the mo they're proving me wrong - let's see shall we (in Jan when the cheat has left). The bookies had them 3rd bottom - the bookies aren't THAT stupid - on paper that squad is weak weak weak...

I replied to your comment about our squad on another thread but you had no comeback. You honestly couldn't be more wrong and it shows you know sweet FA about this league if you seriously believe that. The bookies now have us as more likely to make the play-offs than get relegated. JAT

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No I ignored the last thread as your lot are so tedious and laughable with your gloating when a few wks ago u were nowhere to be seen...

How does it show I know F all about this lg? It's my opinion. Your squad is very very thin and lacks quality. I can only think of 3 of your players who would improve our SQUAD (Zaha - he'd win some free pens as he's been divi i mean doing for you) / Murray (depending on which oddball Murray showed up each wk) and Williams (purely based on one performance at the Amex). That's SQUAD btw - not TEAM. Says it all for me.

i'm allowed my opinion mate just get over it or f*** off our forum and get a life!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here