Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Oh yeah, so were you ever privy to the negotiations for new players when Dick used to take them?? At least the Manager now has a say in who is signed, that and I am pretty certain Tony Bloom wouldn’t have been in Spain with his mobile phone switch off on transfer deadline day!!

Lol, my comments were tongue in cheek towards Ernest only, people who know him would have understood

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Well I'm still optomistic. Yesterday Gus said it was very close to being done, Paul Rogers said it had all been sorted and even twat Naylor seemed fairly certain. Could the reason not simply be that the contract needs to be translated into Spanish so that he can understand what he's signing? After all it must be quite a few pages long. I mean would you sign a multi page contract if it was in Spanish and you didn't speak the lingo until someone produced one in engish?

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Right as we all seem to have a source of some description etc I just wanted to pass on for what its worth that I have been told. Whether this is right or not I dont know but sounds feasible. The player is again locked in negotiations with the agent today at Brighton. Another 3 clubs have shown an interest and one is very much pushing hard. Maybe this is Leicester or maybe not I was not told. However the player does want to join Brighton but his agent is swaying him to shop around unless he gets a good deal. Ie what is a good deal for the agent!! The issue I believe at the moment is that the agent wants a sell on clause of 20%. Now this may be a whole load of rubbish which so much we are told through chinese whispers actually is but it does make sense and at the end of the day a player such as Veicente will generate interest from across the globe and before we were interested there were already a host of clubs trying to sign him so the fact that Leicester, Blackburn etc are all interested is no problem as we are already punching well above our weight and if it comes off it comes off and would be the most fantastic coup but if it does not then the fact that we are in the market and even have tried to sign such a player is where my glass is certainly half full and it is only upwards for the Albion.

Fingers crossed. But do not panic it could still happen. These things take time so no more stomach ulcers ok:)

Cheers

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The only thing that could depress me more is for one of the NSC children to post a thread entitled "Vicente signs" with some hilarious pictures of signposts with "Vicente" written on them. :nono:

tumblr_lgk4bg9ctp1qb9jgr.jpg

images.jpg

Best I could do.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Right as we all seem to have a source of some description etc I just wanted to pass on for what its worth that I have been told. Whether this is right or not I dont know but sounds feasible. The player is again locked in negotiations with the agent today at Brighton. Another 3 clubs have shown an interest and one is very much pushing hard. Maybe this is Leicester or maybe not I was not told. However the player does want to join Brighton but his agent is swaying him to shop around unless he gets a good deal. Ie what is a good deal for the agent!! The issue I believe at the moment is that the agent wants a sell on clause of 20%. Now this may be a whole load of rubbish which so much we are told through chinese whispers actually is but it does make sense and at the end of the day a player such as Veicente will generate interest from across the globe and before we were interested there were already a host of clubs trying to sign him so the fact that Leicester, Blackburn etc are all interested is no problem as we are already punching well above our weight and if it comes off it comes off and would be the most fantastic coup but if it does not then the fact that we are in the market and even have tried to sign such a player is where my glass is certainly half full and it is only upwards for the Albion.

Fingers crossed. But do not panic it could still happen. These things take time so no more stomach ulcers ok:)

Cheers

Why would the agent be angling for a sell on clause - as that would benefit us? Or are they (the agents) after 20% of any future transfer fee?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The only thing that could depress me more is for one of the NSC children to post a thread entitled "Vicente signs" with some hilarious pictures of signposts with "Vicente" written on them. :nono:

Like this? :dunce:
vicente278.jpg

I guess you could say that, at the moment, we are sans Vicente

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010

thanks for the update, but if this is true, why would the agent want a sell on clause??? wouldnt it be the club that would want this?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

Cheers

Breathe man! :lol:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
The issue I believe at the moment is that the agent wants a sell on clause of 20%.

If he's a free agent at the moment, what's the purpose of a sell-on clause? Normally the selling club (i.e. Valencia) would receive this 20% - but if he's on a free.....?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Now this may be a whole load of rubbish which so much we are told through chinese whispers actually is but it does make sense and at the end of the day a player such as Veicente will generate interest from across the globe and before we were interested there were already a host of clubs trying to sign him so the fact that Leicester, Blackburn etc are all interested is no problem as we are already punching well above our weight and if it comes off it comes off and would be the most fantastic coup but if it does not then the fact that we are in the market and even have tried to sign such a player is where my glass is certainly half full and it is only upwards for the Albion.

Is this the new 'longest sentence in NSC's history'?

Edit; amusing if read in a Vicky Pollard style.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Could the reason not simply be that the contract needs to be translated into Spanish so that he can understand what he's signing?

How long does that take, all you have to do it cut and paste it into a online translator program, its been done loads of time on here

:jester:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My Paella will go mouldy soon. It was right on its sell by date.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If he's a free agent at the moment, what's the purpose of a sell-on clause? Normally the selling club (i.e. Valencia) would receive this 20% - but if he's on a free.....?

Maybe it him (or rather his agents) personally who wants the sell on cash, not the former club

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
thanks for the update, but if this is true, why would the agent want a sell on clause??? wouldnt it be the club that would want this?

As I say how much all this stuff is true I do not know and what I should have said as in another posters question to this is that he wants a future sell on clause if we were to sell him the agent would get 20% of the fee. The good news though is that Vicente really likes the managemwent team, the structure and wants a fresh challenge. The premier league from my brief chat with an ex colleague was that money is important but not his main motivational factor. He has played at the top for a long time so the premiership although attractive is not the main thing but a challenge is and he sees a smaller club building up to become better is part of a challenge he very much wants to be in. The only problem is whether this one other club are able to sway him or not and that the agent thinks it should be worth while speaking to at least before he signs! Fingers crossed though as I believe this will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here