Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It was in the Marca, pretty reliable I'd have thought - certainly not that f***ing rumours nonsense. Definitely a shame this site caught wind of it though, quite possible NSC hype has caused the deal to break down by bringing others sniffing around.

Unfortunatelyl, I don't think there are many who share your optimism for Marca's reporting.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why is everyone now saying it's not happening? Naylors most recent tweets suggest it's happening. he said his glass is half full about it and I trust him more than all the people "in the know" on here. Be positive. I think it's still as likely he will sign.

Naylor also said it was in the bag which it clearly isn't.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Calderon is not in the same league as Vicente. When he played for Alaves they were division 3. Vicente has won La Liga, UEFA cup, Cope Del Rey and is a full Spanish international of 40ish caps wanted by Real Madrid for 30 million quid.

He was a world class player just a few years ago, and at 30 has plenty left in the tank. He would easily be the biggest EVER player to don the stripes

No, that was Guy Butters.

I'm just saying I think Gus and Tony won't bend over for anyone; if Vicente's agent has, I hypothesise, shifted the goalposts, GP and TB won't shift with them - they've made that very clear previously.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Keep the Faith and Trust in Gus, go on son sign on the dotted line just until the end of the season is fine !

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Typical negative muppets still being negative. He's completely relocating so of course it's gonna take time. I'm still keeping the faith in Gus and Tony. Remember, if Gus wants someone he gets it. It took 6 months for CMS, 3 days for Vicente is nothing.

Sense at last! I don't think some people understand the scale of the move for him, not just us

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Typical negative muppets still being negative. He's completely relocating so of course it's gonna take time. I'm still keeping the faith in Gus and Tony. Remember, if Gus wants someone he gets it. It took 6 months for CMS, 3 days for Vicente is nothing.

Here here. I seem to remember that KLL wasn't exactly a walk in the park...and where is he now?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Has the deal broken down? As I pointed out about 6 pages ago when Gus was re-negotiating his contract last year, it took 4 weeks, so a couple of days in this instance is nothing.

As I understand it, it's gone from 90% in Gus' words, to 50/50.

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Where exactly did this Blackburn rumour come from? Has anyone taken a photo of Vicente in Blackburn?

Kean at Blackburn was very interested in signing him in last January transfer window and was courting him this summer supposedly according to an article. To be honest I still think it is going to happen and I think Naylor should shut up for all the crap that comes out the guys mouth. I have been away and rely on the Argus and reporters for news and get 10 times more news and gossip on here then ever the drivel written by Naylor.

Anyhow fingers crossed and I have the belief that 90% is close and also that he wants to play for us according to Gus is good enough. If we dont we still have a great team.. maybe not big name individuals apart from CMS as such but we have a team and that is what money cant buy.. I would rather have this than a team of prima donnas Leicester City esque!

Keep the faith we will get the there!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Anyhow fingers crossed and I have the belief that 90% is close and also that he wants to play for us according to Gus is good enough. If we dont we still have a great team.. maybe not big name individuals apart from CMS as such but we have a team and that is what money cant buy.. I would rather have this than a team of prima donnas Leicester City esque!

This 100%

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Calderon is not in the same league as Vicente. When he played for Alaves they were division 3. Vicente has won La Liga, UEFA cup, Cope Del Rey and is a full Spanish international of 40ish caps wanted by Real Madrid for 30 million quid.

He was a world class player just a few years ago, and at 30 has plenty left in the tank. He would easily be the biggest EVER player to don the stripes

Also, money means nothing and neither do the credits people may have; Bosko Balaban cost £6m and Phil Neville 'helped' win the Premier League 6 times, FA Cup 3 times, Intercontinental Cup and even the Champions League.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Naylor also said it was in the bag which it clearly isn't.

How do we know it's not all but signed? This man has never lived outside of Spain, he has a family he has to move. It's a big deal for him not just us, a few hours in a room with Gus is nothing and it's no surprise it's taking more than a day.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Why is everyone now saying it's not happening? Naylors most recent tweets suggest it's happening. he said his glass is half full about it and I trust him more than all the people "in the know" on here. Be positive. I think it's still as likely he will sign.

from "in the bag" to half glass full, why the change?....... I think the clue is where Naylors tweet says, the "deals outcome depends on which source you speak to"

to me that suggests that for all the "deals done" and "in the bag" of yesterday he must have had at least one source today casting doubt on the deal now and thus his downgrading to "glass half full or glass half empty?"

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think he's taken Naylor's tweet of glass half full as meaning 50/50. Quite a leap really.

Concur. I'd say it means he spoke to someone who said "He's going to be an albion player tomorrow" and someone else who said "Deal looks to be floundering". Not sure why he thinks that's the same thing as Gus saying our chances have decreased, though.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
from "in the bag" to half glass full, why the change?....... I think the clue is where Naylors tweet says, the "deals outcome depends on which source you speak to"

to me that suggests that for all the "deals done" and "in the bag" of yesterday he must have had at least one source today casting doubt on the deal now and thus his downgrading to "glass half full or glass half empty?"

Then why did he go on to say more to feature about Vicente in the argus tomorrow? He wouldn't go through all that unless he thought the deal was going to happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports