Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How do we know it's not all but signed? This man has never lived outside of Spain, he has a family he has to move. It's a big deal for him not just us, a few hours in a room with Gus is nothing and it's no surprise it's taking more than a day.
I can understand that. Gary dicker and Bridcutt took a couple of days or so to sign new deals.
I think what people are more concerned about is how high a profile this player carries. Vicente isn't your average player and the longer this drags on you get that slight nagging doubt that a bigger club will nip in and bag him.

Last edited:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Incredible really! I've logged back on to see what's up- and as far as I can see, because the Spaniard has not yet signed the contract after two days of negotiations people are now saying the deal is off? Good grief, it's a good job that the majority of contract negotiations don't give up after two days! I appreciate the BHA tinted specs, I really do- but there's no need for idiocy. Let's just sit tight and wait and see what happens- spare a few people's blushes when this gets bounced ;)

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Incredible really! I've logged back on to see what's up- and as far as I can see, because the Spaniard has not yet signed the contract after two days of negotiations people are now saying the deal is off? Good grief, it's a good job that the majority of contract negotiations don't give up after two days! I appreciate the BHA tinted specs, I really do- but there's no need for idiocy. Let's just sit tight and wait and see what happens- spare a few people's blushes when this gets bounced ;)

This

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011

and where's the fun in that, we don't have anything better to do

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I can understand that. Gary dicker and Bridcutt took a couple of days or so to sign new deals.
I think what people are more concerned about is how high a profile this player carries. Vicente isn't your average player and the longer this drags on you get that slight nagging doubt that a bigger club will nip in a bag him.

I must admit I was a lil concerned about Everton.. But as others have said- he will have thought about this particular move for a fair bit (so unlikely to suddenly change location in England), money is apparently not a motive, good Spanish speaking contingent in the team AND city and Brighton is a lovely area. Plus we play good football.

We have a lot going for us!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Naylor doesnt say 50-50. You dont say the glass is 90% full its fifty full or empty so hes saying that he is still confident even if others are not... that does not contradict Gus's 90%

Most of the poeple on here should do a Phd on this deal... they have spent that much time dissecting the subject. Its not a done deal but it is more likely than not and that seems to be what nearly everyone in the know is saying. I have no choice but to trust them.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
How do we know it's not all but signed? This man has never lived outside of Spain, he has a family he has to move. It's a big deal for him not just us, a few hours in a room with Gus is nothing and it's no surprise it's taking more than a day.

Spot on. If he wants somewhere to live he can use the top floor of our house, plus the Mrs speaks Valenciana which would help!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think what people are more concerned about is how high a profile this player carries. Vicente isn't your average player and the longer this drags on you get that slight nagging doubt that a bigger club will nip in a bag him.

Dicker & Bridcutt were already here and we don't know how long the negotiations took as we don't know when they started. It may be as simple as Vicente is asking for too much money.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Naylor's clearly been reading nsc again. Everyone was excited yesterday and there was pictorial evidence - hence his 'in the bag' claim. Now some of his 'sources' (nsc posters) have cast doubt on it all, he's not so sure.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dicker & Bridcutt were already here and we don't know how long the negotiations took as we don't know when they started. It may be as simple as Vicente is asking for too much money.

Gus done an interview a while back which he said he expects Murray,Dicker and Bridcutt to all sign new deals.This was around Jan time i believe. Even Dicker said it took a while to sort out.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Naylor's clearly been reading nsc again. Everyone was excited yesterday and there was pictorial evidence - hence his 'in the bag' claim. Now some of his 'sources' (nsc posters) have cast doubt on it all, he's not so sure.

To be fair, I think we have to accept he knows much more than most of us on this occassion.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Got back from dinner and this whole thing is killing me, so I looked to nature for inspiration
ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

So this is me now:
PDHeadInSand.gif

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair it looked very much a done deal but the silence is very ominous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here