Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Valencianista

Sep 1, 2011
muchos gracias, what does that mean in English?

Is he not "El Punol de Benicalap"

Animo is like saying "good luck!". Crack is a very Spanish word, there's not really a translation, for example Messi is the crack of all cracks. Its a word to describe a very special player. And Benicalap is the area of Valencia where Vicente is from.

Amunt is a Valencian word. It's like the spanish word Arriba! Come on! like that :D To encourage and support.

So "ANIMO EL CRACK DE BENICALAP!" just means good luck the crack from Benicalap and "AMUNT VICENTE Y AMUNT BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION!" means come on Vicente and come on Brighton! :D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hi and welcome Valencianista.

I think most of us are aware of the potential in this signing. Having read up about Vicente and also watched loads on YouTube,I am now even more excited about this fantastic player!

Obviously if he plays and keeps free from injuries, we have a real chance for promotion.

Cheers!

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Is it just me?

Can't seem to stop humming "Y Viva Espana"...

:whistle:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Here is a summary of our season so far (5 games) for any visiting Valencia fans.

Hopefully our form will continue along nicely with our new addition :)

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
¡Hola a todos! This is my first post, obviously here because of Vicente :D

I'm not sure if some of you realise how big a signing this is for your club!? This player was and still is an icon of my club, a local boy from the city that came on to be a legend. Not only is he a legend for sentimental reasons but for his footballing ability too. We all know about his injury history, i'll go on to that, but from 2001-2005 this guy was probably the best winger in the world (On par with today's Robben), no exageration. He tore teams to shreads on his own.

This guy had the potential to be one of the best ever. The reason he did not realise that potential is not because he flopped, but because of injuries. I still remember the night it all happened, one regretful night in Bremen in a CL match. This guy would've led Valencia on to greater things and himself would have been in the 08 and 10 winning Spain squads. He has had wretched luck, injury record on par with Owen Hargreaves. It has just been bad luck, for a player to have earned 38 caps for Spain at the age of 24 you know he had talent. He could've been a 100 cap player.

That being said the guy never lost his talent. Whenever he was not injured and did actually play he was one of the best players at Valencia and always gave 100%. This is a guy who was not out of place when playing alongside David Villa, David Silva, Juan Mata and Pablo Aimar. In fact he was the reference for Silva and Mata as left sided players themselves.

You'll get alot of VCF fans paying attention to your club now :) He was and is my favourite player ever, i'm only 19 though, but a Valencia fan by birth. No offence to your club but he probably has more fans than Brighton! He's a player that gave us so much joy and pride. I'm sure he'll be the best player in the league if he plays. I'm not sure how he'll deal with the ankle snapping tackles of your league, he is a hot headed player himself. May I add he was our Captain at times too, so he can lead, hopefully he leads you to EPL. I hope your club enjoys this special player as we did. Feel free to ask me any questions about Vicenete. ANIMO EL CRACK DE BENICALAP! AMUNT VICENTE Y AMUNT BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION!

What a great post
I know nothing of Vicente so thank you for this info
I am a fan of loyal club players and love his loyalty to Valencia and am so looking forward to seeing the special one

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Thanks for the info. Davemania told me already that Sky Sports was airing the next match, but unfortunately I don't get Sky here. I'll try to watch the matches online.

When i lived in madrid i used to watch football in the irish pubs, there must be loads in Valencia that show sky sports

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

I'm not sure if some of you realise how big a signing this is for your club!? This player was and still is an icon of my club, a local boy from the city that came on to be a legend. Not only is he a legend for sentimental reasons but for his footballing ability too. We all know about his injury history, i'll go on to that, but from 2001-2005 this guy was probably the best winger in the world (On par with today's Robben), no exageration. He tore teams to shreads on his own.

This guy had the potential to be one of the best ever. The reason he did not realise that potential is not because he flopped, but because of injuries. I still remember the night it all happened, one regretful night in Bremen in a CL match. This guy would've led Valencia on to greater things and himself would have been in the 08 and 10 winning Spain squads. He has had wretched luck, injury record on par with Owen Hargreaves. It has just been bad luck, for a player to have earned 38 caps for Spain at the age of 24 you know he had talent. He could've been a 100 cap player.

That being said the guy never lost his talent. Whenever he was not injured and did actually play he was one of the best players at Valencia and always gave 100%. This is a guy who was not out of place when playing alongside David Villa, David Silva, Juan Mata and Pablo Aimar. In fact he was the reference for Silva and Mata as left sided players themselves.

You'll get alot of VCF fans paying attention to your club now :) He was and is my favourite player ever, i'm only 19 though, but a Valencia fan by birth. No offence to your club but he probably has more fans than Brighton! He's a player that gave us so much joy and pride. I'm sure he'll be the best player in the league if he plays. I'm not sure how he'll deal with the ankle snapping tackles of your league, he is a hot headed player himself. May I add he was our Captain at times too, so he can lead, hopefully he leads you to EPL. I hope your club enjoys this special player as we did. Feel free to ask me any questions about Vicenete. ANIMO EL CRACK DE BENICALAP! AMUNT VICENTE Y AMUNT BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION!

You bloody legend. Fantastic post. Muchas gracias amigo.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
Vicente is already in Brighton probably. There are 2 flights today from Valencia to Gatwick (14:00 and 19:30) and they probably took the first one, since his wife was saying good bye to friends in Facebook 5 hours ago and she hasn't posted anything since then. BTW, if you see any Vicente Rodríguez in Twitter, Facebook, etc...it's not him. He doesn't have any account.

When i lived in madrid i used to watch football in the irish pubs, there must be loads in Valencia that show sky sports

I'll try, but it will be easier to found an stream on internet. If the matches are at the same time, I guess they will prefer to show Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barça, etc than Brighton.

And someone asked me about a Sidrería in the old town (I can't find the post and I don't remember even if it was in this thread). Maybe El Molinón? I can't remember any other sidrería right now in that area. This one is near the market.

Valencianista

Sep 1, 2011

Wow, who is this guy? He knows his stuff....:D

Haha

No seriously I am glad for you guys. I know how frustrated you have been with his injuries, but now you understand how wort the wait is when he plays. I'm sure some of you understand now how I meant that he would've been in the Euro 08 and World Cup 10 squads if it wasn't for these damn injuries :( He didn't deserve them...

This guy gave me more joy and pride than Villa, Silva or Mata.....Now you guys can enjoy him too. Where can I see this run and shot against the bar vs last night btw? Fcuk next thig you know you guys will be signing Soldado from us! :O :D

I have been following you guys briefly through the season, and i'm delighted that you guys are doing so well. Hopefully Vicente is in the premier league next season..................with Brighton! ;) Good luck guys. AMUNT BaHFC y Amunt Vicenteeeeeeeee!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Haha

No seriously I am glad for you guys. I know how frustrated you have been with his injuries, but now you understand how wort the wait is when he plays. I'm sure some of you understand now how I meant that he would've been in the Euro 08 and World Cup 10 squads if it wasn't for these damn injuries :( He didn't deserve them...

This guy gave me more joy and pride than Villa, Silva or Mata.....Now you guys can enjoy him too. Where can I see this run and shot against the bar vs last night btw? Fcuk next thig you know you guys will be signing Soldado from us! :O :D

I have been following you guys briefly through the season, and i'm delighted that you guys are doing so well. Hopefully Vicente is in the premier league next season..................with Brighton! ;) Good luck guys. AMUNT BaHFC y Amunt Vicenteeeeeeeee!

I love him

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Haha

Cheers! There's a video from behind the goal here: Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Hopefully in the next day or so the official footage will be up to see it in all it's glory :smile:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I would regularly watch La Liga between 2000-2005 and know how good he was as a player. He was amongst some great talent back then and still stood out. For him to be showing some of that magic in a Brighton shirt is quite surreal and hard to comprehend at times. We were all rewarded last night for the patience shown whist he has been getting back to full fitness. The bloke is an absolute legend. Mental stuff!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Haha

Hey, Valencianista, good to see you back!

Well Vicente has surely won over any doubters now. As you knew, and now we know, Vicente is such a special player. For me, watching him pay for us reminds me of the excitement i felt as a boy watching our greatest legend Peter Ward play (incidentally also very skilful). The past two home matches when Vicente has played have been fantastic and even if he never played again for us i would remember his displays with amazement and gratitude. Players like him are rare in football. He truly makes it 'the beautiful game'.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The noise from the whole crowd rises with anticipation whenever Vicente gets the ball in the last third, we all expect something to happen and more often than not, it's does.
I've been watching Brighton for 37 years and he's by far the most gifted and exciting player I've ever seen in an Albion shirt.
Who knows what will happen at the end of the season but we all pray he decides to stay for at least one more season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here