Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Concerts at the Amex

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not going to apologise or feel embarrassed, I bloody love Coldplay in concert :smile:

Went to a 'private' Coldplay gig...... Private in that they only allowed 75 people in.................. absolutely brilliant!

Nothing wrong with Coldplay.......... more of a problem with Dylan TBH........ :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Went to a 'private' Coldplay gig...... Private in that they only allowed 75 people in.................. absolutely brilliant!

Nothing wrong with Coldplay.......... more of a problem with Dylan TBH........ :)

Jealous!

I have given up trying to convince people about Dylan. One of my favourite artists with an amazing array of songs. Seen him live once and he was absolute shite...but it doesn’t change my love of his music.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its odd but I guess you don’t make a lot of money as the venue off a single gig, you need a good run of them in the summer to justify it. And the hassle of the playing surface etc provably isn’t worth it.

And yes the transport options are crap so as a promoter probably better options around

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
My old school mate who worked in the ticket office was under the impression that the club weren't making enough money for all the organising of one off gigs a hell of a lot of organisation and safety certifactes,staff,beer,food and set up is needed.

If the club could get permission for 3 or 4 gigs in a 3 week period then it would make financial sense but current agreement means they can't do it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Thought I’d resurrect this thread as I was looking forward to seeing more concerts at the Amex than we’ve had to date. I see so many bands touring the UK at similar sized stadiums. The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Stones, Elton, Duran etc. I’d just like to know why we don’t seem to get these kind of shows at the Amex?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I couldn't understand why the Stones didn't play the Amex but went to St Marys.
That was the ambition of the idiot Greg Stanley when they thought they were going to take us to Beeding Cement works, he said Pepsi had the naming rights and Sir Mick had agreed to open it.

Class A bullshit 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here