Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comparison with last season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
WILD stab here with absolutely nothing to support it, Lita?
For my speculation to gain any credibility, Lita will have to leave with only kind words said about the club and Oscar.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
For me OG does have all the 'usual trait for a Latin manager', but it's all just, and only just, under the surface.
I don't see him ever being 'challenged' in any dressing room, or losing his players respect.
Mainly thought leadership, loyalty, ability etc, but I can't help thinking that's all held together with a good old fashioned dose of MENTALS.

Absolutely. I seeing Mourinho interviewed yesterday I thought they were surpringly similar. Though Oscar seems somewhat less arrogant.

Feb 14, 2010
Seems a long way off currently, but just imagine for one second that we made it to the play offs again.

And passed Poyet on the way up. Bizarre.

It would be funny to interview Poyet if that happened. The question should go " You said you had taken Brighton as far as you could, but OG has just taken Brighton back to the top flight whilst you have been relegated with Sunderland. What are your thoughts on that Gus?"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
True, I haven't seen or heard a single meltdown all season from Oscar. He walks around the technical area studying the grass and seldom looks stressed. It really is an unusual trait for a Latin manager.

I am loving the positive substitutions rather than shutting up shop and hanging on.

Maybe Oscar's calm demeanour is rubbing off on the fans

All of this. Oscar is A VERY GOOD THING.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey there's a chance im right!!!

Oscar appeared at the autograph bun-fight.
10 seconds in he said he wanted a straight line in single file.
He pushed past me, happiest day of my life, on the edge of the Calde scrum, to get some help.

Within a minute Oscar got exactly what he wanted and was still signing 90 minutes later.

LEG-FOOKiN-END

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Oddly, I find myself a lot more relaxed about things this season. Perhaps my expectations are lower, or perhaps it's because I'm not looking at the season with that same crushing feeling of inevitability that we'll lose to Palace in the play offs, but things just seem that bit more laid back. It's strangely almost satisfying being under the radar.

I agree much more relaxed I think last year it was make or break with Gus whereas this year with Oscar if feels like work in progress which takes the weight of us and probably leaves us in a stronger position

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One day the story of how the local media tried to protect him from himself over the Suarez comments will be told ...

You are right of course, I rather lazily used "the media" there as a single entity. It seemed to be mainly the tabloid press (and SkySports) who latched on to Poyet's every word.

But I await that story anyway :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would be funny to interview Poyet if that happened. The question should go " You said you had taken Brighton as far as you could, but OG has just taken Brighton back to the top flight whilst you have been relegated with Sunderland. What are your thoughts on that Gus?"

"How's that glass ceiling looking, Señor Poyet?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here