Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy 2015

Jul 7, 2003
Plenty of comedy for all tastes in Worthing this year including our own Comedy Steve and also Atilla (not sure he is a comedy act):

Richard Herring - Lord of the Dance Settee; Friday 17 April
HOTBED - Alan Davies; Friday 24 April
Stewart Francis - Pun Gent - ;Tuesday 28 April
Katherine Ryan - Glam Role ; Thursday 30 April
Lee Nelson: Suited and Booted ; Sunday 10 May
Manford’s Comedy Club - Maff Brown, Angela Barnes and Jonny Awesome; Friday 15 May
Ruby Wax - Sane New World; Friday 22 May
HOTBED - Robert Newman; Wednesday 27 May
HOTBED - Phill Jupitus; Thursday 4 June
Zoe Lyons and Danny Ward - Presented by Matt's Comedy Club; Thursday 11 June
Alex Horne - Monsieur Butterfly; Thursday 25 June
Knightmare Live ;Friday 3 July
Manford’s Comedy Club - Matt Reed, Jo Caulfield and Markus Birdman; Friday 10 July
HOTBED - John Otway & Atilla the Stockbroker; Thursday 30 July
Ken Dodd - Happiness Show; Saturday 1 August
Manford’s Comedy Club - JoJo Smith, Nathan Caton and the Raymond & Mr Timpkins Revue; Friday 11 September
Chris Ramsey - All Growed Up; Thursday 15 October
Manford’s Comedy Club - Sally Ann Hayward, Stephen Grant and Christian Reilly; Friday 13 November
Milton Jones and the Temple of Daft; Thursday 19 November
Ed Byrne - Outside, Looking In; Friday 11 December

Jul 7, 2003
It will soon be time again for those Edinburgh preview shows to hit the small venues and they are starting to make tickets available. For those who haven't been to one of these 'work in progress' sessions, they are usually very cheap, you get very close to the comedians and you see them testing out their routine to see what works and what doesn't. It's usually quite entertaining when things don't work!

As always, the Caroline of Brunswick has a mix of well known and not so well known names trying out their material - usually as double headers. These are £6 in advance and £8 on the door but it is only a tiny venue so any act who is vaguely well known will sell out in advance.

I've booked for the Simon Evans / Angela Barnes and the Romesh Ranganathan / Nathan Caton gigs in June and July.

Jul 7, 2003
For those who are interested, The Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse 'Legends' tour will be coming to Brighton on November 8th 2015. Tickets on sale via Ticketshafter on Monday.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Katherine Ryan at The Corn Exchange last night. Not bad at all - "Cheryl Cole, she's just a little baybeeee"

Stewart Lee at The Dome next Sunday.

Tempted by 'One Man Breaking Bad' coming to the Dome soon.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Shameless plug time: I co-run Matt's Comedy Club in Worthing, and we've got the excellent young guns of comedy improv The Noise Next Door coming on 20 October to the Connaught Studio. They've sold out the last two times they've come and we expect this to be no different. Tickets are just £9 from www.worthingtheatres.co.uk - grab 'em before they go. You'll have a great night. End of plug :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
'An evening with Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse' just starting on BBC 2 for anyone else going to this

Switched off after 10 minutes. A pile of self indulgent completely unfunny shite. Shame, as I used to love Harry Enfield and Chums back in the day.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Switched off after 10 minutes. A pile of self indulgent completely unfunny shite. Shame, as I used to love Harry Enfield and Chums back in the day.

I'm struggling to understand what's going on. Thought it was just going to be a clip show with some poor modern material tiring it together, but I think there's something else going on because they're obviously trying to make all their old material look racist/sexist/dated etc. not quite sure what the idea is.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This on all counts.

Very disappointing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here