Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy 2015

Jul 7, 2003
Can someone help me? I went to the komedia this time last year and the last act was a youngish small cockney bloke who had a bit of a mod look about him ..... Fred Perry polo on etc. Can't remember his name and didn't recognise him but he was hilarious . Would like to see him again . Any ideas?

Was it Elliott Steel? He did a brief turn at the comedy gala last year and I was quite impressed with him. http://www.offthekerb.co.uk/elliot-steel/

Jul 7, 2003
Going to see Milton Jones perform in Nottingham on Saturday which I'm looking forward to.

I've seen Milton a few times - always good. He has quite a family audience as there is nothing offensive in his act although some of the jokes are lost on the teens.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just working through the back catalogue of Collings and Herrin. Big fan of his podcasts as well, although I draw the line at the snooker one!

Worthing has some surprisingly decent comedians playing there, last time I looked. Will have to go and see some.
I was pretty persistent with the snooker, but it finally dropped of my radar.

It's highpoint was the frame that Me 2 decided he was going to get drunk.
But Me 1 wanted to remain sober.
I remember it being properly funny.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I was pretty persistent with the snooker, but it finally dropped of my radar.

It's highpoint was the frame that Me 2 decided he was going to get drunk.
But Me 1 wanted to remain sober.
I remember it being properly funny.

That one tempted me to give it a listen, but to be honest I need to cut down on my podcasts anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That one tempted me to give it a listen, but to be honest I need to cut down on my podcasts anyway.
I don't think it would hold up as a single episode.
I can't remember fully but I think there was some tension bubbling under the surface for some of the previous frames.
I think Me 2 was sleeping with Me 1's other half.

For those Lee & Herring fans, of an age.
They have just released a 'This Morning with Richard Not Judy' retrospective discussion on Herring's RHLSTP podcast.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think it would hold up as a single episode.
I can't remember fully but I think there was some tension bubbling under the surface for some of the previous frames.
I think Me 2 was sleeping with Me 1's other half.

For those Lee & Herring fans, of an age.
They have just released a 'This Morning with Richard Not Judy' retrospective discussion on Herring's RHLSTP podcast.
I love that podcast. Love it.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
im off to see richard herring in worthing in april
matt forde in may
alex horne in june.

walked out of jimmy carr in hastings a couple of weeks ago.. was dire! have seen him before in worthing.. was ok.

I've send the last 6 tours by JC including once when I saw a warm up gig here in Brighton and the "same show" much later in the tour up in Edinburgh. There was NO material in the Brighton show that made it to the Edinburgh one, really.. nothing!

He spends 3-4 months playing a number of venues trying out material then a 12m national tour doing the finished article. Given that the Hastings show was very early in his warm up circuit, I'd happily suggest seeing him again in 12m time during the same tour and you'll see a completely different and much funnier show.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The Brighton Fringe Festival is in May and is always good for comedy - loads of shows either free or dirt cheap.

Sure, some of the comedians are a bit hit and miss (some mainly the latter) but you can find some real gems and also see slightly more established names doing previews of their Edinburgh shows.

Last year I spent the first Saturday of the festival doing an entire day of free comedy at various places around the city. Was brilliant.

Jul 7, 2003
So, went to see Alan Carr at Worthing last night. The sell out crowd included all the great and the good of Worthing and I was honoured to shake hands and chat to Mr Lenny Rider. As for the show, he played for two hours with no support act. Generally quite funny, Mrs DCH really enjoyed it, but I wouldn't rush to see him again.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I am going to the Krater comedy night Saturday for the first time 7pm
Is the food any good or eat before?
It says free seating does this mean if we get there just before start (we are relying on a babysitter) we will be at the front in the firing line?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I am going to the Krater comedy night Saturday for the first time 7pm
Is the food any good or eat before?
It says free seating does this mean if we get there just before start (we are relying on a babysitter) we will be at the front in the firing line?

The food is ok but nothing special. Although the nachos are good!

For some reason, people actually choose to sit at the front! So I think it should be fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not the intention of this thread, but it was a nice impromptu afternoon.

We went to see James Campbell - Comedy 4 Kids, in Worthing.
Most enjoyable he was too.

Jokes about lollipop ladies, consoles, bees and pets.

JC - And what pet do you have?
Child - A hamster.
JC - That's nice, how old is he?
C - One.
JC - Oh I wouldn't buy him a large bag of food.

He was plenty good enough to pull that joke off with a preteen audience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here