Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Palace?

Come on Palace or come on Chelsea?

• Total voters

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I wont be watching it as I will be on holiday with better things to do, You also dont have to watch no one forces you.

I used to enjoy FA Cup finals and I miss those days. I cannot get excited about them any more. I am not sure why, but I suspect the increasing dominance of a handful of teams probably has something to do with it.

Just to correct something I posted earlier which was not quite accurate. We have had every combination of finals involving Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. I was wrong to include Man City in the list.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to enjoy FA Cup finals and I miss those days. I cannot get excited about them any more. I am not sure why, but I suspect the increasing dominance of a handful of teams probably has something to do with it.

Just to correct something I posted earlier which was not quite accurate. We have had every combination of finals involving Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. I was wrong to include Man City in the list.

It was a special day, with TV crews with the clubs at their countryside manor hotels all morning.

What’s changed?:
- The EPL and CL have become everything $$$$. Murdoch getting his mitts on our national sport was seminal.

- Many PL clubs now play lesser first 11’s in earlier rounds. That was never the way.

- Manure opting out of the FAC (was it in 2000?), seemed to downgrade its importance at a stroke.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
There have certainly been a bunch leaving early from the palace side of the 'club wembley' seats (which weren't all that full to begin with, but am seeing more leave the palace side than the chelsea side). Don't know how many of them are palace and how many are neutrals.

Who actually gets Club Wembley tickets ?

Palace sold their 38,000 and also sold 1900 sent back from Chelsea, so not a bad effort TBF

As for the game disappointing as we didn’t have a go at them, strange team picked with Eze starting not what I was expecting but hay ho we enjoyed the day # teams like palace don’t get to Wembley often so it was a special day, in fact felt sorry for Chelsea fans as it was just another game for them, as they kept telling us…I suppose drunk on Russian money for many years they just don’t seem to get it!

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
There'a plenty to take the piss out of us for without making stuff up.

We sold our allocation and also tickets handed back by Chelsea

Our top goalscorer played, the second highest goalscorer wasn't eligible.

Vieira has been consistent about playing Butland, whether that was the right decision is another discussion.

I refuse to enter the poll as there should only be one answer.

Palace were dire on and off the pitch. Couldn't sell out their ticket allocation in their own city and after a run of Millwall, Hartlepool, Stoke and Everton finally lost to a half decent side.

I am glad they lost as they treated the FA Cup with contempt and arrogance as they rested their first team goalkeeper and top goalscorer so they could play in the final :ffsparr:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Who actually gets Club Wembley tickets ?

Palace sold their 38,000 and also sold 1900 sent back from Chelsea, so not a bad effort TBF

As for the game disappointing as we didn’t have a go at them, strange team picked with Eze starting not what I was expecting but hay ho we enjoyed the day # teams like palace don’t get to Wembley often so it was a special day, in fact felt sorry for Chelsea fans as it was just another game for them, as they kept telling us…I suppose drunk on Russian money for many years they just don’t seem to get it!
The way things are looking, Chelsea should be savouring these moments, without Abramovitch’s support they’ll revert back to type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here