Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Commander said:
Yeah because CKR is never slated on here, is he? ???

And when he is whoever has done the slating don't get hounded do they?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Not A Fake Gerbil said:
Some cheeky bastards have the flaming nerve to disagree when there is perceived to be unduly harsh and highly personalised criticism of certain players. I mean, what is the world coming to?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not A Fake Gerbil said:

Yeah but to be fair people get hounded for slating anyone on here. Apart from Leon Knight but he was a cock.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Commander said:
Yeah but to be fair people get hounded for slating anyone on here. Apart from Leon Knight but he was a cock.

The thing is in some peoples eyes he's above slating and all you ever hear is
he's one for the future,
He's only 19 :yawn: :yawn:

I'll start then shall I?

He's NO BLOODY GOOD ANYWAY :thumbsup:

I don't think anyone on here seriously questions Jam the Man's integrity or intentions. We are all gratefull for the "win" and the worst case scenario is that we sell CKR and realise some free and much needed dosh, or in the case of Parkin a great signing (if true).

But Jam, because of your closeness to this issue I think you are being blinded or mis-lead. If you played for Brighton, how much effort would you put into the game once a week regardless of the background issues? If CKR really does bleed blue and white, and really is this comitted hard done by character then we would have seen evidence of his loyalty and commitment on the pitch. The fact is we haven't, so I can only assume that his commitment is in fact a smoke screen and pure spin to mask his true intent to play for a "big club".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Monkster said:
Getting rid of him won't be a problem, getting someone to replace him is....

Unless it's a swop you are 100% correct, any money received will disappear into the black hole so I doubt we'd even replace him.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Lokki 7 said:
I don't think anyone on here seriously questions Jam the Man's integrity or intentions. We are all gratefull for the "win" and the worst case scenario is that we sell CKR and realise some free and much needed dosh, or in the case of Parkin a great signing (if true).

But Jam, because of your closeness to this issue I think you are being blinded or mis-lead. If you played for Brighton, how much effort would you put into the game once a week regardless of the background issues? If CKR really does bleed blue and white, and really is this comitted hard done by character then we would have seen evidence of his loyalty and commitment on the pitch. The fact is we haven't, so I can only assume that his commitment is in fact a smoke screen and pure spin to mask his true intent to play for a "big club".

Hi...

I see your points totally. But I thought long and hard about ever raising any vocal involvement about these issues which first came to my attention last March.. i genuinely have lost sleep over the matter. I actually believe that Kaz has been hard done by. I can't prove it, but even the club have admitted that he's been played out of position etc more often than not.
As i've said before though, at the end of the day I just want to watch my team do well, and i can't put into words how gutted i am that all is not well from this once incrediblly amazing experience. Why can't the club agree to talk to him and/or his reps? I know i'm expecting a lot, but i still really hope this can be sorted out positively

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Jam The Man said:
I actually believe that Kaz has been hard done by. I can't prove it, but even the club have admitted that he's been played out of position

He is a dirty burty though. Why does the club think he has been played out of position, he loves doggy style? I'm not even sure what it has to do with the club.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Jam The Man said:
Hi...

I see your points totally. But I thought long and hard about ever raising any vocal involvement about these issues which first came to my attention last March.. i genuinely have lost sleep over the matter. I actually believe that Kaz has been hard done by. I can't prove it, but even the club have admitted that he's been played out of position etc more often than not.
As i've said before though, at the end of the day I just want to watch my team do well, and i can't put into words how gutted i am that all is not well from this once incrediblly amazing experience. Why can't the club agree to talk to him and/or his reps? I know i'm expecting a lot, but i still really hope this can be sorted out positively

From what you are suggesting he is not happy at being played out of postion? I wonder if he is the only one?

But to be honest I cant think of more than a handfull of games that this has been done to him - to be honest it does sound like he is trying to create a move for himself.

Jam The Man said:
Hi...

Mate. Nothing against you, and please don't take this as criticism because I only have gratitude for you being responsible for A) bringing him here for nothing and B) giving us snipits of inside info. But being played out of position or being clattered by McShane in training or mildly picked on by XYZ in the dressing room is not an excuse for letting the fans down when you take the field. Sorry but it's just not when he is getting well paid. If he thinks that way then it is best he leaves and becomes another clubs problem. I'll take Parkin over CKR right now and be very happy with the swap.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Jam The Man said:
Hi...

I see your point but at the end of the day he is a fully paid up professional footballer, and even if he does feel that he is on the end of some rough treatment, the only way he can turn things around is by proving to MM and the club that he should play week in week out, and that he does in fact give a toss about playing for us.

And the only way he can prove that is effort, the ball is in his court as far as I'm concerned, and at 19 he is old enough to dig in and work hard to prove himself, unless of course he is happy being labelled as a star player that doesn't do a lot, as if he prefers the second option (which on showing at the moment he does), then fair enough he may move to a bigger club than us, but a few more years down the line if he has the same attitude it will end his career very promptly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I'll take Parkin over CKR right now and be very happy with the swap.

Parkin was the 1st choice striker for us last season anyway wasn't he? Can't see a swap without cash from us for Parkin. In fact I can't see anyway that he'd drop a division at this stage of the season having just come back from injury.

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I'd play in goal if it meant I could be a professional footballer. Trouble is I'm crap in goal and about 5'8!

Christ if anyone had to complain about being played out of position (assuming that is the problem) it's Gary Hart, who has played CF, RW, LW, RB, LB and I seem to remember GK (albeit briefly) for the club

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It's not just that though. The view about being played out of position is totally mine and in no way the reason why Kaz has felt the need to consider his future...

Hopefully fuller reasons will be made apparent in due course. I know i'm avoiding stating the reasons but I feel it's for others to explain this - not me.. plus i mentioned in the very first post that I am a fair guy.. the club haven't had their say yet. That said there;s so much smoke for their not to be a fire.

Jam The Man - founder of the bleeding hearts club! Mine feels like it anyway!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
dunno said:
I'd play in goal if it meant I could be a professional footballer. Trouble is I'm crap in goal and about 5'8!

Christ if anyone had to complain about being played out of position (assuming that is the problem) it's Gary Hart, who has played CF, RW, LW, RB, LB and I seem to remember GK (albeit briefly) for the club

As above... Kaz has NEVER complained about it to my knowledge. That is just my view and an observation as to why we may not have seen the best of him.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
dunno said:
Agreed, I'd also mention Paul Reid who played (with fairly poor results, it must be said) out of position by necessity but got on with it without complaining and tried his hardest every week. That's the spirit you're after.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Lokki 7 said:
Mate. Nothing against you, and please don't take this as criticism because I only have gratitude for you being responsible for A) bringing him here for nothing and B) giving us snipits of inside info. But being played out of position or being clattered by McShane in training or mildly picked on by XYZ in the dressing room is not an excuse for letting the fans down when you take the field. Sorry but it's just not when he is getting well paid. If he thinks that way then it is best he leaves and becomes another clubs problem. I'll take Parkin over CKR right now and be very happy with the swap.

Gotta agree with this. And if I could advise any footballer starting out at a new club I would say this: run your heart out, give it your all, because if you do, no matter what happens, evenif you don't make the grade, the fans will support you and will be on your side. Instead of heeding this CKR sulked. He will probably pay the price now and I won't be too bothered if we get a good price and he goes.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Jam The Man said:
As above... Kaz has NEVER complained about it to my knowledge. That is just my view and an observation as to why we may not have seen the best of him.

fair enough. Just wondering what is he best position - is it 'in the hole' behind the front two????????? - 'cos by all accounts he looked good there against Racing Club Le Harve or whatever they were called

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here