Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cold light of day - post Potter

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
As each day passes, I get more excited about the 'restart' in October. I was indifferent towards Potter at the time he left, but now that we seem to be getting our team in place, I'm more inclined to just thank GP and move on. I don't think throwing vitriol at Potter when he returns with Chelsea is particularly classy. I'm sure it will happen though and you can bet the media will be all over it like a tramp on chips.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It might, just might, be the best thing that could've happened. Potter has done a fabulous job no argument, but maybe someone with similar but slightly different ideas might just iron out some of the few issues remaining like the lack of goals while maintaining what we already have, that and the fact we are starting to see the fruits of the recruitment and youth strategies could mean real giddy heights lie ahead.:clap:

Of course DeZerbi could fall flat on his arse and the whole thing comes tumbling down, that's the beauty of football...:ffsparr:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so this thread will have to do!

I have noticed on my pc home page which has all sorts of bits of news on it that Chelsea, Potter, Chelsea players, players opinions on Chelsea, Todd Boehly etc etc are pretty relentless

Loads of it passing opinion, suggesting player problems, fan problems, analysing and general Chelsea talk

It then dawned on me how GP used to talk about "the noise" around performances, good and bad was just noise and he ignored it

Now I get that he could ignore it when he was here because Albion are seldom more than a footnote in the national press apart from when we pull of surprises but surely all the "noise" he is getting now can't be ignored unless he never goes online

Made me wonder if being so much in the spotlight is something that may wear him down as he seems quite a private guy by nature to me?

Not worth a thread of it's own but I'll be interested to see how he copes with it, I assume he thought it through before he agreed to join Chelsea

Yes I know his bank balance and managing a CL club will probably help but he really is high profile now, with lots of noise around him.

Random thought over :smile:

Great to have you back icy :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here