Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think i read somewhere today that Oxford had agreed a fee with Peterborough for Tyrone Barnett of 500k...

Does this mean they will return for CMS in the window.... it would certainly make sense.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Attacking Midfield - We have a few candidates for this role - Tex can play here, as can Lua Lua, JFC and March (If we insist on playing strikers wide). Stephens and Crofts - do they fit in here?

No. I'd have both competing with Ince, Holla and Kayal for the two deeplying central berths. As you say, bin Kemy and Paddy & get some more creativity and firepower for the AM/Winger positions. However I'd only use COG or Bent as the central striker unless we need to mix things up in the 2nd half with Baldock or Clunge coming on. Time to cash in on CMS because I'm pretty sure he won't get a new contract.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think i read somewhere today that Oxford had agreed a fee with Peterborough for Tyrone Barnett of 500k...

Does this mean they will return for CMS in the window.... it would certainly make sense.....

And If COG isent going and we are still looking to sign another striker ..that gives us 5 ..and with CMS out of contract in the Summer it kind of points to him?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Attacking Midfield - We have a few candidates for this role - Tex can play here, as can Lua Lua, JFC and March (If we insist on playing strikers wide). Stephens and Crofts - do they fit in here?
No. I'd have both competing with Ince, Holla and Kayal for the two deeplying central berths. As you say, bin Kemy and Paddy & get some more creativity and firepower for the AM/Winger positions. However I'd only use COG or Bent as the central striker unless we need to mix things up in the 2nd half with Baldock or Clunge coming on. Time to cash in on CMS because I'm pretty sure he won't get a new contract.

I can see what you are saying but perhaps Best and not Bent ..especially when we play Derby :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
And If COG isent going and we are still looking to sign another striker ..that gives us 5 ..and with CMS out of contract in the Summer it kind of points to him?

Quite possibly...ofcourse Peterborough probably realise they can get CMS for nothing in 6 months... depends how urgent they think they need him

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm torn on O'Grady. Undeniably he has been good for the past 2 games with his welcome physicality but his movement isn't great and I think he is looking better because of the large amount of dross we have had up front this season. If the long term aim is promotion, is O'Grady (and for that matter Calderon on the right and Baldock on the left) the answer? Tell will tell but at the moment he's no Ulloa, Murray or even a Barnes- I hope he improves past at least one of those and we keep him till at least the end of the season to find out.

What he's undoubtedly given us is the ability to keep and hold the ball up top. In comparison with Ulloa, Murray and Barnes, I would say he's as good as any of them with his back to a defender, getting the ball under control, shielding it, then passing it to a team mate. I also think he's as good as any of them at bullying a defender.

With reference to his movement, the fact he isn't running around like a headless chicken has also given us some real stability in being able to find him with passes. He isn't turning, finding channels or making little runs every 2mins, but I actually think that is helping us. It is why Baldock is finding himself in goalscoring positions now, because at last we can run in behind our centre forward knowing he's not going to lose it.

Right now, I'm not torn at all. In terms of getting this team away from the bottom of the league I think he's exactly what we need. He's well worth a long run in the side to show what he can do.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Fingers crossed :clap: The Albion might as well claw back £250k which is better than nothing when they release CMS at the end of the season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Quite possibly...ofcourse Peterborough probably realise they can get CMS for nothing in 6 months... depends how urgent they think they need him

Peterborough will be in a dilemma , do they wait and try to pick him up for nothing knowing other clubs will be after his signature or sign him for a modest fee before the deadline ends ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This. What a piss poor return we got on an outlay of £2.5m and high wages. Annoying to think we could have just kept Murray. :(

All clubs sign a few duffers , it even happens to the big 4 in the Premier League :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Peterborough will be in a dilemma , do they wait and try to pick him up for nothing knowing other clubs will be after his signature or sign him for a modest fee before the deadline ends ?

I think they will have to pay this window, as I believe there will be interest from other championship sides for his signature.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Not convinced they will want him after his lacklustre loan spell recently.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think they will have to pay this window, as I believe there will be interest from other championship sides for his signature.

Championship clubs? Do you really believe that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All clubs sign a few duffers , it even happens to the big 4 in the Premier League :lolol:
CMS isn't a duffer.

He's not as bad as some would have you believe.
Alternatively he's proven to not be as good as others has said (cough)

CMS has scored and assisted some valuable goals for the Albion, just nowhere near as many as he should have done.

At the time of buying as much as £2.5m is in the real world.
For a striker who appeared to know where the goal was, it's a pittance, supply and demand.

A list of the home grown goal scorers the Albion have produced in my 44 years proves that:-

1)

See a short list :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Championship clubs? Do you really believe that?

I can see Millwall , Blackpool and Rotherham showing an interest on the 2nd of Feb.

Getting back on topic , O'Gravy is in a win-win situation at present because if he decides to stay Sheffield United will be told we are not prepared to sell instead of him giving them the middle finger after changing his mind.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was really excited when he signed. And sick to the pit of my stomach on his first game when called on for his first bit of control. He had no first touch.

Ignoring COG's other attributes, his first touch is so much better than CMS' it's embarrassing,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here