Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We understand Brighton are in talks with Norwich to sign Lewis Grabban on loan. #BHAFC #NCFC
I can't imagine that we could be arsed to deal with him again.

Even without the history, wouldn't we rather stick with COG over Grabban anyway???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even without the history, wouldn't we rather stick with COG over Grabban anyway???
They're different types of forward, we would want someone like Grabban.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't imagine that we could be arsed to deal with him again.

COG over ANY loan signing for me, we know he'll put the effort in.Grabban looked crap and disinterested when we played Norwich too.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
"The performance and result like that is something you can take positives from. The most important thing is to move out of the position we're in, get up the league, see how we can do in the remainder of the season and take it into the next one."

Doesn't sound like someone on his way...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can't see the point in shipping out COG. There was a reason we brought him here in the first place, and now, finally, we're starting to see what that was. Why go (potentially) back to square one? Especially (if this Grabban story has any element of truth) with a guy who a) messed us around in the first place and b) is being shipped out by another Championship team?

Sorry, but I really don't get it. However, what slightly concerned me was the way that CH was saying he 'HOPED' COG was going to stay. Surely he's under contract, and it's down the the manager if he stays? Yes, I know he's had a bad start, but he made the decision to come in the first place. Surely this can't be solely in the hands of the player?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I would think that Koscienly would hope that every games is as easy for him as this one was. COG hustled and bustled but actually won very few balls and virtually none in the air. His persistence on thd ground was good. This is where I dont think he is good enough, if they drop the ball short he will win it but in an outright jump he will always come off 2nd best

This would be a reasonable point if he hadn't won pretty much every header he'd gone for in every other game since Hyypia left.

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I would prefer if it said Elliott Bennett rather than Grabban.

Really? You'd like Elliott Bennett on loan? I hope we're not in talks with Norwich to sign him on loan because last time I checked I think we already...................no hang on you do the rest.

DavePage

selling a player to replace with a loan plan doesn’t make sense.
As we have witnessed over the past few seasons, if we do get a steal of a loan player, then they are nowhere near us the following year.
and in this instant, an on form player that is on contract gone, probably for next to undisclosed

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'd sell him. I don't get the recent love in with regards to COG. Sure yes, he's done well recently. He's far from an ulloa, and that's the sort of quality striker we need to get promoted. So if the addition of an Ulloa quality player is coming in then I'm comfortable with the sale of COG. If not, then i'm very concerned. I also get the impression that COG is a very decent fella, he wants to play. If he's getting 5 or 10 minutes a game then the desire to go back up north will only get stronger as time passes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really hope we keep COG, he looks a totally different player to when he appeared for Sami.

However, if we get a new top striker in that does give us 6 forwards, which seems too many. In this case it would seem sensible to ship out CMS, even on a free, to save on his wages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
According to today's Argus it looks like he may want to stay and compete with Best if he gets a fair crack at playing. The club wouldn't be stupid and sell him whilst getting in another loanee would they?

It's CMS they should be looking at moving on.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I really hope COG stays. Decent bloke with a good attitude. Can't blame his family though. They came down to Brighton to find that he was treated badly by Hyypia. Got a loan back to Sheffield and they resettled back up there. They know he will fit into the Sheffield set up. They will worry in case it goes wrong for him at Brighton again. I guess from what CH says that there is still at least a slight chance he might stay. However he's going to be watching our other signings to try and be sure that he will continue to get game time. Signing him was perhaps a better move than I thought at the time -so long as he stays!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's COG's quotes about his future via The Argus this morning
“I was brought to the club in July and, at every club I’ve played for in the last five or six years which had led me to here, I’ve achieved. My career has been progressive.
“It would be too easy just to give up and for it to have not been successful. I’ve worked hard in everything and it’s too easy to say ‘it just didn’t work out’.
“It’s fine to say that if you have given everything and not been good enough but I don’t think that is the case.”
“Competition is a good thing. Competition is not so good when you are just there to make the numbers up really.
“It’s a case of me playing well and not allowing anyone else in the team – raising my level. It’s a squad of players all deemed good enough to play on any given day.
“That’s what it didn’t feel like before. I felt like I was here in a large squad and it wasn’t really competition.”

via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11750682.O_Grady_hints_he_wants_to_stay_at_Albion/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd sell him. I don't get the recent love in with regards to COG. Sure yes, he's done well recently. He's far from an ulloa, and that's the sort of quality striker we need to get promoted. So if the addition of an Ulloa quality player is coming in then I'm comfortable with the sale of COG. If not, then i'm very concerned.
So you wouldn't sell him then? Because there's nothing to suggest we're about to get another striker worth £10m on the cheap. No one is saying he's as good as an Ulloa, we're simply saying that he's better than anyone else we have, and we can't let him go. On recent evidence I'd suggest he's worth more than £500k too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I almost feel Tony should keep his powder dry this window. I'm feeling like with Hughton at the helm, this squad will be safely steered out of trouble. No rush expensive singings.

Lets keep whatever money is available earning interest for some proper squad building in the summer. Let Hughton really identify what he needs to go for it next season. There is little value in January unless we are fortunate enough to scout another Ulloa from somewhere.

If Chris O'Grady's form continues to improve, then I think that has such a positive impact on our style of play, the likes of Baldock, March, Tex and Colunga will all start finding the net more regularly because we will be holding the ball up and support joins in.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season now. May still be a bit rocky, but feeling nicely confident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here