Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
COG bought a place last year on Shoreham Beach for £1.5m, cash.

His kids go to Shoreham College and left when he went back to Sheffield a few weeks ago, they are now back and enrolled at Shoreham College again. Well, they were last week, I cannot vouch for today.

I think/hope he will stay as it is quite an upheaval for his kids if they get taken out of school to go back up north again. Plus, he has been quality since Hyppia's sacking/resignation.

Liar, it's still on the market, Rightmove £1.5m Warwick Baker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Failing memory on my part, but I thought, for example, when he came on at Fulham he won absolutely everything in the air.

I was talking of yesterday when he won nothing in the air. I think that he could be an asset but not one to go over the hill about as many on here have, after 3 good games. In the role he is played he is ok but I am looking for the man to lead the line and score 20 goals and dont see him as the answer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe he'll go, maybe he'll stay, but I'd suggest that anyone saying his departure is a done deal is talking shite, given the Hughton is still hoping Chris will stay.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was talking of yesterday when he won nothing in the air. I think that he could be an asset but not one to go over the hill about as many on here have, after 3 good games. In the role he is played he is ok but I am looking for the man to lead the line and score 20 goals and dont see him as the answer.

To be fair he was up against a pair of international centre backs.

I think we ought to temper our thoughts about COG with who we are playing against.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hands up Im a convert. He started against Sheff Wed in our first home game but to be fair no one pulled up any trees in that game. He also started against BURTON AWAY. At this game he looked like a L2 striker, much like CMS did to be frank and based on that game I thought he wasnt very good. After this COG didnt feature much. Maybe because of Burton, maybe Sami didnt fancy him, or whatever. However like any player its all about confidence and he has that now and when you have confidence you generally play better.
Funny how opinions differ. I thought that Burton away was the one game (under SH) that COG showed us what he can do. It was easily his best game for us before he went on loan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair he was up against a pair of international centre backs.

I think we ought to temper our thoughts about COG with who we are playing against.
Like the rest of the team I didn't think CoG was all that, in the first half, looking more out of his depth than most.

But as he and the team started to get a look in, I thought Chris and Rohan's improvements were nothing short of amazing, dragging the rest of the team with them.

Last edited:

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
200k fee agreed according to sun on Sunday. Which is ludicrous. And reports that his family have moves back up north already.

What a shame....

Reports that his family have moved back up north some weeks ago is b*llsh1t. See his wife dropping his kids off to school most mornings and this morning he was there too!! Implied that he is enjoying his football here now...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like the rest of the team I didn't think CoG was all that, in the first half, looking more out of his depth than most.

But as he and the team started to get a look in, I thought Chris and Rohan's improvements were nothing short of amazing, dragging the rest of the team with them.

Bruno was the ONLY player in the 1st half who wasn't made to look a donkey.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reports that his family have moved back up north some weeks ago is b*llsh1t. See his wife dropping his kids off to school most mornings and this morning he was there too!! Implied that he is enjoying his football here now...

Just checking...you don't live in Sheffield, do you...?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We understand Brighton are in talks with Norwich to sign Lewis Grabban on loan. #BHAFC #NCFC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here