Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I
This thread is so so soooo funny.

A month ago NSC was desperate to hound out Hyypia and Burke because Big Chris was so unbelievable shitehouse.

Now NSC can't believe the Albion would be so stupid as to off load CoG for less than it paid for him.

By my reckoning that must mean Chris was a quality bit of business, by...

...?

Ah, but does that offset the signings of Kemy and Toko?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

A month ago NSC was desperate to hound out Hyypia and Burke because Big Chris was so unbelievable shitehouse.

Now NSC can't believe the Albion would be so stupid as to off load CoG for less than it paid for him.

...?

Not sure the reason people wanted to hound out Burke and Hyypia was because of COG, there were more pressing reasons

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

...?

It's different voices as well you know Stat!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure the reason people wanted to hound out Burke and Hyypia was because of COG, there were more pressing reasons
Very very sure the signing of Chris was one of the reasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I

Ah, but does that offset the signings of Kemy and Toko?
Throw Ince into the mix, along with the first glimpses of positivity from Baldock & Holla, and by the end of the season it just might.

That's even before we get onto Dunk & Stockdale's replacements, waiting in the wings.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If you leave me now, you'll take away the very heart of me...
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh-no, Chris O please don't go.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Throw Ince into the mix, along with the first glimpses of positivity from Baldock & Holla, and by the end of the season it just might.

That's even before we get onto Dunk & Stockdale's replacements, waiting in the wings.

What it tells us is that our previous manager was so shit, that many people didn't see O'Grady's potential or other players for that matter. Most of us knew SH had us all over the shop, but the recent form of COG, Ince & Holla isn't a stick to beat fans who misjudge certain players, it is confirmation of how poor our previous manager was!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What it tells us is that our previous manager was so shit, that many people didn't see O'Grady's potential or other players for that matter. Most of us knew SH had us all over the shop, but the recent form of COG, Ince & Holla isn't a stick to beat fans who misjudge certain players, it is confirmation of how poor our previous manager was!!!!
Nobody was looking for potential in O'Grady.
He was just a poor journeyman lump, from a relegated side that was symptomatic of the Albion's spiral downwards, while we paid top dollar to watch.

Sure SH was poor (and I was one of the last to finally admit it) but nobody was looking to give the players a pass.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nobody was looking for potential in O'Grady.
He was just a poor journeyman lump, from a relegated side that was symptomatic of the Albion's spiral downwards, while we paid top dollar to watch.

Sure SH was poor (and I was one of the last to finally admit it) but nobody was looking to give the players a pass.

I think you're taking an NSC minority, and trying to turn it into something bigger than it was. Sure some people didn't like him, I don't remember it being a tide of opinion compared to everything else that was going on.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He bloody gave everything today, it may be limited in comparison with the opposition today but I loved every minute of watching COG today.

Half of my chear for that goal was for the Albion half was for him, he deserved it.

How can you not love a player like him. If he does go I wish him every success.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Listening to Warren on the way home and it appears we are deep in the process of bringing in a top rated striker, one who will be better than the COG apparently, if we can get it over the line ? if we do he goes in Warrens words if not he stays, that's how i heard it, did anyone else?

Kenwyne Jones ? Cardiff City fire sale continues

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

...?

I stuck by him. I'll be gutted if he goes :(

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
said it before anyone who can score 15 goals for a rubbish team like Barnsley were last season must be able to do it for us

with the right manager of coarse

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
Apologies for the elongated post

Regardless of previous posters (or future ones) I'd like to take this opportunity to say how proud I was of COG and the team today, after Walcott scored in what seemed like the first second of play, I am sure I was not alone in expecting a massive drubbing for the Albion.
They (unlike earlier this season) did not let their heads go down, they stood up and got on with the job, how many of us, in all honesty would have expected to lose by one goal, and, in my opinion, to be the more attacking team in the last 15 minutes.
I don't know how many teams have put 2 goals past Arsenal this season and to be honest, I dont care, all I know is we did, Brighton and Hove Albion, 19th in the Championship, my team!
I live up in Liverpool (works a bugger and they have no consideration for your allegiances), and I wasn't able to get to the game, so I watched the game as did many, in the pub, with my mates. Bearing in mind the last time we played Liverpool, you can imagine the ribbing I was getting, especially after 2 minutes. At the final whistle, I was being congratulated on the performance, considering I wasn't playing, i was pleased as punch. To those I was with, COG and Ince were the stand out players, although Caldy did raise the question, is the smile tattooed on?, would he have got more decisions if he looked upset about the tackles against him.
They couldn't believe the position we are in, we play far better than a team supposedly battling against relegation, and, the main point as made to me, if we had played the first half, as we did the second, we could well have won the match.
Call me delusional, I am a Brighton supporter after all, but given today's performance, WE are capable of moving forward with the current squad, and we are capable of holding our own in the premier league. Whether or not we can reach the promised land is another question.
For me, COG could become a pivotal part of the team, as was stated before, his hold up play is second to none, I for one would be far more interested in signing someone to play alongside him, rather than sign someone instead of him.
If your interested, I was never one calling for COG to be sold, I was of the opinion he was never given the chance under SH, as such, I tend to only formulate an opinion over several games, and so far, COG, seems to be a pretty good buy! Letting him go would be the wrong decision IMHO???

Last edited:

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I hope he stays, he is a good player. He just didn't fit in, in Hyypia's "system", and that was the reason he looked bad before.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think he will go for the £500K he cost us. The Sun talks bollocks at the best of times.
If Aspinall says the player we're after is way better then it's because he is. Aspinall is a tongue tied **** but he is no bad judge of a footballer.

Have faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here