Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Heard two separate interviews with him on the radio while in the endless Bridge Car park queue. In both he sounded pretty happy, motivated and enjoying life under CH. Maybe I am clutching at straws because I hope we keep him but he didn't sound like someone on the way out

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Amazing how a player can look so different under a different manager. He didn't really celebrate his goal much today, so that may be an indication that he knows he's not going to be around here soon.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
200k fee agreed according to sun on Sunday. Which is ludicrous. And reports that his family have moves back up north already.

What a shame....

I heard this from a decent source today, gutted if true, has played great at Fulham, Charlton and at home to Ipswich, our player til 2017, so keep him.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
What a delicious, gentle, articulate and intelligent bloke. I bet he reads a broadsheet, not some tits-out redtop or the Daily Mail or Daily Express that you'd find in the houses of thickos like SIMMO SAYS and Das Reich.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What a delicious, gentle, articulate and intelligent bloke. I bet he reads a broadsheet, not some tits-out redtop or the Daily Mail or Daily Express that you'd find in the houses of thickos like SIMMO SAYS and Das Reich.
Delicious ? that's going to far, but I guess this is Brighton.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why can't we keep COG to play alongside this striker that is lined up? Rather him than Colunga or CMS, to to be honest.

Baldock? Jury is still out, for me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A few weeks ago COG was the butt of a lot of jokes and peoples ridicule on here, all claiming he wasn't good enough for the championship even though he scored 15 goals for a team at the bottom end last year. Now he has had some really good performances, that's all changed. Is it any wonder he prefers to be up north with his family!

If it's a done deal then it's our loss but wish him well.

Anyone who thinks he should put football before his family really needs to take a good look at themselves.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
CMS should go. Baldock will score goals if he plays in a front two or just behind a striker centrally. I would be really disappointed in the club if we let COG go however, I think he will probably be Sheffield bound. Will be disappointing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If true, yet again this is piss poor management by the club. It takes us ages to get a decent striker firing for us and then we sell him for a pittance. You couldn't make it up. An absolute shambles and I doubt very much whether Best will be a patch on O'Grady even when fit.

I thought the club moved to sell him some 2 months ago after the collective wisdom of the NSC Brains trust determined that he was sh1t?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A few weeks ago COG was the butt of a lot of jokes and peoples ridicule on here, all claiming he wasn't good enough for the championship even though he scored 15 goals for a team at the bottom end last year. Now he has had some really good performances, that's all changed. Is it any wonder he prefers to be up north with his family!

Anyone who thinks he should put football before his family really needs to take a good look at themselves.

I'll be honest Drew, and there will be posts to back this up, I liked him from the start. In fact I'd go as far as to say he's the best hold it up centre forward we've had in the Amex era. His lack of pace is more than adequately replaced with great awareness, strength, control and distribution.

I completely agree massive loss if we let him go, but I'm seriously hoping Hughton and the club see what potential he has for us.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'll be honest Drew, and there will be posts to back this up, I liked him from the start. In fact I'd go as far as to say he's the best hold it up centre forward we've had in the Amex era. His lack of pace is more than adequately replaced with great awareness, strength, control and distribution.

I completely agree massive loss if we let him go, but I'm seriously hoping Hughton and the club see what potential he has for us.

100%. He was immense today…..if he goes for anything less than a few million, it'll be the third ginormous co*k-up in recent times - Murray, Barnes, O'Grady….don't we want to get to the PremierLeague??

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We'd be mad to let him go now, even if someone else is coming in. Shift CMS out on loan if necessary to make way for the new striker. Feels like the Barnes situation all over again, shoot ourselves in the foot for the sake of a few hundred grand.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I think that the fact that he is earning probably in he region of 400-500k can be considered looking after his family, and he wasn't forced to sign in the summer. It's not as if he is being asked to move them somewhere horrible or potentially dangerous - the south coast has to be one of the nicest locations going.

Kids are very adaptable and make friends quickly, and I'm sure his wife can put up with it for 2-3 years in return for the footballer's wife lifestyle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread is so so soooo funny.

A month ago NSC was desperate to hound out Hyypia and Burke because Big Chris was so unbelievable shitehouse.

Now NSC can't believe the Albion would be so stupid as to off load CoG for less than it paid for him.

By my reckoning that must mean Chris was a quality bit of business, by...

...?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This thread is so so soooo funny.

A month ago NSC was desperate to hound out Hyypia and Burke because Big Chris was so unbelievable shitehouse.

Now NSC can't believe the Albion would be so stupid as to off load CoG for less than it paid for him.

By my reckoning that must mean Chris was a quality bit of business, by...

...?

We've seen what he can do now, so what do you suggest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here