Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Coffee machine - Tassimo, Dolce Gusto or Nespresso?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am getting a Nespresso for Christmas and am very excited. It was an incredible offer direct from them with a discount on the machine, 100 pods free of 10 different varieties and 2 months free subscription meaning it was effectively a free machine.

BUT I have got a Vertuo coming. now I've looked into it I wish I had gone for an original machine to use generic pods as now I think I can only use their ones and these can only be bought online or from one of their boutiques - the nearest in Horsham in the John Lewis.

I have had a tassimo - not impressed
I currently grind my own beans - but still cant get it right (although smells fantastic)

The online ordering is fine......either with the app or directly on their website. They'll also collect the used pods for recycling. The initial 100 pods is useful as you get a chance to try several flavours - I've still got quite a few of that 100 left though as I don't like them (like the hazelnut flavour for example)

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Only one way I make coffee is to use one of these.
51vFLoh+4uL._AC_SX522_.jpg

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
The online ordering is fine......either with the app or directly on their website. They'll also collect the used pods for recycling. The initial 100 pods is useful as you get a chance to try several flavours - I've still got quite a few of that 100 left though as I don't like them (like the hazelnut flavour for example)

I just hoped I could buy cheaper ones or at least stick it on the shopping bill rather than out of my own account.

I have so many direct debit items now

Coffee (well next year)
Harrys razors
Onthatass pants
Private eye
Spotify
Amazon Prime

its consumerism gone mad!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I'm more than happy with my DeLonghi Caffe' Corso which processes beans or ground coffee and has steam nozzle for milk.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Don't get sucked into the pods, go independent away from all the expensive branding. You will save money in the long run, so much greener too.
We went with a Klastein, cost £159.99 German engineering, it took about 5 days to arrive direct from Berlin.

Pros:
Quiet
Separate milk tank
Easy to clean
You can preset for the cup size you use
Milk froths like the top machines
Simple to use.
Buy and coffee without the waste
No added sugar
Small and compact.

Cons.
A couple of drop of milk drip from frother after use, we just put the removable tank in the fridge on kitchen roll.

It really was a no - brainer.

Good luck.

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Kitchen...vcaIoW_UPeClhOmAolEDa5K0e8WP58FEaAkHHEALw_wcB

I actually like the look of that one. Out of interest what coffee do you use?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you want good coffee, as opposed to hot milkshake, these things are billiant, and cheap. bought mine in Italy 23 years ago, still good as anything at actually making coffee from ground up beans. bialetti_newvenus_1.jpg

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
My household uses a Gaggia Classic. And then because we're too lazy to sort out the coffee grounds, we use ESE coffee (normally Espressione). Makes a great cuppa.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Unless they are all self-cleaning surely life is too short? Respect to those that do it, especially those who grind their own beans, but for someone like me who can just about cope with rinsing out a cafetière, ground coffee is my limit.

:)

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Unless they are all self-cleaning surely life is too short? Respect to those that do it, especially those who grind their own beans, but for someone like me who can just about cope with rinsing out a cafetière, ground coffee is my limit.

:)
A lot less cleaning than you'd think. The cake of coffee just taps out into the bin so you don't have coffee grinds everywhere. I wash the coffee holder maybe once a week depending on how much its been used and it's very easy, certainly much less fiddly/messy than washing a cafetiere!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Opinions?

Not for my self ( hate all coffee, personally ) but for the girlfriend for Christmas.

Pros and cons of each one? I wouldn’t say she’s a massive coffee drinker, 1 or 2 in the morning, and one in the evening most days... but she wants a coffee machine 🤷🏻*♂️

Thanks 😁

not read rest of thread but my other half sells these as a job. Dolce Gusto is the worst. Tassimo is most convenient (buy pods in supermarket) but uses UHT milk and is not great at coffee. Nespresso is the best and best for coffee. But have to order pods online mostly. (she said a lot of other shit but thats the gist of it).

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
View attachment 131303

I have one of these (an earlier version as it's now 5 years old) it's superb

Ive had a Tassimo for 5 years and was happy with it but splashed out on Black Friday and bought a Delonghi bean to cup for £250 ( half price) similar to the one above. can make Cappuchino, Latte, Flat White and espresso ( if you like all thay sugary syrupy crap in coffee then you dont like coffee) and was cheaper than tassimo pods, also pods create so much waste coffee bean residue can be put on plants to keep off slugs and insects.

A HACK ( as the kids say) for Tassimo.....DON'T buy Cappuchino or Latte pods you only get 8 drinks in a pack as 8 are UHT milk, but the americano or espresso pods and warm up a bit of milk in the microwave then you get 16 drinks per pack.......or for more froth buy a silver swan milk frother/heater.( £20)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Genuine Nespresso pods are aluminium and 100% recyclable.

We have a nifty gadget from Lakeland which punches the coffee out so you can out it in your compost, and then the empty pods go straight in recycling.

Mrs DiS loves her coffee and she does Nespresso. She likes the one we bought for home soooooo much she bought another one for our Motorhome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here