Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Coffee machine - Tassimo, Dolce Gusto or Nespresso?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nespresso here!

Love it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nesspresso but pods work out very expensive imho compared to say grinding your own beans and buying that kind of machine. That said you can’t beat the convenience of a pod and a delicious coffee 1min later.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Mrs has a De Longhi thing, she researched them for ages but I still always use my Moka Pot, that's the best coffee maker as far as I'm concerned.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Opinions?

Not for my self ( hate all coffee, personally ) but for the girlfriend for Christmas.

Pros and cons of each one? I wouldn’t say she’s a massive coffee drinker, 1 or 2 in the morning, and one in the evening most days... but she wants a coffee machine ����*♂️

Thanks ��

I have a Nespresso machine which I couldn't be without, had it for 6 years and it's still going strong. The Nespresso branded capsules are brilliant and there's a massive variety of different coffees, but there are other compatible brands which are still very decent and easy enough to find in a supermarket.

However, my parents have a Bosch Tassimo machine and the variety of drinks is amazing- it has teas, hot chocolates, lattes, cappuccinos etc with the milk in a separate pod and stuff like that. The standard coffee gives you a proper mugful with the Kenco Americano XL pods as well which is nice, whereas a lot of Nespresso pods are geared up for espresso/smaller coffees (I like a proper big mug of coffee with two Nespresso pods but that's personal preference obv).

Can't speak for Dolce Gusto but if she isn't that into coffee and you're partial to other hot beverages, I'd say go for Tassimo so you can both get something out of it.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Another vote for Nespresso, they do two types of machine now, so two different types of pods, so check your overall preference before deciding on the machine. If i recall correctly the newer style machine has a much bigger range of 'Mug' size coffee than the older one, but can only be purchased online unlike the original.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just waiting for an Amazon link from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ��

Good man! Here you go >>> https://amzn.to/37QKMq9

I'll add that I'm very similar to you - I can't stand coffee but my partner does. Someone suggested a Nespresso machine when I was struggling for ideas for a Christmas gift some years back and I bought one as a result.

It's almost certainly the best present I've ever bought anyone in terms of usage - it's still used most days now.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Definitely Nespresso.

I've got a Tassimo one because I was given it for free and it's ok, does a job, same as the Dolce Gusto one when I've tried that but my in laws have a Nespresso and having coffee from that machine is one of the things I enjoy most about visiting them! I love it and when my Tassimo packs up I will be buying a Nespresso for sure.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
coffee.jpg

I have one of these (an earlier version as it's now 5 years old) it's superb

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Jura bean to cup.

I've had my j7 for about 14 years and it's probably the best purchase of my life.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
People who use pod machines have more money than sense and essentially kick David Attenborough in the balls every cup

All our coffee drinking requires deforestation, replacement of natural species with endless coffee bushes, spraying of pesticides etc., transport halfway around the world...

Perhaps you should stick to rainwater?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
All our coffee drinking requires deforestation, replacement of natural species with endless coffee bushes, spraying of pesticides etc., transport halfway around the world...

Perhaps you should stick to rainwater?

It’s very nutritious I’ll have you know

D

Deleted member 2719

Don't get sucked into the pods, go independent away from all the expensive branding. You will save money in the long run, so much greener too.
We went with a Klastein, cost £159.99 German engineering, it took about 5 days to arrive direct from Berlin.

Pros:
Quiet
Separate milk tank
Easy to clean
You can preset for the cup size you use
Milk froths like the top machines
Simple to use.
Buy and coffee without the waste
No added sugar
Small and compact.

Cons.
A couple of drop of milk drip from frother after use, we just put the removable tank in the fridge on kitchen roll.

It really was a no - brainer.

Good luck.

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Kitchen...vcaIoW_UPeClhOmAolEDa5K0e8WP58FEaAkHHEALw_wcB

D

Deleted member 2719

As you're recommending it, presumably this only makes white coffee?

Feck me, I must be a racist as I hate black coffee..............na it's okay because I love dark chocolate and don't like white chocolate.

You really had me worried there.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I bought a Tassimo Bosch machine, a waste of money and it never gets used. I don't think the coffee tastes great and the pods are expensive and not great for the environment. Big mistake.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I am getting a Nespresso for Christmas and am very excited. It was an incredible offer direct from them with a discount on the machine, 100 pods free of 10 different varieties and 2 months free subscription meaning it was effectively a free machine.

BUT I have got a Vertuo coming. now I've looked into it I wish I had gone for an original machine to use generic pods as now I think I can only use their ones and these can only be bought online or from one of their boutiques - the nearest in Horsham in the John Lewis.

I have had a tassimo - not impressed
I currently grind my own beans - but still cant get it right (although smells fantastic)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
V60 pour over for me ! Such a lovely clean cup of black coffee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here