Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Coffee drinkers

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm looking for a new cofffee machine, we're been existing with lavazza pods thing while house renovations were ongoing, but done now . . . Despite them being compostible it still feels wrong and its expensive.

I'm a 2 in the morning coffee drinker, water thereafter at work, sometimes tea at home

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One thing I've found when grinding my own coffee beans is that a burr grinder gives a much better brew than a blade grinder

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I drink instant at work and Nespresso at the weekends. prefer it black and strong but if I have more than 2 it makes me shit for the rest of the day.

As its cold at work I am drinking more coffee to keep warm and then constantly have a grumbly belly. I have to be careful not to fart as I am in danger of soiling myself.

Cant swap to tea as I need 3 sugars in that. tried flavoured teas - tasteless piss

So coffee it is and the constant threat of the squits.

Id better copyright that before Costa steals it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm looking for a new cofffee machine, we're been existing with lavazza pods thing while house renovations were ongoing, but done now . . . Despite them being compostible it still feels wrong and its expensive.

I'm a 2 in the morning coffee drinker, water thereafter at work, sometimes tea at home
This is our 2nd one from John Lewis.
A Dè Longhi, no more pods.
Screenshot_20221014_145131.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always laugh at the amount of conned Caffeine drinkers I see blindly staggering to work with earpods in holding an outstretched coffee carton. It's like some badge of honour.. " Look at me ! I have coffee "

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
In my previous career, I worked third shift so drank a ton of coffee, mainly with just cream and no sugar. Since becoming a teacher, I rarely do though to tbh. More of a energy drink person now, one Red Bull each morning usually does me. I know their not the best for you, but really neither is coffee, but need some kind of energy to deal with these kids.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Imho this explains EVERYTHING

View attachment 152776
Absolutely amazed that the US ranks so low on that list. As for me l'm a Greek coffee addict, but next to impossible to find in this country outside a Greek restaurant, unless l make it myself.

Even then, to do so properly l need a brikki to make it in, and a very fiddly process it is too. I drink it gliko (very sweet). Strong stuff and l wouldn't want to drink too much of it..

The rest of the time l make do with an espresso, (not dissimilar), or americano. I don't take milk.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
In my previous career, I worked third shift so drank a ton of coffee, mainly with just cream and no sugar. Since becoming a teacher, I rarely do though to tbh. More of a energy drink person now, one Red Bull each morning usually does me. I know their not the best for you, but really neither is coffee, but need some kind of energy to deal with these kids.
Coffee (in moderation) has health benefits. I'm not sure the same can be said for RedBull!

BBC goodfood guide to health benefits of coffee

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Builders tea with plenty of sugar is my preferred morning beverage, can’t get excited about all the pretentious w@nkery that seems to go along with coffee.

Give me a 60/40 Assam/Ceylon blend perfectly steeped for precisely 4 minutes, 30 seconds, and I’m content. 😉
It's gone cold by then

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Fire up the 6 cup Moka pot in the morning. Nuke a pint of milk. Mix. Drink a cup, poor rest into thermal cup and drink on way to work.
After that it's whatever comes my way until I get home and have a small cup with what's left from the missus firing up the 3 cup Moka pot shortly before the afternoon school run.

Usually get beans by the kilo through a contact and grind them with a hand grinder.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’m only a one cup espresso drinker a day before I leave for work but what are you lot. Some people I work with are obsessed with it…. I don’t mind the odd cappuccino either.
Idrinkwaytoomuchcoffeeandampermenantlywired.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I always laugh at the amount of conned Caffeine drinkers I see blindly staggering to work with earpods in holding an outstretched coffee carton. It's like some badge of honour.. " Look at me ! I have coffee "
Shocking isn't it

I got my old Kitchen Aid coffe machine ( gaggia on the inside) for Xmas in 2005, by hook n crook it lived until 2020. It was £450 back then, which was a shit load of money but it was and remains a great basic machine ,. . . . Just a shame KA only make bling cloaked tat now.

every day for years I'd walk through town walking the dog thinking 'HA-HA' I've saved another £3 on you.

little victories 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here