Mid Sussex
:angry: :nono: :flameboun :yawn: :angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fran Hagarty said:
It's demeaning and insulting. I don't find it at all amusing. I hope he doesn't read this site.

I suspect he has a life and so does not read this site.

Your comments about Leon are hardly going to make him bust a gut for the team either though!

If I drop a goolie at work and make a tit out of myself, my colleagues and students laugh at me, and I take it in good humour.

It's not demeaning unless it is malicious, the comments about Roberts being a clown are due to his disco bonkers behaviour at times, and there is no malice involved

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Wilko I think threads such as 'f*** off Zesh rehmann' are slightly more insulting than calling Roberts a :jester: [/quote] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fran Hagarty said:
I agree, that's bad as well. Rehman has ability - he proved that when he first came and was excellent at R&D but hasn't been the same since.

I agree that the Rehman thread was far OTT, but this is an internet message board that is here for people to share their opinions on all things Albion.

The fact of the matter is all teams are going to have players that aren't as good as others, and that aren't good enough or playing well enough.

Some people seem to keep their blue and white tinted spectacles on at all times and seem to think we must worship the ground that all our players walk on. I am sure that makes me sound very hypocritical because I am the same with Kuipers and I kjnow he is not perfect.

The Rehman thread was out of order, although I agree he is crap; and lets hope the Butters ebay thing worked as a kick up the backside and contributed towards the good form he has shown this season.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
We'll just have to agree to differ - I'm with Brighton Bird on this one.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
To be honest the Coco thing annoys me a little bit - However as has been said it is a message board and people are entitled to say what they feel. What really pisses me off is when people shout abuse at him when he is playing (or any other Brighton player). At QPR the bloke behind me was constantly shouting "Roberts you're crap". I hate it when so-called supporters abuse their own players during a game.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Kneon Light said:
To be honest the Coco thing annoys me a little bit - However as has been said it is a message board and people are entitled to say what they feel. What really pisses me off is when people shout abuse at him when he is playing (or any other Brighton player). At QPR the bloke behind me was constantly shouting "Roberts you're crap". I hate it when so-called supporters abuse their own players during a game.

I agree - that is much worse, especially when it is in earshot of the player(s) concerned. As far as I'm concerned, it is counter-productive, although some people seem to think it can give the player a kick up the a*se. However, the way I see it is that if confidence is lacking abuse surely can't help. Players may or may not read what is said on here. I remember someone saying once that some of them do. Even if they don't, I suspect some of the comments do get back to them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's fine, if Ben Roberts does read this site, "PLEASE BEN DO NOT TRY TO DRIBBLE ROUND FORWARDS", other than that I think he is a good keeper.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
El Presidente said:
That's fine, if Ben Roberts does read this site, "PLEASE BEN DO NOT TRY TO DRIBBLE ROUND FORWARDS", other than that I think he is a good keeper.

Absolutely! i agree with that!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
some good points

i think everyone makes mistakes we'll have to wait and see

i do love kuipers though

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I think that Butters £5 shirt is excellent, and a much sought after fashion item.

:lolol:
:jester:

I'm sure Guy would be secretly thrilled if he saw it...its not as though anyone's particularly slagging him off now is it? It's more of a laugh now than anything else.

Guy's playing well, he's happy, we're happy, no problems from where I'm sitting.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Kuipers may have made mistakes this season but the big difference with his mistakes and Ben Roberts mistakes is that Roberts has brought them on himself. It's not as if it was a one off. He has tried dribbling the ball around people at least 5-6 times this season and we have been punished because of this. Surly he has been told not to do it again but yet still does it.

Over the past 3-4 years Kuipers has won nearly as meny games as Zamora's goals did. Remember Bristol Rovers at home or all those 1-0 wins over Cardiff. Without Kuipers we wouldn't have won the two championships. He makes saves that most other keepers aren't capable off.

Roberts is a good keeper who isn't at his best at the moment (I'm not saying Kuipers is at his best either!) but when both are at their best Kuipers wins hand down for me. :clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fran Hagarty said:
I agree - that is much worse, especially when it is in earshot of the player(s) concerned. As far as I'm concerned, it is counter-productive, although some people seem to think it can give the player a kick up the a*se. However, the way I see it is that if confidence is lacking abuse surely can't help. Players may or may not read what is said on here. I remember someone saying once that some of them do. Even if they don't, I suspect some of the comments do get back to them.

kuipers at peterboro he was poor
agree with fran hagarty at port vale when lee came on some one near me in north stand shouted at the top of there voice f*** of lee your a joke what great motivation that is for a player

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
edna krabappel said:
Personally I think that Butters £5 shirt is excellent, and a much sought after fashion item.

:jester:

I'm sure Guy would be secretly thrilled if he saw it...its not as though anyone's particularly slagging him off now is it? It's more of a laugh now than anything else.

Guy's playing well, he's happy, we're happy, no problems from where I'm sitting.

Aha! If it's you who was wearing said shirt, I know who you are! No fear! My lips are sealed!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It might be

;)

Thought Butters was a candidate for MoM at Swindon, particularly given how the rest of them faded badly in the second half.

Still time for a late entry into the England squad for Portugal, Guy, especially now Ferdinand's got himself suspended.

"His name is Rio and he's sitting in the stand"

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Wilko said:
I agree, I think some are taking it a bit too seriously, Roberts has had a couple of howlers and the clown thing is a bit of a joke. We are hardly calling his mother a whore or planning to burn him at the steak are we.

I can just imagine Coco the clown strapped to a large rib-eye and being slapped in a griddle somewhere!

I presume you meant Stake Wilko?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports