Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coco the Clown

I hearby ask all my fellow NSC'ers to stop quoting Coco The Clown when Ben Roberts name is mentioned!

I think Ben has done a great job as he has been playing with a dodgy back and really should not have been out on field. He has made some mistakes this season, as has Kuipers. Let's move on and get behind Roberts (when he gets back) and stop making silly names for him. It's rather immature and I think undeserved. A lot of teams in this division would want Roberts and we have him!

*Steps off Soapbox*

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
krusty.gif

It's only a bit of gentle teasing. I was willing to turn a blind eye to his somewhat erratic form this season but his dribbling efforts against Tranmere were the final straw. To make matters worse, when Rovers were about to take the penalty, five dwarves in a fire engine invaded the pitch and tried to put out a fire with two custard pies and a bucket filled with confetti.

As a compromise can I call him Krusty instead?
krusty.gif

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
El Pres, did you see what Kuipers did at Lincoln? Handling the ball outside the penalty area (in the D)?
He has done that loads of times too, giving away free kicks in dangerous areas.

They are both good keepers and they both make daft mistakes.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Vote Coco the Clown in the Argus poll.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
BrightonBird said:
I hearby ask all my fellow NSC'ers to stop quoting Coco The Clown when Ben Roberts name is mentioned!

I think Ben has done a great job as he has been playing with a dodgy back and really should not have been out on field. He has made some mistakes this season, as has Kuipers. Let's move on and get behind Roberts (when he gets back) and stop making silly names for him. It's rather immature and I think undeserved. A lot of teams in this division would want Roberts and we have him!

*Steps off Soapbox*

Well said BB. There are some very juvenile people on here who seem to think it's funny taking the p*** out of people. As Yorkie quite rightly says, they seem conveniently to forget the mistakes Kuipers has made.

Rant over!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
How would you like it if people started taking the p*** out of Kuipers' driving ability.

I'd love Roberts to win the Argus poll! Good player he might be, but Knight is a miserable little ***!!!! Not too good at driving either!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was at Lincoln and saw what Kuipers did, I was also at Peterboro when his banana boots handed Posh the first goal when he kicked out straight to them.

I never give players grief on the pitch as it can only demotivate them. Personally I think that Roberts is the better of the two keepers, as he has better distribution and is better on crosses, but it's only an opinion and not something to lose sleep over.

Are we being a bit guilty of taking things a wee bit too seriously here???? Compared to some of the abuse that individual players take this is a mere pin prick, and is done with tongue firmly in cheek

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Originally posted by Fran Hagarty [Not too good at driving either! [/B]

But certsainly good at diving :lolol: :lolol:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
i dont like slaggin off players and i dont really but i cant wait till michel is fit and our no.1 again.

sorry ben. i mean coco. oops i mean ben... :jester:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I agree, I think some are taking it a bit too seriously, Roberts has had a couple of howlers and the clown thing is a bit of a joke. We are hardly calling his mother a whore or planning to burn him at the steak are we.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
It's demeaning and insulting. I don't find it at all amusing. I hope he doesn't read this site.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think threads such as 'f*** off Zesh rehmann' are slightly more insulting than calling Roberts a :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wilko said:
I think threads such as 'f*** off Zesh rehmann' are slightly more insulting than calling Roberts a :jester:

I agree and look what they did to Butters :eek:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wilko said:

I agree, that's bad as well. Rehman has ability - he proved that when he first came and was excellent at R&D but hasn't been the same since.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yorkie said:
I agree and look what they did to Butters :eek:

What they did to him wasn't funny at all. Some people have no regard to other peoples' feelings. I even saw someone wearing a shirt saying "Butters £5.00." Comments regarding Rehman, Roberts and Butters were all out of order as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'm not as thick skinned as some of you!

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
BrightonBird said:

He's only got himself to blame. He dresses like this, what does he expect?

Attachments

• albion2003.jpg
    albion2003.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 274

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
:lolol: :lolol:

Wrong head, you should have put on the middle bloke in black at the front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here