Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coal Tar Soap

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Sorry to spoil it for you but I think you'll find
As European Union directives on cosmetics have banned the use of coal-tar in non-prescription products, the coal tar derivatives have been removed from the formula, replacing them with tea tree oil as main anti-bacterial ingredient. Despite this major variance from the original recipe, the new soap has been made to approximate the look and smell of the original product.

I used to swear by it until the EU f***ed it up. Give D.R.Harries' Almond soap a go.

Great stuff. In the same league as Euthymol toothpaste.

The choice of gentlemen everywhere.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I remember the smell of coal tar soap after match days as you walked up Newtown Road after the footie mmmmm lovely x

Bet they use something a bit more upmarket for this super team of internationals now!!!

Bayliss and Harding, Clarins for men?
That original source stuff is lovely though my favourite is the lemon and lime one

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Linament used to be the muscle warming rub for us footie players of a certain age. Certainly did the trick on frosty match days, helped get things warmed up ready for those crunching sliding tackles on icy pitches or getting smacked by a rock hard frozen old style leather football. Mind you the magic sponge of freezing cold water straight from a bucket at the side of pitch used to take your mind off the bumps and scrapes.

Then it was a good squirt of 'Deep Heat' spray after the game or even a spot of Tiger Balm for those muscular aches.

Having moved on to cycling I discovered it is a sport where there are even more products to stimulate and protect your parts. Although the poncier ones have gone all organic I still prefer a rub with 'Red Hot' prior to a winter ride out. Even though the gel inserts in the shorts do a good job it is still advisable to dab baby creme around the delicates to prevent saddle sores - just dont get the two mixed up, a mistake you won't repeat in a hurry!

All sounds a bit smutty but certainly does the trick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here