Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coal Tar Soap

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
What strange stuff this is. But nothing in this world makes me feel cleaner.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agreed although I haven't used it for years.

My uncle always has it and when I was starting out work I crashed at his place on and off.

It is the human equivalent of sheep dip.

I may go and buy some. I will probably smell like a disinfected toilet but god you are right, I never felt cleaner.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
It also makes your bathroom smell like a hospital.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I use that tea tree and mint stuff. It's as potent as hell. Slather some of that on your bits and you end up squealing like a pig for about half an hour afterwards!!! It feels both VERY hot and VERY cold at the same time. Unusual.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I use that tea tree and mint stuff. It's as potent as hell. Slather some of that on your bits and you end up squealing like a pig for about half an hour afterwards!!! It feels both VERY hot and VERY cold at the same time. Unusual.

Yeah! Give the XXXL stuff that I've just mentioned a try. Bloody hell!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Great stuff. In the same league as Euthymol toothpaste.

And Analsol Hemorroid Cream

Sounds like an idea for a Gentlemans Christmas Hamper, throw in a copy of Razzle.

Why John Lewis don't do them is anyones guess.

I've got a tea tree plant in the garden as it goes but I don't expect it to last the winter.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Original Source XXXL mint is what winners use. Makes your giblets tingle like a good 'un!

Nope sorry. Just a feminised males answer to Coal Tar. Real men scrub themselved down with a byproduct of the coal industry. Not some new age aboriginal nonsense.

Tea tree tingles, but coal tar stings with the reassurance it had previously removed at least one single layer of skin.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Nope sorry. Just a feminised males answer to Coal Tar. Real men scrub themselved down with a byproduct of the coal industry. Not some new age aboriginal nonsense.

Tea tree tingles, but coal tar stings with the reassurance it had previously removed at least one single layer of skin.

'Tis a fair point. :(

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It also makes your bathroom smell like a hospital.

I'm very tired tonight and read your comment as 'It also makes your bottom smell like a hospital' so I wondered what the hell you were doing with it...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
'Tis a fair point. :(

But really Tea Tree is my choice.

Bought a plant out of interest, looks a bit like Rosemary. Run you hands over it and they smell of Tea Tree.

But as it's native to Australia, not looking that happy in South London.

Back to the subject of Coal Tar soap, although you smell like a hospital I find a splash of Brut (or if I can't get it Old Spice) adequately masks it.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth

Sorry to spoil it for you but I think you'll find
As European Union directives on cosmetics have banned the use of coal-tar in non-prescription products, the coal tar derivatives have been removed from the formula, replacing them with tea tree oil as main anti-bacterial ingredient. Despite this major variance from the original recipe, the new soap has been made to approximate the look and smell of the original product.
I liked pears soap until they changed the recipe and it literally disintegrated in your hands after about three uses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used it as a child once, it turned me red raw. I seemed to have a reaction to it. Wierd stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here