Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sometimes you need to forget about business. CMS has always loved this club and the fans, he's worked hard to get fit and I want to see him be successful here. I really hope he stays now.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
No-brainer, keep him.

1.) What a frustrating couple of years for the lad, playing in a formation when he only saw the ball on holidays and birthdays. Then injury.

2.) Fantastic attitude.

3). Shortage of credible, affordable strikers in the market.

4). Shortage of goalscorers in our squad.

5). We're only now getting value from him

6). He looks as happy as a dog with a wet nose just now!

Keep and enjoy the goals!

KT17x

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'm in the keep Craig camp, give him a run of games and the goals will flow. Top bloke too.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some very interesting points on this thread.

On the plus side, CMS was a prolific scorer for Peterborough. He was great for us in the first season (imho). He never stops trying.

On the negative side. He hasn't been great since, but our team has never played to his strengths. He has had a major injury. He wasn't great for Posh in the Championship.

It has been mentioned that GP never wanted him. That may be true (most of won't know) but I thought it was Poyet who persuaded him to come to us, over "Bigger" teams. (Maybe he was just trying to persuade CMS because his boss asked him?) Either way, Poyet certainly didn't build the team around our record signing.

This is a difficult one. The points about his transfer value are valid. He is also on good wages. I think most of us would like him to hit form this season, not only because the Albion would benefit but he comes over as a nice guy who gives a 110% to the team.

As I mentioned earlier, tomorrow will tell. If he starts or comes on and plays well, I think he will stay. If he plays no part, I'm guessing it's adios Craig.

Just my opinion but tomorrow's team sheet could be far more interesting normal. (Or it could all be bollox).

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He will start today and be a massive asset this season.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I actually think he will leave. Don't know why but I think we could have a replacement ready to sign should CMS leave by Monday.

Hope he stays but if he does leave, it is only because we have a replacement ready to join on Monday. If this is planned what are the odds he will have an unspecified niggle today and not play?

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
My concern is that he wont be offered the same type of contract he's on now. So if we want to get any kind of decent return on what was paid for him now is the time to do it. It's all really guess work tho: nobody knows what CMS or the boards thoughts are on the matter. FWIW if he stays I reckon he'll be our first choice CF this year.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Gus - Sept 2011...
“Craig will be a key player for us. he is quicker than he looks and he can score with his right foot, left foot and his head.
“unbelievable. I am very, very happy.”

Wonder if Gus would include 'left foot & his head' now ? How many of those for us? Offload

BigGaz318

Jul 9, 2012
I was at the Bolton game last week and i know Craig has been out for some time and i am sure he was relieved to score a league goal again but i did think it curious about how he was the last to leave the pitch after clapping to all sections of the ground. It was for one of two reasons i believe.

1. He was thanking us for all the support and he is glad to be back among the goals, in which case we hope to enjoy the fruits of his labour this season.

2 Or he was saying thanks and goodbye as he prepares to move on to pastures new.

I hope it was the first as i love the amount of work he puts in, and i still believe he can be a huge asset to us. One thing is for sure i bet Chris O'Grady wishes he had stayed where he was as i cannot see him getting any game time for the foreseeable future.

p.s. I do hope they can get rid of Kemy Agustein by Monday, the guy is useless.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I was at the Bolton game last week and i know Craig has been out for some time and i am sure he was relieved to score a league goal again but i did think it curious about how he was the last to leave the pitch after clapping to all sections of the ground. It was for one of two reasons i believe.

1. He was thanking us for all the support and he is glad to be back among the goals, in which case we hope to enjoy the fruits of his labour this season.

2 Or he was saying thanks and goodbye as he prepares to move on to pastures new.

I hope it was the first as i love the amount of work he puts in, and i still believe he can be a huge asset to us. One thing is for sure i bet Chris O'Grady wishes he had stayed where he was as i cannot see him getting any game time for the foreseeable future.

p.s. I do hope they can get rid of Kemy Agustein by Monday, the guy is useless.

He's often the last player to leave the pitch and he always applauds every section of the ground!!

BigGaz318

Jul 9, 2012
Well that's good then have not been able to see him play till the Bolton game so i assume he is staying then!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poyet never rated CMS. Bloom signed him. I like him personally though.

If that is true then letting Murray go was an even bigger cock up than I thought it was.

Let me get this straight, we signed a played for around 3 million and made minimal effort to keep a better striker. We then didn't bother getting in another decent striker for nearly two years even though the other striker we bought (Hoskins) was a sick note?

Nah I cannot believe Poyet was that stupid to agree to buy a striker he didn't want or pliable to Bloom's wishes about the main striker in the team. Poyet would definitely have come out at some stage and said he was forced to buy CMS if it had happened.

Back on topic, I hope CMS gets the chance to prove what he is capable of in a team that plays to his strengths. Not sure it would be a good idea to sell him unless he doesn't want to accept that he may be a bench player in games now.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Oh I see! Poyet was ok with him coming. But after Bloom signed him he never really rated him, this is what I have been told anyway.....

sounds like poyet rewriting history and covering his arse to me. Poyet wants him, Bloom buys him, Poyet sees he has made a mistake and decides he never wanted him....etc

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Expect him to start today and who knows might score ( have Charlton got a slow centre back or two?), but if a decent offer comes in would accept it without question.
To lose him on a free would be stupid after the initial investment, however, to offer a new contract to a 30+ middling at best championship striker when the club are hoping for premier league would, in my view, be mad. Throwing good money after bad.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Most we would get for CMS is about £1m, if we were lucky. He he scores 16 goals this season and we get promoted, it would be worth 100 times that amount. I say keep him and let his contract run down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here