Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine he feels he has a point to prove, there are also plenty of Albion fans who feel we never played to his strengths, so I totally get why he would want to stay in the Championship. I personally think his first touch is so bad that it wouldn't matter how he was played at this level. He's also lost some pace, he's gonna end up in League One

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was having a think about possible destinations- ideally it's got to be a lower league club, almost certainly Southern-based, desperate for promotion and who are willing to spend money they don't really have on wages in order to achieve that goal.

Oh, hey!

pu4agavu.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On a more serious note, I can't see why plenty of League One clubs wouldn't be interested. Whether they could offer him wages he'd find acceptable is another matter.

Can't see Posh taking him back again, as their policy tends to be to recruit younger players from lower leagues. Gillingham probably isn't a bad shout- they did quite well after they appointed Edinburgh last season and I see their fans talking about CMS as a realistic shout on Twitter.

The other one I wondered about is Millwall. They didn't have much cash to spend last season, but they'll still be better backed financially than a lot of L1 clubs. They lacked goals as badly as we did last season, and he strikes me as the sort of player who'd appeal to their fans (i.e. plays for the shirt, runs around with a huge amount of enthusiasm). He might even score a few goals for them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He's right though...

He was talking about small clubs who could take him on if they were in the Championship and commented 2 of the usual small championship teams are in the prem - palace being an obvious one. Get it? :lol:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honerst with the amount of money he received in wages he never need work again!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If someone in the Championship gets him, plays him in the correct position as he was at Peterborough the first time round,
and ends up scoring 25 goals next season and thumping in 3 against us at the Amex.

WE played CMS in the correct position for all of his time here. He just never got the easy junior school option of running like a maniac onto a through ball against donkey defenders. He'll never have that option available in what's left of his career anywhere else either, other than maybe the SPL or in NSW or for some North American franchise. Oh well.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If someone in the Championship gets him, plays him in the correct position as he was at Peterborough the first time round,
and ends up scoring 25 goals next season and thumping in 3 against us at the Amex.

Let's look at that first time round for Posh:

20hnjfk.jpg

Are you saying that Posh didn't play him in the correct position during 10/11 because the evidence suggests that League Div 1 was his level.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No one has mentioned Colchester yet , another League 1 club who could revive his flagging career before he retires.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He's right though...

He was talking about small clubs who could take him on if they were in the Championship and commented 2 of the usual small championship teams are in the prem - palace being an obvious one. Get it? :lol:

Yes, hence my highlighting palarse in his quote and using a winking smiley!

I think a whoosh is in order?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, hence my highlighting palarse in his quote and using a winking smiley!

I think a whoosh is in order?

Not at all. A winky smiley to me indicates 'you've just put them in there cos they're our rivals'. Oh well if I was wrong I was wrong. Thought it was this ????????? smiley when I wrote it anyway!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not at all. A winky smiley to me indicates 'you've just put them in there cos they're our rivals'. Oh well if I was wrong I was wrong. Thought it was this ????????? smiley when I wrote it anyway!

If the P word is mentioned on NSC another suitable smiley is :tosser:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Okey dokey, perhaps my choice of smiley could've been better. Is there a "like what you've done there in that sort of a sly way" smiley?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Okey dokey, perhaps my choice of smiley could've been better. Is there a "like what you've done there in that sort of a sly way" smiley?!

Haha dunno mate - sorry didn't read it right to start with :thumbsup:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Gus Poyet brought some great players to this club in his time here, but CMS was one of his few mistakes in terms of recruitment.

Buckley and Bridcutt were not successful at Sunderland though, and probably helped in losing his job their.

So we probably had the last laugh, as those deals were great value to the club.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Gus Poyet brought some great players to this club in his time here, but CMS was one of his few mistakes in terms of recruitment.

Buckley and Bridcutt were not successful at Sunderland though, and probably helped in losing his job their.

So we probably had the last laugh, as those deals were great value to the club.
Buckley was a strange one, utter class every now and then and on form could destroy defenders but only on rare occasions. Bit of a sick note and when he was not on form ( 9 games out of 10) he looked so disinterested. I remember a game at The Valley he was absolute pants and I would have played better. I think most Brighton fans new he was doomed to failure in The Premier League but wished him well. Would you have him back? I wouldn't and I think Poyet took a huge gamble taking him to Sunderland knowing his fitness levels. I think the higher standard of the top league found out Poyet, Bridcutt and Buckley but fair play for them getting there.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Buckley was a strange one, utter class every now and then and on form could destroy defenders but only on rare occasions. Bit of a sick note and when he was not on form ( 9 games out of 10) he looked so disinterested. I remember a game at The Valley he was absolute pants and I would have played better. I think most Brighton fans new he was doomed to failure in The Premier League but wished him well. Would you have him back? I wouldn't and I think Poyet took a huge gamble taking him to Sunderland knowing his fitness levels. I think the higher standard of the top league found out Poyet, Bridcutt and Buckley but fair play for them getting there.
Buckley was very unlucky with his constant hamstring problems. It reminded me of Michael Owen, who had devastating pace when he was young, everyone remembers that goal against Argentina. He also seemed half the player he was at about age 26 through losing a half yard in pace.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I was told Portsmouth were talking to him
Hate to see him go down the road. You know what would happen he would discover his old Peterborough form and score 20+ goals and they would go up as Champions. Seeing CMS celebrate in front of that set of fans would turn my stomach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here