Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS enough is enough.

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
A little while ago it was just a striker we lacked but I now think we are lacking in a few areas. At the start of the season we had so many wide men but Noone left, Vicente is is a no show, LuaLua seems to be out of the reckoning. For me our best 2 defenders are out which as well as El abd & Bridge's defensive work they do get forward well. Bridge's crosses are excellent. I felt back in August we needed another centre back. For me we need a striker , a good crosser of the ball & a centre back.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ok how many guilt edged chances has he missed this season , give me the facts of his chance to goal ratio this season ??

Only Gus can answer that , but it doesn't make CMS a bad player .

It's all relevant if Gus is not playing the right system for CMS then his goal scoring form will naturally drop so he will be overlooked by Scotland , again doesn't make him a bad player .

Strikers are a strange breed but you have to play their strengths there are very few strikers who can do it all , Shearer is the only one who springs to mind

Why do you feel only Gus can answer that? I've been to most games and I reckon I can answer it. I tend to know when we have missed a sitter.

BTW I have nothing against CMS, I just don't rate him.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
You got to love CMS you certainly can't fault he's commitment and effort every game. As said on here a million times he could benifit from a Murray type partner up front with him. He just lacks that killer instinct at the moment and that comes with confidents.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Sorry but I would say there is a world of difference between bringing a ball down with relatively no pressure on you (like most people do in the park and succeed once or twice) and controlling a ball played into you and bringing other people in to play when you are up against a centre back. Unfortunately for the most part CMS is unable to do the second which in turn means that Hammond/Crofts are unable to get forward because the ball is coming back up a lot quicker than it should. CMS is nice bloke works hard and is clearly not a bad footballer but he is unable to the job that we require of him.
If we had a Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt player (don't grow on trees granted) they would not only score goals but bring the midfield in to play alot more which would in turn take the pressure off the main man up top to score all the goals.

Exactly that ! It's Gus fault , he knew the style of player he was buying and hen plays a system that clealy doesn't suit our most expensive player .......

That is not CMS fault

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Exactly that ! It's Gus fault , he knew the style of player he was buying and hen plays a system that clealy doesn't suit our most expensive player .......

That is not CMS fault

It's not the style of our system that makes him fluff chances every week, his finishing is terrible and needs far too many attempts. He clearly isn't a Million pound player but the price we paid for him is not his fault.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The last 24 hours on here have for the first time made me want to sell CMS.

Just so he can play in an effective attacking team, have the chanceS put on a plate for him, a striking/midfield partner to play off, and generally enjoy his football.

As said if that team happens to be Leeds and they gain promotion/play off place ahead of us so be it.

Because of our treatment of him, manager & fans alike, we deserve no better.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Because of our treatment of him, manager & fans alike, we deserve no better.

Are you saying that come the match that the fans don't give CMS 100% support? 'We don't deserve better?' My goodness you are precious about him aren't you? He earns a king's ransom for doing something he loves and is given much greater adulation than most other Albion players. Do you think he sweats one way or the other about a bit of post-match analysis on the internet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you saying that come the match that the fans don't give CMS 100% support? 'We don't deserve better?' My goodness you are precious about him aren't you? He earns a king's ransom for doing something he loves and is given much greater adulation than most other Albion players. Do you think he sweats one way or the other about a bit of post-match analysis on the internet?
Yeah that is a bit OTT, fair enough.

I'm sure it'll be raised by an equally far fetched anti-CMS post, in order to balance out the stupidity of it all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair do's. Your yin to my yang. It's not been the best of weekends.
Think yourself lucky you weren't at the same petrol station, as me, today. :lol:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We didn't need to change it, Gus got rid of a perfectly decent striker because he didn't want to pay a couple of grand more a week. Instead bought in a player, spunked 3m on him and doubled the wage Murray demanded. TB must be cursing every time he sees CMS miscontrol a pass and fluff sitters.

Hoskins was Murray's replacement.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
It's not the style of our system that makes him fluff chances every week, his finishing is terrible and needs far too many attempts. He clearly isn't a Million pound player but the price we paid for him is not his fault.

Put the facts on here then

Tell me what CMS strike rate is ?

How many clear sitters has he missed exactly??

Feb 14, 2010
How many clear sitters has he missed exactly??[/QUOTE]

Well between Barnes and CMS they need 4 to 6 chances to score 1. They are the reverse of clinical finishers. Both run around allot and have other qualities but the pair of them couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. We need a fox in the box / clinical finisher. Imagine what Ward or Zamora or even Murray would achieve with the countless chances created week in week out.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
How many clear sitters has he missed exactly??

Well between Barnes and CMS they need 4 to 6 chances to score 1. They are the reverse of clinical finishers. Both run around allot and have other qualities but the pair of them couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. We need a fox in the box / clinical finisher. Imagine what Ward or Zamora or even Murray would achieve with the countless chances created week in week out.[/QUOTE]

Everyone keeps saying CMS misses too many ! He needs too many chances to score one !

No one has out the facts on here yet !!

How many clear cut chances has CMS

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If anyone on here was watching Nicky Forster play upfront, they'd know what finishing and work effort are about. I'm sorry but Nicky forster was 10 times the player CMS is and worked equally as hard. CMS has been credited too much for work-rate when we pay to see class.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We didn't need to change it, Gus got rid of a perfectly decent striker because he didn't want to pay a couple of grand more a week. Instead bought in a player, spunked 3m on him and doubled the wage Murray demanded. TB must be cursing every time he sees CMS miscontrol a pass and fluff sitters.

Regarding the money side of it, you are very close to the mark.

CMS, Bridge, Bruno, and a host of others earn far more than Murray does at CP. Gus made it a pointless point of principle not to reward Brighton's star player. Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here