Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club are wanting to make two signings by weeks end...

How many new Albion?

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 1 signing and 1 loan

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 2 loans

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • NONE

Votes: 101 75.9%
  • I don't know, all I know is I love you Viper and I want you to serenade me to sleep

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is clearly better to get players in early to allow them time to settle in. And the club should not give out timelines on signings either. I presume Sami has learned his lesson.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wish the club/manager would stop making statements such as "hope to have two players signed by Friday" and then not meet the deadline. Stop giving time frames. You are just pissing people off.

The quote I saw was hoping to sign a keeper and central defender by the end of the week, not Friday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would you like to highlight what in my posts on this thread exactly, you consider "slagging the club off"

Reading through this thread again, pretty much all your posts are digs at the club. Saying that we've always had these problems before and lost two managers and Hyypia will be the same. Do you not regard that as criticising the club? Also, looking back to the start, your comment asking if that is what we did last year is clearly a sarcastic criticism.

As I've asked before, what is wrong with waiting until the new season and seeing what sort of team we've got then (or even the end of August)? For all the moaning about the club, we were fourth and sixth in this division the last two years.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You seem to be spending your summer moaning about someone moaning about the club's transfer activity. I, on the other hand, appear to be moaning about someone moaning about someone moaning about the club's transfer activity.

So whose opinion is more valid?

Fair point. I should probably just ignore it all and see what happens in August.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Reading through this thread again, pretty much all your posts are digs at the club. Saying that we've always had these problems before and lost two managers and Hyypia will be the same. Do you not regard that as criticising the club? Also, looking back to the start, your comment asking if that is what we did last year is clearly a sarcastic criticism.

As I've asked before, what is wrong with waiting until the new season and seeing what sort of team we've got then (or even the end of August)? For all the moaning about the club, we were fourth and sixth in this division the last two years.

So then to quote anything that has happened in the clubs history, or quote a managers statement, in your eyes is having a dig at the club and to ask a view of another posters post, is being sarcastic in your eyes then? OK you carry on.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So then to quote anything that has happened in the clubs history, or quote a managers statement, in your eyes is having a dig at the club and to ask a view of another posters post, is being sarcastic in your eyes then? OK you carry on.

Except it's not quoting is it. The two summers under Poyet we bought lots of players in. Do you really think Poyet wasn't supported in the transfer market?

As for your other comment, it was clearly sarcastic.

Finally, you still haven't answered my question. I don't understand why people can't wait and see what sort of squad we have at the start of the season rather than moaning now (five weeks before it starts).

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Except it's not quoting is it. The two summers under Poyet we bought lots of players in. Do you really think Poyet wasn't supported in the transfer market?

As for your other comment, it was clearly sarcastic.

Finally, you still haven't answered my question. I don't understand why people can't wait and see what sort of squad we have at the start of the season rather than moaning now (five weeks before it starts).

For everybody's sake on this thread and others I think we should agree not to comment on each others posts. It is obvious that we will never agree so lets stop it here.
My God Somerset was right .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't think I've been moaning (I feel like I'm not posting all that much about the club at the moment, tbh), but to a degree I can understand those who do.

Firstly, there are fans who aren't so enamoured with football/the club/spending money on 'luxury' items that they will buy season tickets even when they aren't sure they will enjoy coming to watch us play. They want to see signs that the club are actually looking forward, and signing players to improve the squad is one of those things, unfortunately season tickets aren't on sale at the end of August after the transfer window closes and deals are done, so the sooner transfers are sorted, the sooner people can decide on whether to commit to a season ticket.

Another issue would be with the way anytime we struggled last season, or with Lopez (at least in the first half of the season) and possibly other players, the excuse was trotted out 'we never had a full preseason', 'let's wait until Oscar has a full pre season before we judge him' - and he joined us two days after the players returned for pre-season. When we bring in players on loan or after the season has started they take a while to bed in, and there are often comments of giving the team time to gel, etc. If those are the excuses we hear all season, is it any wonder some fans then take that to heart and take the position that new signings need a proper preseason if we expect to get the best out them and can hit the ground running when the league starts?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think I've been moaning (I feel like I'm not posting all that much about the club at the moment, tbh), but to a degree I can understand those who do.

Firstly, there are fans who aren't so enamoured with football/the club/spending money on 'luxury' items that they will buy season tickets even when they aren't sure they will enjoy coming to watch us play. They want to see signs that the club are actually looking forward, and signing players to improve the squad is one of those things, unfortunately season tickets aren't on sale at the end of August after the transfer window closes and deals are done, so the sooner transfers are sorted, the sooner people can decide on whether to commit to a season ticket.

Another issue would be with the way anytime we struggled last season, or with Lopez (at least in the first half of the season) and possibly other players, the excuse was trotted out 'we never had a full preseason', 'let's wait until Oscar has a full pre season before we judge him' - and he joined us two days after the players returned for pre-season. When we bring in players on loan or after the season has started they take a while to bed in, and there are often comments of giving the team time to gel, etc. If those are the excuses we hear all season, is it any wonder some fans then take that to heart and take the position that new signings need a proper preseason if we expect to get the best out them and can hit the ground running when the league starts?

Well said. Spot on. The club need to get moving on new signings. Those who can't see this are foolish, complacent or both IMHO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firstly, there are fans who aren't so enamoured with football/the club/spending money on 'luxury' items that they will buy season tickets even when they aren't sure they will enjoy coming to watch us play. They want to see signs that the club are actually looking forward, and signing players to improve the squad is one of those things
I can understand we'd all like us to sign all of the players and have the whole squad ready immediately, but that's obviously not an easy thing for the club to achieve. It's also obvious that the club are trying to make the signings asap, but working with limited resources. It is what it is.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well said. Spot on. The club need to get moving on new signings. Those who can't see this are foolish, complacent or both IMHO.

I'm getting bored of this argument so will leave it after this post but I don't think anyone is saying we don't need to get moving on signings or mentioning the closing of the transfer window.

All I have said is that is boring that people spend all their time on here moaning that we haven't signed anyone yet. I am hopeful that we will sign a couple this week and more by the time the season starts. It's just tiresome hearing the same old people moaning every day when we don't sign anyone. I don't think that's foolish or complacent.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm getting bored of this argument so will leave it after this post but I don't think anyone is saying we don't need to get moving on signings or mentioning the closing of the transfer window.

All I have said is that is boring that people spend all their time on here moaning that we haven't signed anyone yet. I am hopeful that we will sign a couple this week and more by the time the season starts. It's just tiresome hearing the same old people moaning every day when we don't sign anyone. I don't think that's foolish or complacent.

Up until this last post, you seemed to fail to realise that it is important to sign players early, rather than at the end of the window. Still, at least your onboard now! ;-)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Up until this last post, you seemed to fail to realise that it is important to sign players early, rather than at the end of the window. Still, at least your onboard now! ;-)

No, reread my posts. I've always said at the start of the season (not the end of the window). Anyway, as I said, I'm bored of this (and it is pretty tedious for others) so I will leave it there.

I'm sure we can all agree it would be great if we signed a number of players this week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here