Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club are wanting to make two signings by weeks end...

How many new Albion?

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 1 signing and 1 loan

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 2 loans

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • NONE

Votes: 101 75.9%
  • I don't know, all I know is I love you Viper and I want you to serenade me to sleep

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So his quote I am quoting about it "being important to get them in this this week" is a miss print?

No, he's talking in an ideal world. If we sign them next week, how much difference do you seriously think it will make.

My issue is the club can't win. What do you want them to do/say? They say nothing, people on here moan constantly about how they're doing nothing. If Hyypia/anyone else at the club says something, you throw it back in their face. Why not wait and see what team we have for the first game of the season rather than spending all your summer moaning about the club?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Don't care when they make the signings, as long as they are decent players

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
No, he's talking in an ideal world. If we sign them next week, how much difference do you seriously think it will make.

My issue is the club can't win. What do you want them to do/say? They say nothing, people on here moan constantly about how they're doing nothing. If Hyypia/anyone else at the club says something, you throw it back in their face. Why not wait and see what team we have for the first game of the season rather than spending all your summer moaning about the club?
My problem is that we have been told constantly by his two predecessors, that we are close to bringing in this player for this position or that position and it never materialises. We have also lost those two managers who have stated that the clubs transfer policy has been an issue. If Hypia has stated that we were going to sign two this week, then he must have been led to believe it to be fact, as did Gus and Oscar before him. They then tell the press we are close to signing someone only to be let down. I just fear Sami is being led down the same garden path.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
My problem is that we have been told constantly by his two predecessors, that we are close to bringing in this player for this position or that position and it never materialises. We have also lost those two managers who have stated that the clubs transfer policy has been an issue. If Hypia has stated that we were going to sign two this week, then he must have been led to believe it to be fact, as did Gus and Oscar before him. They then tell the press we are close to signing someone only to be let down. I just fear Sami is being led down the same garden path.

Or they've just taken a little bit longer than expected and will sign early next week.

I don't get all this harking back to the past. Poyet spent a lot of money and was allowed to sign some big names. He had three big summer transfer windows where he brought in lots of good players and then stormed off when told that couldn't happen forever.

Oscar was different. We didn't have great transfer windows last year but from what has been said, Oscar wasn't very hands on with transfers which makes it harder to attract players. We'll never know how true that was or if he was led down the garden path. What we can be sure of is that Tony Bloom has the club's best interests at heart and he employs both Burke and Barber so defines their roles.

For all we know, we could be set to unveil a few players next week before going to Spain, which would make all this panic pointless. As I say, if we have only 1 or 2 by the start of the season, it might be time to worry but at least give the club time to bring in the right players (not just anybody).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just to confirm, when you say "they", do you mean people who don't moan about the club constantly and slag off everything they do? I thought it best to check.
No, just priicks with their heads in the sand who daren't admit publically anything negative about the club in case they lose their membership of the NSC groovy gang.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
What's the snag then? Why we messing about with Butland?

What's the situation with Maenpaa then?
Anyone know if we're actually going for him?

I think Butland may have been asked about before Sami came in and identified his number one target, whether or not we sign Maenpaa or not still waits to be seen but we have put an offer for him to his club and from the Finnish press, he wants to play here and under Sami.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I think Butland may have been asked about before Sami came in and identified his number one target, whether or not we sign Maenpaa or not still waits to be seen but we have put an offer for him to his club and from the Finnish press, he wants to play here and under Sami.

You saying we got a manger who has some input in to who we sign now???? Yay!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No, just priicks with their heads in the sand who daren't admit publically anything negative about the club in case they lose their membership of the NSC groovy gang.

Brilliant. So because people (including me) are saying that we shouldn't slag the club off before we see who they sign pre season, we are all pricks. Great. With "supporters" like you the club will be fine, I'm sure.

I don't really care what people think of me on NSC. If we've haven't strengthened over the next few weeks, I'll start to get more frustrated. In the meantime, it's still five weeks until the season starts and there's plenty of time to make signings. I'd hardly call that sticking my head in the sand.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I've no idea how good Maenpaa is and in a lot of ways I would prefer us to sign a keeper like Westwood who is experienced in England. However, it will show that Hyypia wants to get involved in transfers and the club are giving him input. We also have to trust Hyypia's judgement and, if he thinks he's good enough for us, I am happy to go with him.

He also seems to be Finland's number one. If he's anywhere near as good as Jaaskelainen, we'd be happy.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I've no idea how good Maenpaa is and in a lot of ways I would prefer us to sign a keeper like Westwood who is experienced in England. However, it will show that Hyypia wants to get involved in transfers and the club are giving him input. We also have to trust Hyypia's judgement and, if he thinks he's good enough for us, I am happy to go with him.

He also seems to be Finland's number one. If he's anywhere near as good as Jaaskelainen, we'd be happy.

Except when he states it is important that players were signed this week? That's a bit of double talk if ever I have heard it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Except when he states it is important that players were signed this week? That's a bit of double talk if ever I have heard it.

Not really. Hyypia obviously wanted to have people signed this week. I'm sure he'd have loved his full squad confirmed by then. But, as I asked you before, if we do sign these two on Monday, how much difference do you think it will make? Do you think Sami would be worried if we get the right player?

To be honest, moaners like you and Somerset are so boring. As I mentioned before, you could just wait until the season starts and see what happens. If we have at least 4 or 5 good signings in by then, do you really think Sami will be bothered that they weren't in this week? Will you honestly be bothered.

I'm not even saying the club will have those players in, just that it seems odd not to give them the chance to do it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Not really. Hyypia obviously wanted to have people signed this week. I'm sure he'd have loved his full squad confirmed by then. But, as I asked you before, if we do sign these two on Monday, how much difference do you think it will make? Do you think Sami would be worried if we get the right player?

To be honest, moaners like you and Somerset are so boring. As I mentioned before, you could just wait until the season starts and see what happens. If we have at least 4 or 5 good signings in by then, do you really think Sami will be bothered that they weren't in this week? Will you honestly be bothered.

I'm not even saying the club will have those players in, just that it seems odd not to give them the chance to do it.

You sir are very accomplished in double talk.
For you information to comment on a managers statement is not moaning in my eyes, but you carry on.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

we do not normally see eye to eye
but we that is you and I were slung out of that club a long time ago

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I wish the club/manager would stop making statements such as "hope to have two players signed by Friday" and then not meet the deadline. Stop giving time frames. You are just pissing people off.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

But I literally cannot think of anything negative about our fantastic football club at the moment. Everything is fantastic and it's in safe hands.

Which means that people whinging is the most negative thing at the moment.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You seem to be spending your summer moaning about someone moaning about the club's transfer activity. I, on the other hand, appear to be moaning about someone moaning about someone moaning about the club's transfer activity.

So whose opinion is more valid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here