Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club are wanting to make two signings by weeks end...

How many new Albion?

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 1 signing and 1 loan

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 2 loans

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • NONE

Votes: 101 75.9%
  • I don't know, all I know is I love you Viper and I want you to serenade me to sleep

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Argus reporting today Buckland loan has hit delay as Stoke no 1 Bergovic subject to transfer rumour.
Therefore no loan agreement until this is resolved.
May force us to look elsewhere.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Argus reporting today Buckland loan has hit delay as Stoke no 1 Bergovic subject to transfer rumour.

Would prefer a permanent signing anyway TBH. And this situation emphasises exactly why.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Signings or not the most crucial signing of all was the manager,given that due to certain financial constraints-FFP and a reluctance quite clearly and rightly so by the club not to break the bank,we are somewhat towards the back of the que when it comes to recruiting players,not withstanding the fact that the world cup is in progress and somewhat these things can drag on anyway.

Just really underlines the sheer importance of replacing Oscar quickly..

The important work is being done,behind the scenes,be like a soldier on the beaches of Dunkirk questioning where the RAF were,if the odd German plane broke through,thing was the RAF were there,way back fighting a hard rear guard action..

Besides Sami also needs some time too,something fortunately for him unlike his predecessor he has.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

should we not have been looking elsewhere anyway
no plan "B"
just how long have we needed replacement C/H L/B G/K what is it 6 weeks and still not a sign of any of them
or maybe what we already have is good enough
its all very well saying we have loads of time, maybe we have but signing them in the last few weeks of the break does not give anyone time to settle in
lets hope Maxi and Chicksen have come on somewhat so we can use them as a fill in or maybe even permanent first teamerers
today will be interesting against Lewes
hope it goes well

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
no plan "B"
just how long have we needed replacement C/H L/B G/K what is it 6 weeks and still not a sign of any of them
or maybe what we already have is good enough
its all very well saying we have loads of time, maybe we have but signing them in the last few weeks of the break does not give anyone time to settle in
lets hope Maxi and Chicksen have come on somewhat so we can use them as a fill in or maybe even permanent first teamerers
today will be interesting against Lewes
hope it goes well

This would be very suicidal thinking IMO

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I really don't get this ide that the club have always failed to deliver. Yes, at Withdean we were generally the last to get players but under Poyet that changed. Bloom backed him with serious money and the last summer transfer window at Withdean and both he had at the Amex were very productive. Last year wasn't great in terms of signings but we still came sixth at the end of the season despite the worst injury record I've known in my 25 years of watching.

I just don't see that much to be so negative about. Complete Badger is completely right, there's so much football stress during the season watching Albion that you would think people would not want to stress too much at the moment and trust the club to have a team ready to play Sheffield Wednesday next month. Instead there's a real anger towards the club, which I don't understand.

They haven't failed to deliver overall, it's the fact that god knows how many times the club has came out with a day or time in which they expect to get X amount of players in by, and they haven't delivered that. Of course it's going to be disappointing. I don't feel any real anger, although I know some on here do and that baffles me too but I can absolutely understand the disappointment. I was sat there Tuesday going "ooohhh that's exciting, Sami expects a center half and a GK by Friday? Who could they be?!". The Answer? Nobody. It's much better to say absolutely nothing at all than to sit there continuously throwing out dates which we have been guilty of doing over the past lord knows how many windows even back to the DK era with nothing to show for it except fans wondering why it didn't happen, leading to topics ending up like this.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Besides Sami also needs some time too,something fortunately for him unlike his predecessor he has.

This was an excuse that Oscar was afforded all too often for my liking, he took over on June 26th, that's only 19 days later than Hyppia's start date. Oscar was in place 7 weeks before the start of the season, before the Spain trip and before the very first friendly.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This would be very suicidal thinking IMO

you will notice I said maybe Sami might have seen something missed by our last manager but if like you they (the management) think it id suicidal then they need to get a move on pretty smartish methinks

having said all this I live in hopes that things are afoot as we speak ..........but won't be holding my breath

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
no plan "B"

Needed? Have I missed something; have we been playing matches during the last 2 months?

I must've been distracted by this World Cup and missed these games. What's Toko like?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'd love someone who is outraged by all this to answer a couple of questions.

1) Why does it MATTER whether we sign players on June 4th, July 4th or August 4th? Surely it's all about getting the right players, and just like in-demand players won't commit to clubs early, good clubs shouldn't be settling for second best this early. If we've barely made a move by August 9th then kick off. It's not like we've got a game and points to play for tomorrow, so why the rush?
2) Can anyone who is seemingly outraged by our lack of activity possibly justify why they are getting worked up about second division football on July 4th, when the World Cup is in full swing and there is a PLETHORA of summer activities/events to be enjoying instead?

Is Sami Hypia's statement not good enough for you then?
He is quoted as saying in this weeks press that he hopes to sign a goalkeeper and a centre half this week "the sooner the better" he said. "The goal keeper and centre back we are a bit thin at the moment. We definitely need strengthening there. They are very important positions for the team, so it will be important to get them in this week"

So although you don't see the urgency about signing players now, our manager thinks he does.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He is quoted as saying in this weeks press that he hopes to sign a goalkeeper and a centre half this week "the sooner the better" he said. "The goal keeper and centre back we are a bit thin at the moment. We definitely need strengthening there. They are very important positions for the team, so it will be important to get them in this week"

So although you don't see the urgency about signing players now, our manager thinks it does.
They will have no answer, but you may get some abuse for pointing it out.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

So although you don't see the urgency about signing players now, our manager thinks he does.

He said they were hopeful of signing them and it would be good to do it this week. From what Bozza was saying yesterday we are hopefully close to signing a couple of players. I very much doubt Sami's reaction is anything like the ridiculous panic on here. The comments on this thread and others on NSC at the moment are ridiculous at the moment as there's still 5 weeks to go until the season starts.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
He said they were hopeful of signing them and it would be good to do it this week. From what Bozza was saying yesterday we are hopefully close to signing a couple of players. I very much doubt Sami's reaction is anything like the ridiculous panic on here. The comments on this thread and others on NSC at the moment are ridiculous at the moment as there's still 5 weeks to go until the season starts.

So his quote I am quoting about it "being important to get them in this this week" is a miss print?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here