Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CLOCKS CHANGE - BACK one hour at 2am TONIGHT - Sunday 28/10/12 morning

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
My dilemma, it's imperative I get up on time tomorrow, and am only relying on my mobile phone as an alarm. So will that go back automatically or should I do it manually before settling down, and then risk it going back two hours! ???

Stay up all night or buy a cockerel

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Thanks, another great idea.....but I had a better one, to set two alarms, one at the right time and one an hour later, so i'm covered if it does & if it doesn't go back automatically!

I'm really grateful to those that would have stayed awake to see I was alright though :bowdown:

genius-meme.png

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
IIRC in my short Sunday league footy career, I managed to do the 'double' regarding the clocks changing and me being unaware...

That is turning up an hour early for a game in October, and turning up an hour late for one in April :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am posting on this ***NON OFFICIAL*** clocks back thread as it appears to have gained more popularity,perhaps mine was a little out on the timing when originally posted,and i am gracious enough on this occasion to concede defeat- Boo hoo :mad: :tantrum:

However i have a clock in the living room that is set 10 minutes fast and is not radio controlled,currently i have a clock showing 10:30

I will keep it that way and give myself an extra hour later in the day-call me crazy? well yes but i still have my extra hour to play with folks :lol:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I am posting on this ***NON OFFICIAL*** clocks back thread as it appears to have gained more popularity,perhaps mine was a little out on the timing when originally posted,and i am gracious enough on this occasion to concede defeat- Boo hoo :mad: :tantrum:

However i have a clock in the living room that is set 10 minutes fast and is not radio controlled,currently i have a clock showing 10:30

I will keep it that way and give myself an extra hour later in the day-call me crazy? well yes but i still have my extra hour to play with folks :lol:

You should save it till later and place a large bet on the footie in the safe knowledge that not only do you have a extra hour but will be quids in too

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You should save it till later and place a large bet on the footie in the safe knowledge that not only do you have a extra hour but will be quids in too

Nice idea,very nice..

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
When the 173,295 jocks still resident in Scotland vote for an independence based on tourism ,golf and whisky,will the rest of us be able to dispense with "spring forward,fallback" ? We really don't need it here in the Peoples' Republic of Somerset.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it not time to scrap this time adjustment. If I am correct it was originally done to gain more daylight hours during the war but that is not a problem now with the lighting available.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It gets light an hour earlier and I am sure that was the reason for it especially as electric light wasnt so good and available much during that time.

:facepalm: every year. we are now on the correct time, GMT. we put the clocks forward for the summer so that we get a longer, more usefull evening.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It will be dark at 1745 tonight or quarter to six

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here