Clement interview coming up on Talksport

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
So that told us nothing we wanted to hear.

Sounds to me like he's heard his offers and isn't interested enough in any of them and will be staying at Madrid.

Let's work on Sherwood then.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
He sounded like he was happy and content where he is for now and who could blame him, he has plenty of time to move on when his ready, so who is the next manager in line for us?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Was never going to say "no I'm off next week" though was he

This.

TS were fishing for an 'exclusive' but Clement wasn't giving them anything! He knows his stock is currently at it's highest and if he seriously wants to be a No.1 surely his best offers will be now or is he content to sit in a comfortable position and be known as a guy not wanting to take the risk?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would have to say, he is out of the picture. He is not going anywhere soon.

Yes agree. But where does that leave us?

I don't really want Hughton, Sherwood or Mackay.......

Just feel we need someone with a bit of nous, perhaps Rosler but we should have got him instead of Oscar.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Just feel we need someone with a bit of nous, perhaps Rosler but we should have got him instead of Oscar.

I do not want them either, I just hope Tony has got an ace up his sleeve. None of the front runners with the bookies are inspiring.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am really surprised that everyone is so excited about him.

He conveys the managers wishes to the players during the game and when substitutes are going on. Plus helps out Zidane in training?

I would much rather have an experienced manager even if from the lower leagues. Someone who knows how to get a team promoted.
Preferably playing attacking football.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He isn't exactly going to want to come across as desperate is he, when he is almost certainly negotiating with a handful of clubs.

Pretty sure he will go somewhere. Probably to the team with the biggest playing budget and ambition.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Exactly. I don't understand what people are expecting him to say? "I am trying to leave Real Madrid to get a manager job and am talking to Tony in an hour" He would look a bit stupid and probably not please his current employers if he mentioned wanting to leave this summer even if he does!

Did not have to say he was leaving. Most people might have said I am taking a short break and looking at my options, He said he was happy where he is and the club have some big games next season. I think for him to leave RM, it would have to be something special, so it's over to Tony and the board if they really want him, they are going to have to sell him the dream.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Rosler would never have come to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports