Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Classical music.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone into Neo-Classical will enjoy this, I certainly did.

The Sound Weavers features Ludovico Einaudi, Hauschka, Joep Beving and Hania Rani. It portrays some of the most successful protagonists of the genre.

Great insight.

https://www.euroarts.com/tv-license/6832-sound-weavers-ludovico-einaudi-hauschka-joep-beving-hania-rani

Thanks for the link.

Where can this documentary be seen? I can't seem to find it on BBC iplayer.

I hope there's plenty of time given to Hauschka and his prepared piano.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Can't wait for this.

A decade on from the release of his mesmerising Recomposed album, trailblazing composer Max Richter returns to the sound world of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. Recorded with violinist Elena Urioste and the musicians of Chineke! Orchestra, The New Four Seasons sees Richter create a new version of his Recomposed score for period instruments – using gut strings and vintage synthesisers to create a “grittier, more punk rock sound”. The new album will be released on 10 June 2022.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As mentioned elsewhere, the perennial favourite, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, gets another airing tomorrow at the hands of Max Richter.

Be interesting how it varies from his 2012 recomposition.

Viv1.jpg Viv2.jpg

Lovely piece of music mind you.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I heard, Anna Clyne - Within Her Arms , on Radio 3 in the car on the way back from a country walk this afternoon.

Very moving and beautiful piece, written after the death of her mother in 2008. I can't find a recording of it on any streaming services. I've a feeling that it's only been performed live and never released as a recording. But there are some YouTube videos of it thankfully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here