Dandyman

In London village.

Dandyman

In London village.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Here we go, could be bad by morning...

No doubt a few of the foil heads will believe that this is a perfectly acceptable request.

"Ukraine's ousted President Yanukovych has asked Russia to use military force in Ukraine - Russia's UN envoy "

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Putin is a war monger & has put his country back 30 years. Politically I fuc**** hate the Ruskies and have similar feelings for China. It won't be long before they throw their bull***t into the hat

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just seen a statement from Obama posted on the BBC news page, he does not have a clue frankly. He looks like a man without an idea or a plan, it does not bode well, Putin is controlling the whole thing and knows he is fireproof.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It will be a very sad night I fear for Ukraine and I am dreading waking up to news of the russians slaughtering Ukrainian soldiers.

Putin is a warmongering psychopath. Sadly Obama seems not to have learnt from history and is appeasing him.

What happens when he 'protects' the Russian minorities in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and even Poland ?

Didn't Churchill say that the next war would be with a fascist pretending to be an anti-fascist ???

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just seen a statement from Obama posted on the BBC news page, he does not have a clue frankly. He looks like a man without an idea or a plan, it does not bode well, Putin is controlling the whole thing and knows he is fireproof.

Putin is a warmongering psychopath. Sadly Obama seems not to have learnt from history and is appeasing him.

I'm no fan of Obama but I'm not sure what he does. Given the bad blood between the Russians and the US I see this as a Europe led effort. Even then, I cant see how this plays out in any satisfactory way, if we try to "threaten" Putin he"ll just call our bluff (as he would to the US), if we impose sanctions he'll cut off the oil and gas. Not sure what else can be done other than to try and talk and compromise. Unfortunately the losers in all of that will be Ukraine

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The one small positive is that Putin is in total control of Russia rather than a group of people being in charge.

This means the US etc will have a detailed psychological profile of him and an idea of what works and what backfires when dealing with him.

What is discussed with Russia behind the scenes is different to what is made public.

Alledgedly he has ordered russian troops on the eastern Ukraine border to pull back to their bases ???

Also Ukrainian civilians have put themselves between the russian guns and the Ukrainian military bases in Crimea ???

Last edited:

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Russian president Putin orders troops to return to their bases.

Orders troops engaged in military exercises to return to their bases.
Out on Reuters quoting news agencies citing Kremlin spokesman.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
that leak shows they are not going seize anything or block any trade... so its nothing to do banks or markets. this is about *Russia* wanting to impose its will on its neighbours. it wants Crimea and wants Ukraine, which it sees as part of its heritage and history to be under its control.

Lets re-type the above another way.

That leak shows they are not going seize anything or block any trade... so the western markets don't want to see any selling off. this is about *The West* wanting to impose its will on its neighbours. it wants Ukraine, which it sees as part of its low cost work force and a place where the IMF can make big loans, to be under its control.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

MADRID (MarketWatch) -- Russian troops sent on surprise military exercises in western and central Russia were on Tuesday ordered to return to their bases,

gold has dropped tho on this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

These are the 150,000 on the eastern border, not the ones in Crimea of course.

Very good news, if true. It suggests Putin isn't going for a land grab of the entire country ( for now ).

US satelites will report the truth on this anyway so it would be a pointless lie from Russia to be honest.

Last edited:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
decent graphic shows how importantthe Ukraine is to Military Bases and the Energy corps. Currently the divide between Nato and Russia.

black-sea.jpg

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Just glad no fighting been going on as we wake this morning , hope it stays that way . It looks to me the West wants to widen it's markets further East , to be honest Ukraine is commercially not in a good state so the amount the EU will have to fund Ukraine will be enormous and we will pay for it . Then there is the possibility of nothing being done against Russia by the EU , firstly , as we have seen the UK is not wanting to damage trade relations with Russia as a lot has been invested , secondly Russian money is big business for London banks (Tories looking after their own again) . Then there is other EU countries , Germany do not want to take any action because 30% of their gas comes from Russia , France do not want to stop trade or an arms embargo because they are building 2 warships for the Russian navy .

So to me the attitude is f--k the Ukraine people we want to consider our own benefits first , it will be an interesting meeting on Thursday between the EU heads of state .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... It looks to me the West wants to widen it's markets further East , to be honest Ukraine is commercially not in a good state so the amount the EU will have to fund Ukraine will be enormous and we will pay for it .

not sure where this idea is coming from. the EU is not very interested in the Ukraine for exactly the reason you give and there's little appetite to be eating off Russia's plate. they aren't ready and if they were, they are behind Turkey in the queue. now Ukrainians, at least western ones, want to join the EU, but its not reciprocated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here