Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Civil Unrest at Everton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How Lampard stays in his job is the biggest mystery
Hard to believe that he did better at Chelsea than GP is managing

Just seen their dickhead fans let off fireworks outside the Saints players hotel the night before the game, how very South American of them :lolol:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Board members told to stay away, now players abused by fans all over social media.

Obviously the three stooges eventually swerved the Goldstone on Police advice, but I can never recall even in the darkest times, Albion players getting abused in this manner, even Ashley Neal, bless his heart, could walk down The Old Shoreham Road unscathed.
I don’t understand what all the fuss is about, the owners have spent shedloads and seemed to waisted shedloads. They are building them a new stadium. the team are struggling and they may even get relegated.

is there something else going on?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don’t understand what all the fuss is about, the owners have spent shedloads and seemed to waisted shedloads. They are building them a new stadium. the team are struggling and they may even get relegated.

is there something else going on?
Nope - exactly that. Just a dollop of entitlement that many of these establish Prem clubs’ fans all seem to expect. And there’s now so many of them there’s always going to be a handful of unhappy entitled scrotes…

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I don't recall ever getting pissed off with players or managers,

just the ****s in the board Room.

maybe they read the s*n in that half of liverpool.
And we had VERY good reason. I don't get this at all. Moshiri is at least investing in the club just doing it really really badly on the player side. The worst case scenario here is they get relegated, it happens, other "big" clubs spend time in the lower leagues. Sheff Wed's, Sunderland, Stoke all spent periods in the Prem in recent times but are having to adjust, what's special about them? The club will still exist. Don't know the bloke but Kenwright always seems like a proper fan. I wonder what Scunthorpe fans must think of these uber entitled retards!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know it's not a popular opinion but I feel sorry for Frank Lampard. I think he is a decent guy and could one day be a great manager. He did okay at Derby, was given a bum hand at Chelsea but actually did well considering. Ironically I think he's have done very well under the current ownership of that club as I am sure Potter will given the time and the massive investment. At Everton he has inherited a serial bunch of failures only used to losing most of the time. Has then had limited funds to invest and has been stuck trying to get something out of the likes of Maupay. If he keeps them up he will have done a great job in my view.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Nope - exactly that. Just a dollop of entitlement that many of these establish Prem clubs’ fans all seem to expect. And there’s now so many of them there’s always going to be a handful of unhappy entitled scrotes…
Blimey, I hope we never get like that. I always believe that with the law of averages that we will, at some point be relegated. Look at Swansea, Bolton, Wigan they all had their days in the sun. This is why it is so important to enjoy what is happening right now.

while TB is in charge we are in safe hands, we know that he would feel same as us because he is one of us. He has more to lose then any of us but there are no guaranties. If do get relegated we will still have our club, our stadium and we go again.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't recall ever getting pissed off with players or managers,

just the ****s in the board Room.

maybe they read the s*n in that half of liverpool.
Even when Jimmy looked bereft of ideas, I couldn’t blame him.

As others have said, their supporters need a massive does of ‘wake up’ medicine.

I can’t believe there aren’t more intelligent Everton supporters who can’t somehow organise a proper response. I think their board have wasted money, but this is a sure fire way to hasten relegation.

Get a grip toffees.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If you're under 25 you can't remember Everton being successful and competing with the top clubs. I can only think these fans get their sense of entitlement from listening to tales of great Everton moments from their parents and grandparents.

A bit of passion isn't a bad thing but some of what we've seen this season and last (including Vieira getting jostled when they stayed up) is way over the top. A spell in the Championship is probably what a lot of their fans deserve.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A lot of them don’t understand the position they are in. Many have only just realised their players just aren’t that good and they are just living off their history. I like all the Merseyside teams but my goodness, when we came out of Goodison the other week we overheard one of their fans saying to his mate that it all went wrong when Richarlison wasn’t replaced by someone like Pogba !!!! Ridiculous anyway in terms of like for like replacement. Also a good illustration of the lack of understanding that they will lose their best players to better football clubs and will not replace them with bigger names. There are sensible Everton fans. If you read the Grand Old Team match day thread from our game you will see posters pointing out that if they had signed any of our players there would have been uproar amongst their support as it wouldn’t have been good enough. It’s true. They think they are Real Madrid.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know it's not a popular opinion but I feel sorry for Frank Lampard. I think he is a decent guy and could one day be a great manager. He did okay at Derby, was given a bum hand at Chelsea but actually did well considering. Ironically I think he's have done very well under the current ownership of that club as I am sure Potter will given the time and the massive investment. At Everton he has inherited a serial bunch of failures only used to losing most of the time. Has then had limited funds to invest and has been stuck trying to get something out of the likes of Maupay. If he keeps them up he will have done a great job in my view.
The Board gave Rafa just £1.7m for Demarai Gray.

Whilst Lampard’s been allowed to bring in players. Yet his results have been worse.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A lot of them don’t understand the position they are in. Many have only just realised their players just aren’t that good and they are just living off their history. I like all the Merseyside teams but my goodness, when we came out of Goodison the other week we overheard one of their fans saying to his mate that it all went wrong when Richarlison wasn’t replaced by someone like Pogba !!!! Ridiculous anyway in terms of like for like replacement. Also a good illustration of the lack of understanding that they will lose their best players to better football clubs and will not replace them with bigger names. There are sensible Everton fans. If you read the Grand Old Team match day thread from our game you will see posters pointing out that if they had signed any of our players there would have been uproar amongst their support as it wouldn’t have been good enough. It’s true. They think they are Real Madrid.
‘Better football clubs’ - a very interesting phrase. I’d put us right up the top of that list out of the 92. For comparison, I’d probably put us 25th-30th currently in terms of ‘biggest football clubs’. And for comparison we’re a far, far ‘better football club than Everton at the moment, despite them arguably being a bigger club than us.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Surely Everton fans should be looking forward to relegation, as I'm sure Netflix would be interested in a series detailing how they come straight back up, with lots of interviews from fans during their season outside the PL.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Still support us if we go down. I would still be looking for our results and wondering how we were getting on each Saturday so I may as well keep watching.
If we were liquidated and there was nothing left I would use it as an excuse to have a good think and choose carefully. I know now that I won't be choosing a club in the bottom tier because "that's what real fans do" f*** that!
I'd look for a club that will give me memories, entertainment and something to shout about. A club that realises it's there to play and win games.
Probably Man City if I'm honest because to me the Man City that exists now is a new club, ten years old. It won't be the same and I might find it doesn't work but I think I'd give it a try.
I can't just forget football.

'Kinell

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
‘Better football clubs’ - a very interesting phrase. I’d put us right up the top of that list out of the 92. For comparison, I’d probably put us 25th-30th currently in terms of ‘biggest football clubs’. And for comparison we’re a far, far ‘better football club than Everton at the moment, despite them arguably being a bigger club than us.
I don't think there's anything "arguably" about it!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think there's anything "arguably" about it!
Yes - wrong word there. They are a bigger club. I always find ‘bigger’ as a bit weird to measure though as different people use different metrics for it.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, we are a better football club but we wouldn’t be paying big money for any decent players they might have. I meant the likes of Spurs with Richarlison as they can offer European football. I too try to avoid the ‘big club’ nonsense. It’s pretty meaningless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here