Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In fairness, our forums are not unlike this at times.

Still, fun to see.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Brighton fans were a disgrace, they’ve waited all that time to watch a game so they can boo city all game and watch their shit side kick **** out of our players.....

This is one of my favourites. :lolol:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Yeah nothing to do with the last game of the season, or playing in front of a decent sized crowd for the first time in over a year, it's definitely because this was our cup final. We must be quite good actually as apparently beating Leeds was our cup final too.

That makes us double European champions, great cup final :)

el punal

To be fair I’ve found the Man City fans I’ve met pretty decent. It’s the keyboard kocks that aren’t. Having said that they praised Albion fans two years ago when we applauded their chefs, tea ladies and programme sellers for winning the title and beating us 4-1.

Now the boot’s on the other foot. It’s easy for them to be magnanimous in victory but really they need to be gracious in defeat as well. Ho-hum.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
May I recommend the match report in the Manchester Evening News. As good an example of one eyed reporting as you will ever see. I know we have freedom of the press, but they are abusing the privilege.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The guy who wrote the report in the MEN wasn't much better. Next to no acknowledgement about the Brighton performance, the result was ALL down to errors by the ref(s). I'm not sure if that's par for the course with him, or if it's just a one off because City should be beating #TeamsLikeBrighton :shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's weird. In the 'Old Days' City fans were all decent sorts. Even when we played them you could have a drink with them. They were level-headed, fair and humourous. What happened? Ok, the money has played a part and has given them a sense of entitlement, but I also blame social media. Too many conspiracy theorists.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
The guy who wrote the report in the MEN wasn't much better. Next to no acknowledgement about the Brighton performance, the result was ALL down to errors by the ref(s). I'm not sure if that's par for the course with him, or if it's just a one off because City should be beating #TeamsLikeBrighton :shrug:

Just read it so biased

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I met a few in a hotel after the FA Cup semi final, without exception they were arrogant and entitled

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's weird. In the 'Old Days' City fans were all decent sorts. Even when we played them you could have a drink with them. They were level-headed, fair and humourous. What happened? Ok, the money has played a part and has given them a sense of entitlement, but I also blame social media. Too many conspiracy theorists.

Cant really judge a fan base by social media and forums . Most are full of bell ends .

In real life the city fans I’ve met when we’ve played them have been decent . Maybe a case or just good winners but I’d take the forums and Twitter with a pinch of salt rather than write off their whole fan base

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Cant really judge a fan base by social media and forums . Most are full of bell ends .

In real life the city fans I’ve met when we’ve played them have been decent . Maybe a case or just good winners but I’d take the forums and Twitter with a pinch of salt rather than write off their whole fan base

Exactly- I have a lot of friends who are city fans and they still remember the tough times they’ve had. Naturally they are enjoying the good times but they are usually very supportive of us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here