[Albion] City fans reaction

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
May I recommend the match report in the Manchester Evening News. As good an example of one eyed reporting as you will ever see. I know we have freedom of the press, but they are abusing the privilege.

Astonishing really that someone could write that garbage and think of themselves as a journalist. I can’t remember Vinicombe/Naylor/Owen ever having gone to town on the officials like that, nor should they. An element of detachment is vital. Refereeing errors, real or perceived, are for players and managers to get over-excited about, not reporters. No wonder the fans think there is an agenda against the club if even the local reporters are that one-eyed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wonder how many of those commenting were around pre the money coming in?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They aren't very good losers are they ? Lol.

#TeamsLikeBrighton

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
My favourite:

"8000 home fans and no away gives home team a huge advantage. No way brighton win that in an empty stadium."

Nope. 8011 against 10.

Plus the bent referee. 8012 against 10.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
[tweet]1394912345147822082[/tweet]

.....Proud that a team of 10 players of average value £38m each and on-pitch team value £380m only lost to a team of 11 players average value £7.72m and on pitch value £85m by a single goal.

Imagine that you are a City fan (no, sorry, not remotely possible) how proud I would be. Nope.

As a Brighton fan, I am far more proud. And not pathetic.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just because you’re losing
Just because you’re losing

Quite honestly a pathetic and embarrassing reaction.......

Edit - naturally my gloating isn’t 😉

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The replies on the BBC pages are telling. Some a bit bitter, but just because they lost - bitter, but not in a bad way; just partisan. Some are OK - but they've got one priceless little oik called Paul who answers every post with a bitter and twisted mis-spelt rant about bent referees and Brighton thuggery; He's an embarrassment to his fellow Manc supporters tbh. I must congratulate him though - I didn't believe it was possible to waste cyber space, but he managed to convince me it was possible - he does it!
Funny thing is, he knows the difference between 'should of' and 'should have' - must be a little oik with a good education wasted then .............

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
May I recommend the match report in the Manchester Evening News. As good an example of one eyed reporting as you will ever see. I know we have freedom of the press, but they are abusing the privilege.

Love this from Manchester Evening News

Foden: Received very close treatment from Brighton but always found space and a pass. Kept the shape well after the red card and showed how far his tactical game has come on this season. A superb solo goal should have taken the pressure off City and earned applause from the home crowd. 8

What’s wrong with our ungrateful supporters, don’t they know their place. Of course the Man City reaction to our first goal and win showed us how it should be done.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Who gives a fvck what some idiot fan thinks. The interview with Pep said it all, when it was suggested we got a massive break with the Red he said words to the effect of 'Brighton are a bloody good side and even with 11 we would have had a hard time of it'. The best bit of this is he is correct.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nearly all the comments on this thread on their forum are completely laughable - the officials were corrupt and we are dirty cheating b*stards who hacked their players down at every opportunity. No mention anywhere of the pen we shoulda got for a clear handball, of course. You'd think they'd be more chilled out - they've just won the league and it was a meaningless match.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/brighton-a-post-match-thread.350774/

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If I were a ref facing constant accusations of match fixing, I'd be on the phone to Sue, Grabbit and Runne the next day. It looks like a prima facie case of defamation to me, should be able to pick up a few bob for the retirement fund (particularly when people are helpful enough to leave their real names)

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Compare with Liverpool fans, i saw so many comments along the lines of "first of all, congratulations to Brighton, thoroughly deserved their win" before ripping in to their own team for what they percieved to be a performance that wasn't good enough.

Even Man United have more class than this lot, never thought i would say that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Love this from Manchester Evening News

Foden: Received very close treatment from Brighton but always found space and a pass. Kept the shape well after the red card and showed how far his tactical game has come on this season. A superb solo goal should have taken the pressure off City and earned applause from the home crowd. 8

What’s wrong with our ungrateful supporters, don’t they know their place. Of course the Man City reaction to our first goal and win showed us how it should be done.

Apart from when Foden escaped for his goal I thought Ben White handled him pretty well to be honest, and I’m fairly confident that Ben would have put a table in had Webster not come steaming across.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
All a bit laughable. I would have thought any coach would tell their players to want it more when playing a side distracted by a future cup final. That said, were hardly over physical. Lallana genuine tried (and succeeded) to win the ball. The only challenge that was clumsy was from Ali J. I haven’t seen a replay but it looked to me to be clumsy rather than dangerous, a classic strikers challenge.

Ironic that it was Ali J. We’re the City fans bemoaning match fixing when Ali was headbutted by Kyle Walker in the FA cup semi final? Just goes to show that it’s all swings and roundabouts.

The whining just goes to show how out of touch and privileged a once genuinely great fan base has become.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The social media City fans are just embarrassing themselves. The sheer arrogance is just unbelievable, a dead rubber? Not for us it wasn't, with a few million quid at stake every point and place is to be fought for as far as we are concerned. Football isn't just about them and their just for CL glory. If it was that important don't play your starting players, idiots!

Despite the fact that they are bank rolled by a state of dubious repute, I like City. I think they play superb football and at their best are the most watchable team on the planet. I admire Pep, because whilst he has had the cash he has made his players better with his coaching and has always been complimentary about us. However this pitiful bout of bad loserdom has really soured them for me.

City better watch that thin-skin of theirs they are exposing a fragility that I am sure Thomas Tuchel will exploit to the maximum on the 29th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports