Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas present thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A late entry here with Anki Overdrive.

It might just beat my son's BB-8 which is currently rolling all around the house.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
View attachment 70964got this littlle retro gem from my girlfriend , been after one for ages , well chuffed with it, will be wearing it on the 29th with my Lois jeans and kickers !
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]
image.jpeg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It might just beat my son's BB-8 which is currently rolling all around the house.

I just had to google that. Literally no idea.

It's a modern day Scalextric, yes?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I got- amongst other marvellous things- a telescope, which I am DEAD excited about. Once the skies bloody well clear up anyway.

My Dad got a rather nice watercolour print of the Amex commissioned from a local arty sort, which is lovely, and also these slate coasters with classic Albion programmes on. No idea where the buyer got them from (pretty sure it's not the club) but I think they're great. I want some.

View attachment 70965

I get a set of these last Christmas, different prints but the same materials etc, I think they came from a market somewhere? Mine have the Cup Final Ticket and various programmes as prints, quality.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I had to Google "Anki Overdrive" - the photo looks like it's a Scalextric, but the words talk about "battlefield" and there's an app to control it?? What is it?!!

Oh - I got Red Dwarf box set; Peaky Blinders (wassat?) box set, a new roasting tin (yay!) and various small bits. Getting gf's presents on Tues...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just had to google that. Literally no idea.

It's a modern day Scalextric, yes?

I had to Google "Anki Overdrive" - the photo looks like it's a Scalextric, but the words talk about "battlefield" and there's an app to control it?? What is it?!!

Yep - modern Scalextric. The cars are, essentially, small computers. They know where they are on the track and where other cars are. They aren't on a 'rail' as such but still won't fall off.

You control them with a phone or tablet and there are in-app ways of fighting the other cars.

Here's where the first version was unveiled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3Zk4kPdJ8

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How come Andrew and Rohan rather than Bruno and Dale?
(This refers to the OP, by the way - which was the only post Tapatalk showed me until I'd posted!)

Jan 26, 2012
How come Andrew and Rohan rather than Bruno and Dale?
(This refers to the OP, by the way - which was the only post Tapatalk showed me until I'd posted!)

My son's not a massive BHAFC fan (he's a Gooner, I know shocking isn't it? I've tried to make him see sense, but he's not having it :down:). I think it was simply because Crofts and Ince were easier to create, likeness wise!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You've only got a week......

He he...the last one took 8 months and it was double the scale of this little beauty...so lots of fiddly bits to be done. Rigging is really fun and you need the patience of a saint. I haven't yet thrown one against the wall, although I did give up with a airfix red arrows gnat which was so badly made and warped, it was untrue.

image.jpeg. This is the one that took me 8 months.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Dronetastic

Not the model I was expecting but still surprisingly easy to assemble

DSCF7709.jpg

and to fly

_85418319_85418318.jpg

Hellfire missiles not included :down:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The most important pressie I got was my DAB radio, I can now listen to Radio Sussex and not be banned from the internet version.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Oh, I forgot these little beauties, to go alongside my Ice Blue limited edition Hamburg's, I am feeling about 19 again these days!

Attachments

• IMG_20151226_111829.jpg
    IMG_20151226_111829.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 337

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think Stoke 2 Man Utd 0 is a pretty good present this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here