Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas & Delivery Companies

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
This Monday at work we sent out 300+ orders on Monday and have probably hovered around 60-80 orders every other day this week.

Next week DPD have capped us at 160 collections on Monday, 74 on Tuesday and 6 for Wednesday. On top of that the amount of customer complaints we’ve had has gone through the roof. We’ve also had 2/3 days where they’ve just called us and told us we won’t have a collection that day.

The Royal Mail strikes, the Christmas rush & now the weather are all factors but they don’t help themselves either sometimes.
Crikey, it's like looking in a mirror this response!

Our collections are 61, 97 & 51 for Mon, Tue and Wed. If they make the call early morning saying we can't collect today, then you can plan accordingly. But we've had it when they've made said decision with an hour to go before collection time.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We seem to have been pretty lucky again this year, judging from the boxes my missus is having delivered daily. Our Evri courier is really good as well tbf - not been any trouble at all getting parcels, and get notification emails in plenty of time.
Just waiting for one more delivery, and then I think Im done.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
And another thing is, you do everything you can to get orders out on time, and there's always some arseholes that give you bad reputation because their orders don't arrive on time.
Ah well, that's life I guess.

Yep.

It’s remarkable how easily people will start treating you like shit when they’re behind a keyboard and have the slightest inconvenience.

The worst I’ve had lately is a bloke who was quite furious at me that he’d have to drive to collect his parcel, because his delivery time was 9am-10am and when he got out of bed at 9:30 he’d missed his delivery.

This is my first proper role where I’ve had to deal with stuff like this and my god it’s been an eye opener.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Crikey, it's like looking in a mirror this response!

Our collections are 61, 97 & 51 for Mon, Tue and Wed. If they make the call early morning saying we can't collect today, then you can plan accordingly. But we've had it when they've made said decision with an hour to go before collection time.

I think the latest we’ve had an email is just after 3pm, which is roughly our normal collection time. Unfortunately our MD had gone home and it was our first cancelled collection so none of us saw it or realised what was was happening and one poor sap waited around after work for a bit to see if they’d turn up.

I’ll be popping in for a couple of hours tomorrow to pack a load of order ready for an extra Sunday collection. Sadly I’ll still have to deal with customers moaning when their item is a day late next week. :rolleyes:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Currently waiting in for a parcel that was due to be delivered between 12:30 and 1:30 via Direct Parcel Disappearance. Trying to speak to a human has resulted in 40 minutes of dreadful music and a regular reminder to download the DPD app today, so I can upload a picture of my house. :trossard:

I can see my house from here, it’s the f***ing parcel that’s missing.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have sent out a couple of parcels today via Evri. Get maybe 1 in a 1000 lost but have to right them off as making contact is impossible.
But met two drivers today from Evri and they both had vans stuffed full of deliveries and collections. Having been a multi drop driver in the 90's I couldn't do what they have to do now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not heard of Evri, reckon from the absent tales of shit delivery from Yodel they are a rebrand?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I ordered everything in November. Not normally the most organised, but past experience of lying online retailers (“delivery within 3 to 5 days” :wanker:‘ers), taught us to buy early.

Everything arrived in good time, bar one item which has been a complete no-show.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Evri :angry: F****** useless in my area.
Ordered something recently, message received from Evri that it’s on its way to the local depot or whatever, various other messages about letting me know that it’s going to be delivered (no tracking details for time or date though) then they send a message about an hour before delivery saying when it’s going to be delivered……..do this earlier you f******* idiots so I can maybe stay in.
Message then received saying it’s been delivered with a photo of a parcel in a letterbox…..not my letterbox though :facepalm::wrong: I had to walk around my road looking at various letterboxes looking at the photo on my phone to see where it had gone. The driver had pushed it through the letterbox of an empty house…..FFS

This was the last straw with this shower of shite company, various other issues in the past but they don’t seem bothered if anyone complains.
Christ I thought I'd had a bad day..

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We have a lot of stuff incoming using various couriers, we weee told last week that none of our suppliers are able to guarantee next day deliveries until new year at the earliest

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How's everyone doing getting their deliveries?

Understand the issues for postal deliveries but everything I've ordered (excluding Amazon), even paying extra for next day etc, has been delayed. The only one who has constant success is Amazon who have delivered everything on time. Evri and DHL are useless.
I ordered a plant pot from Oliver Bonas to be delivered to my sister.

I must have got about six emails from Evri detailing when they were expecting it, that they had it, that they were going to deliver it, that they were delivering it today and that they had •successfully• delivered it.

Note to Evri: when delivering a delicate item, it is is NOT successfully delivered if it arrived completely f***ing smashed to bits.

You useless bunch of twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here