Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We had the chance to sign Chris Wood half a dozen times in recent seasons. Most fans who saw the (then) young kiddie knew damn well he knew where the goal was. Club, as always, appeared to know better :rolleyes:

Disagree, I certainly didn't rate him, an exceptional side in League 1 made him look good; too slow and couldn't get off the ground.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
CH knows what Chris Wood strengths are. He won't sign him because he knows that he will only score goals if handed to him on a plate. The only club he was really sucessful at was a loan spell at Millwall and that was because the played with 2 fairly decent wingers at that point in time.

Every other club he has been at, he has not really been all that prolific

8 in 29 at League One level.

He's only just turned 23. His record after he left us (as an 18 yr old!) at Championship level is 106 apps 36 goals. He's adapted to different teams and different formations and scored goals. That is record any of our strikers would love to have. Did I mention he's only just turned 23!?

Dec 29, 2011
The club know what they're doing. It's not like Sam Vokes or Chris Wood were ever going to score as many Championships goals as Hoskins, Colunga, Baldock, O'Grady....

That's not down to strikers, it's down to how our team plays. If Vokes came to us and Colunga went to Burnley, Colunga would have scored more goals. O'grady scored 15 goals for Barnsley in the season they were relegated, then came here and got 1 league goal. That says it all really. Our team doesn't score goals, and hasn't been able to score with ease since our last Withdean season.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
He's only just turned 23. His record after he left us (as an 18 yr old!) at Championship level is 106 apps 36 goals. He's adapted to different teams and different formations and scored goals. That is record any of our strikers would love to have. Did I mention he's only just turned 23!?

No, he was rubbish as he missed a few when he was 19, where as Barnes and Murray scored for fun.

However Barnes was rubbish as he missed a few.

Murray is rubbish as he went to Palace.

COG is the way forward as he tries and CMS was OK as he is a busy idiot.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is EXACTLY the person to get the BEST of out BALLSACK. If thats what we want then sign him up

Nb I dont rate Ballsack but he scored loads at Brixxle because guess what he played UP FRONT WITH A BIG MAN next to him. Like CMS at Boro (when CMS was any good)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
People also thought Sam Vokes was shit.

Burnley would disagree.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'll tell you where CMS was at 23 - scoring 11 goals in 39 apps for Dagenham in the Conference!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did I mention he's only just turned 23!?

Early days tho eh? Still another half dozen chances to turn him down before he gets people-smuggled into the hallowed echelons of the Premier League with the likes of Brentford or Barnsley or Blyth Spartans while we sit here moaning about how we comply with FFP, have a gleaming four star hotel that is highly recommended on tripadvisor, and yet STILL failed to make the League One play-offs.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's not down to strikers, it's down to how our team plays. If Vokes came to us and Colunga went to Burnley, Colunga would have scored more goals. O'grady scored 15 goals for Barnsley in the season they were relegated, then came here and got 1 league goal. That says it all really. Our team doesn't score goals, and hasn't been able to score with ease since our last Withdean season.

I don't believe that. Colunga has never scored goals prolifically and has been out on loan more times than a Hertz Ford Fiesta. CMS and Baldock never proven at Championship level for anyone. Ulloa scored goals, Barnes scored goals when he went up top. We've just had a habit of signing rubbish strikers (Ulloa aside who scored every other game). Had we kept Murray, Wood, Vokes, Barnes: we'd still have players who could score goals in this team!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We had the chance to sign Chris Wood half a dozen times in recent seasons. Most fans who saw the (then) young kiddie knew damn well he knew where the goal was. Club, as always, appeared to know better :rolleyes:
Why don't you get a job at the club? You're clearly better than what we have and you could turn things round for us. And you'll be a hero!

Why not come back and contribute further when you're not a complete MESS of contradictions? :lol:
He hasn't contradicted himself. He said that lots of people said CW wasn't good enough. He rated CW, but was in the minority.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Why does this bloke's name continually come up (along with all the others)? He's not the answer. I'd be very underwhelmed if he ended up back here. Personally do not rate him at all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People also thought Sam Vokes was shit.

Burnley would disagree.
I liked Vokes when he was here. He always put in a real shift considering he was a short term loanee. As for Chris Wood, no thanks. He did well at Millwall when he went through a major purple patch, but I'm not convinced he'd do well here.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
8 in 29 at League One level.

When he was EIGHTEEN years old.

9 in 23 for Birmingham in the Championship the following season (so there's another example of where he did well aside from Millwall).

He scored loads at Leicester as well at the start of his spell before he moved down the pecking order due to their numerous strikers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When he was EIGHTEEN years old.

9 in 23 for Birmingham in the Championship the following season (so there's another example of where he did well aside from Millwall).

He scored loads at Leicester as well at the start of his spell before he moved down the pecking order due to their numerous strikers.

Quite. Was always worth a punt. Probably still is, compared to our current crop of dross.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Rather have Cambiaso for a year as our influential midfielder we need a leader type playmaker in midfield to create and would not be averse to an experienced pro leading the younger ones

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rather have Cambiaso for a year as our influential midfielder we need a leader type playmaker in midfield to create and would not be averse to an experienced pro leading the younger ones
We had that with Andrews and he was slated on here, not Cambiaso but definitely experienced and knew his way around the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here