Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris to Forest

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Someone's getting promoted.

Welcome to the Premier League 21/22 Nottingham Forest.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It will be boring but effective.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It will be boring but effective.

As were the 2 seasons in the championship recently.
Actually, they were one of the must exciting seasons that I can remember being a Brighton fan, sometimes not that gung ho but tense and enthralling and generally really pleased with the results.

Last edited:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Paul Trollope and Rosenior could well be his staff - great news for Bong lost his man for a goal in first game and subbed off to never play again

They have an overly large squad which needs reducing - be very interesting to follow from afar

Plus were due to be building new main stand starting this summer

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We'd better join up with Naarwitch fans to make sure they know how defensive his football is then!

Nah, let's join up with the Newcastle and Birmingham fans who actually respected him. :smile:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just had a read at it. One of the posts said " Can he play left back "

I thought to myself - Must be Nottingham's "Ben's Grandad "

I thought exactly the same. :lolol:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Great to see him back in football. Never ever forget what he did for this club...especially the attacking mentality in the Championship.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Hope Forest are ready for his touchline antics. Good luck Chris.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Going to have to bottle it up initially - can't be letting loose those eyebrows on the good people of Nottingham, cause I don't think they are ready

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I always said that man could start a riot in an empty stadium and if he carries on with his outrageous touchline behavior we get to test that theory.

Great to see his return to the dugout. In an ideal world crowds would be allowed back by the time we draw Forest at home in the cup so he gets the appreciation and farewell from the fans he never got on his departure.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
In an odd sort of way I shall miss JRG! Out of courtesy, shouldn't we warn all Forest forums to be on the lookout?

What makes you think I am going anywhere?

As for CH - this appointment had been on the cards for the past couple of weeks. It was clear that Forest had lost their way after the lockdown. The big mistake from their perspective was not making sure they got Hughton last season. Forest have a lot of potential, have a decent squad and hopefully an owner who has learned that chopping and changing managers is a bad idea.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Great. I have always liked Forest, so this is a good match for me as I still feel we treated him a bit badly at the end (although I fully agree it was time to move on, I think we could have done it a little more classily). Forest & Liverpool big European Wednesday Nights on the radio in the late 70s whilst playing ping-pong and subbuteo will always be one of my enduring childhood memories.

Good luck to him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They have an overly large squad which needs reducing - be very interesting to follow from afar.

They also have an overly old squad. Ten 30+ and seven 28yr olds; very Palace-like.

I wonder if he’d like some of our youth on loan to freshen things up?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Forest won’t go up this season. Good move for them though, Chris will get them sorted. Although isn’t Forest owner a bit of a basket case?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here