Chris O'Grady

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am sorry I cannot agree the players coming in are better. Bennett better than Ward= No. Hughes better than Upson= No Stockdale better than Kuzczak=No Hola better than Bridcutt=No but that is my opinion. And like you say we are sadly lacking from last season upfront.

Which is why we cannot really compare as we could not actually afford those players, could we? But Holla is a way better player than Bridcutt and probably cheaper, so that is a great deal as far as I am concerned.

Edit: And Stockdale seems to be able to catch the ball from crosses, something TK seemed incapable of doing, so that is an improvement there. Shot stopping, maybe not as good but early days.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I keep seeing references to this amazing talent that Agustein apparently posseses. But I am genuinely struggling to remember him actually...you know...SHOWING any of it in a blue and white shirt. Each time I've seen him, he's lumbered around looking fat and listless as he proceeds to give the ball away, get caught in possesion or overhit multiple passes into touch.

Am I missing something ??

Yep you are definitely missing something, I have a great eye for spotting potential, it seems that you don't. :wink: There is definitely a classy player in there looking to be released, imo. If it doesn't happen this season I will accept I was wrong :smile:

Quite a few of the passes could and should have been picked up by the other players, unfortunately they lacked the vision
Overweight, errm I struggle to argue with that last season, I believe he is in better shape this year?
Game time will avoid the being caught in possession as he gets up to speed with this division.

Opinions eh??

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep you are definitely missing something, I have a great eye for spotting potential, it seems that you don't. :wink: There is definitely a classy player in there looking to be released, imo. If it doesn't happen this season I will accept I was wrong :smile:

Quite a few of the passes could and should have been picked up by the other players, unfortunately they lacked the vision
Overweight, errm I struggle to argue with that last season, I believe he is in better shape this year?
Game time will avoid the being caught in possession as he gets up to speed with this division.

Opinions eh??

Indeed.

I've not seen all of his 17 appearances for us (abeit many from the bench), but until I see him successfully finding a blue and white shirt with his passing, or at least finding them more often than not, then my opinion of him will remain that he is a complete waste of skin. The notion that its not his passing thats the problem, but that his teammates "lacked the vision" is, in my opinion, utter bobbins ! Unless that vision involved them running into touch to fetch the ball for the next opposition goal kick.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed.

I've not seen all of his 17 appearances for us (abeit many from the bench), but until I see him successfully finding a blue and white shirt with his passing, or at least finding them more often than not, then my opinion of him will remain that he is a complete waste of skin. The notion that its not his passing thats the problem, but that his teammates "lacked the vision" is, in my opinion, utter bobbins ! Unless that vision involved them running into touch to fetch the ball for the next opposition goal kick.

He did well at Leeds until he was injured. I hope Sami can get more out of him than Oscar did.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10;6592373 The notion that its not his passing thats the problem said:
You make me laugh, even when I disagree with you, it's the picture you paint :smile:. All his passes find touch? I must confess I hadn't noticed that :lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Never having played these games - I am genuinely interested - is that something you can place store by ?

That was meant flippantly but in some cases yes. FIFA is just like most areas of the football merchandise industry in that it's Premier League/big club obsessed so the vast majority of top/top flight players will be fairly assessed. Its when you drop down the Leagues that it becomes a bit of a free for all with seemingly randomly assigned overall ratings ranging from the low to mid 70s to low 60s with individual players strengths only broadly represented. Not so much now but in previous versions of the game lower league players were a lot slower than their top flight equivalents.

English players are always highly overrated, for example Wilshere has been handed an 82 overall rating (very good/top class player) with the potential to grow in career mode to an 89 rating (top/world class). Rooney is 87 rated for goodness sake. I heard somewhere that due to his endorsement of the game Messi is by contract always the best player on the game (I don't know how true this is though, it should be Ronaldo regardless).

I know I must sound like I'm employed by SI or something as I have mentioned this on numerous threads but Football Manager really does give a far more accurate and detailed description of a player's abilities and traits.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Agreed, thought he played very well when he came on.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thought he had a good game against Burton. Good to see he can have an effect against better defenders as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports