Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Of those, I would only count Ulloa as recent enough to be relevant to our current failings in getting a decent striker on board. He was signed when Gus was in charge. Without Gus' undoubted powers of persuasion, Burke looks like he hasn't got a ****ing clue when it comes to spotting a good striker. I give you Obika, Spanish Dave 2, and so on...

Spotting a good striker is one of the easiest jobs in player recruitment isn't it. I'd say that it's more a case of not being able to afford the targets we have.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Our manager has told the media today that if COG is available that we'd take him back on loan, no problem. But that he expects plenty of competition if it's true that Hyypia doesn't want him.

Personally - and I rated him massively - he'd be welcome back, but he'd have to sit on the bench until such a time that Sam Winnall and Devante Cole are in poor form. Losing COG allowed us to recruit lots of young, hungry lads, and we've been playing some attractive football. If we put COg back in we'll end up going direct again and wasting the talents of Hourihane, Berry etc.

I'd put money on him going to Sheff Utds, unless they really are signing Rapey Ched again...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our manager has told the media today that if COG is available that we'd take him back on loan, no problem. But that he expects plenty of competition if it's true that Hyypia doesn't want him.

Personally - and I rated him massively - he'd be welcome back, but he'd have to sit on the bench until such a time that Sam Winnall and Devante Cole are in poor form. Losing COG allowed us to recruit lots of young, hungry lads, and we've been playing some attractive football. If we put COg back in we'll end up going direct again and wasting the talents of Hourihane, Berry etc.

I'd put money on him going to Sheff Utds, unless they really are signing Rapey Ched again...

If you haven't spent the £500k we paid in the summer he could very well end up back at Oakwell in January.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

If he needs a lift, give me a shout :thumbsup:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I really wish it was otherwise but fear he is going to be another Tiltman or McCammon.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We'd have been better off signing Paul O'Grady.

My Barnsley neighbor really rated him,still think he has something to offer down here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here