Chris O'Grady

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Probably listed for loan as Hyppia wanted him to get some game time, some-one just misconstrued it and decided to make it a full transfer wishing he would go

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Don't think you will need to worry. He's just dislocated his shoulder playing for Wales...

That is very good news for us. Trouble is we'll probably wait for him to regain fitness and hold back from signing anything decent whilst we wait for the chosen one. It worked well with Obika I guess:ffsparr:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its simply a matter of GOING LARGE in Jan on a striker.

The recruitment on the cheap of midgets hasnt worked. It really really really is that simple.

Anyone who doesnt see it needs to take their head out their arse.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The simple answer I that COG doesnt look good enough to fill the void left by Ulloa's departure and we would benefit by sending him out on loan as would he. We should then look for a fringe Premiership striker to bring in on loan short term. Is Di Praddo still at Southampton? Or even dare I say it Chrus Woods from Leicester.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Let's be honest here- COG is a lge1 player

Lets be actually honest - 15 goals (as has been pointed out a few times but you seem to ignore this) in the Championship implies otherwise.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We went relatively cheap, we're paying the price. I have zero faith in Burke and co getting in a decent striker (with Gus, we at least had a fighting chance of picking up a good one, but even then we were patchy at best - seems to be our club's blind spot WRT to player recruitment).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lets be actually honest - 15 goals (as has been pointed out a few times but you seem to ignore this) in the Championship implies otherwise.

True. However, what I've seen so far from COG playing for us implies the exact opposite.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We went relatively cheap, we're paying the price. I have zero faith in Burke and co getting in a decent striker (with Gus, we at least had a fighting chance of picking up a good one, but even then we were patchy at best - seems to be our club's blind spot WRT to player recruitment).

Every club wants a proven striker, so it comes down to wages. Some clubs are ignoring FFP, and paying high wages.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Every club wants a proven striker, so it comes down to wages. Some clubs are ignoring FFP, and paying high wages.

Really? Wow! I didn't know that. However:

Do you deny our record on striker recruitment is p1ss poor? How does it compare to, say, Peterborough's record?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ulloa, Zamora and Murray were all p1ss poor! Many clubs go without a really decent striker for years.

Of those, I would only count Ulloa as recent enough to be relevant to our current failings in getting a decent striker on board. He was signed when Gus was in charge. Without Gus' undoubted powers of persuasion, Burke looks like he hasn't got a ****ing clue when it comes to spotting a good striker. I give you Obika, Spanish Dave 2, and so on...

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Of those, I would only count Ulloa as recent enough to be relevant to our current failings in getting a decent striker on board. He was signed when Gus was in charge. Without Gus' undoubted powers of persuasion, Burke looks like he hasn't got a ****ing clue when it comes to spotting a good striker. I give you Obika, Spanish Dave 2, and so on...
You seem to contradict yourself? Is the issue with Burke not spotting them (if so who spotted Ulloa), or in power of persuasion to get them to join (in which case the fault surely lies with Hyypia and Garcia). Personally I think Baldock could yet be very good. Certainly too early to judge. By your logic CMS doesn't count since in the Gus era.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Burke looks like he hasn't got a ****ing clue when it comes to spotting a good striker.

Presumably Lewis Grabban was a good spot. We'll probably never know what happened there in our failure to land him (Oscar ?, Grabban's agent ?, TB refusing to pay over the odds) and its collectively everyone's job to get signings over the line but along with this near signing and our signings this season (Top scorer in L1, A good value 16 goal Championship striker, A good value La Liga forward) is not necessarily my definition of "hasn't a .....clue" with regards to strikers. And obviously its not the recruitment teams/ job to pick the team and get them to play...

As for Obika/Lita then emergency loan strikers who you want as fringe back up and can't guarantee game time are always going to mean your options are limited and so it proved.

Rodriguez ? - Was this the influence of Oscar ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here