Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton says club will not panic in transfer window

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As has been pointed out he wasnt technically available unbeknown to most on here but I do not believe that no others were available.

So technically unavailable that he's been able to sign for somebody else today ..............................................................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So technically unavailable that he's been able to sign for somebody else today ..............................................................

Technically unavailable during the last loan window or to sign afterwards as a free agent. Apparently although released by Roma; because of his wage demands and LA not able to pay them Roma are going to subsidize his wages for 12 months.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Technically unavailable during the last loan window or to sign afterwards as a free agent. Apparently although released by Roma; because of his wage demands and LA not able to pay them Roma are going to subsidize his wages for 12 months.

Yes - he was available then. As proved by the fact that he's signed, however twisted a deal it might be. Not sorry to have missed out on him, though - his Roma record really suggests his career has gone through the floor; no doubt he'll collect plenty of Wonga strolling around LA though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes - he was available then. As proved by the fact that he's signed, however twisted a deal it might be. Not sorry to have missed out on him, though - his Roma record really suggests his career has gone through the floor; no doubt he'll collect plenty of Wonga strolling around LA though.

As NooBHA who is very close to CH pointed out at the time he wasnt available then due to technicalities with his registration etc so we couldnt have signed him had we wanted to. He became available on 2nd January 16.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
We dont seem to have moved on from our dealings in previous windows.

Really? Last January - Kayal, Jan 2014 - Stephens, Jan 2013 - Ulloa/Upson, Jan 2011 - Calde

Our Jan transfer windows have been appalling haven't they - some KEY players signed in previous Jans i would say!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now according to the Argus Baldock is back in the frame for upcoming games adding to our attacking options, we no longer need anyone...

Panic over people....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is a really dull transfer window now, not sure we'll be bringing anyone else in.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
OK I know nothing but I think the club's position is becoming clear. We're playing the long game regarding promotion, like Boro have been for since they appointed Karanka. This season is about deepening the squad because at the moment - as we've seen - it's neither good enough to sustain a promotion challenge nor good enough to keep us in the PL were we to get promoted this season. Over the summer the big signings for promotion push in 2016/17. This makes sense not least because at least two of the relegated sides - whoever they are - will be basket cases, Boro will be out of our way along with Hull, so just us and Wednesday to worry about - if Derby don't go up this season they will meltdown. So, expect nothing thrilling this window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
OK I know nothing but I think the club's position is becoming clear. We're playing the long game regarding promotion, like Boro have been for since they appointed Karanka. This season is about deepening the squad because at the moment - as we've seen - it's neither good enough to sustain a promotion challenge nor good enough to keep us in the PL were we to get promoted this season. Over the summer the big signings for promotion push in 2016/17. This makes sense not least because at least two of the relegated sides - whoever they are - will be basket cases, Boro will be out of our way along with Hull, so just us and Wednesday to worry about - if Derby don't go up this season they will meltdown. So, expect nothing thrilling this window.
If that is the case we need to extend the contracts of Stephens and ( more urgently ) King Kayal asap.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Makes sense this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here