Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chopper Bicycle

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I never had a Chopper but I did have a Tomahawk though.

I liked the fact Raleigh used to have a whole family of bikes: Chopper, Tomahawk and Chipper. The Boxer, Striker and Grifter.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I had one back in 197? red went like stink down hill rubbish gears for getting back up the hill but boy was it COOLpunk:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was a Grifter boy meself. But the Chopper definitely had more FLAIR.

They were the next generation. My brother is 3 years younger than me and he had a Grifter. Nice bikes though. Kind of a forerunner to the BMX.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having just looked into prices of these things (in the hope I could buy IMiss), you boys have thrown away a seriously large amount of cash!.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and there's no way I'm spending that kind of cash, on my boy :lol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I liked the fact Raleigh used to have a whole family of bikes: Chopper, Tomahawk and Chipper. The Boxer, Striker and Grifter.

I think the Chipper was the forerunner to the Tomahawk rather than part of the same family. The Tomohawk tried to be more Chopper-like but was a bit overendowed with meaningless plastic, from memory.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
I had a crappy second hand mk 1......so i resprayed it dark blue with rattle cans, wired front and back lights with switches on the "gear stick" console and added great big wing mirrors!:ohmy: it looked the dog's if i say so myself!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I always wanted a Chopper but my parents could not afford one :(

However I used to borrow a mates quire a lot, I think Rio Ferdinand collects Chopper bikes and has quite a few.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How much do you want for it?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
grifter-bike.jpg

I really loved my Grifter, with the 'Sturmy' gears. Those bikes were practically indestructible, no matter how many ramps I went over or kerbs I bashed up.

But the Chopper looked cooler didn't it.

Nonsense, these bikes were out when proper bikes ie BMXs were out, I remember bunnyhoping a milk create on a grifter and when I landed the front forks collapsed and sent me over the bars. indestructible (my arse)
:rubbishBikes:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I too was a Grifter boy, however the BMX killed them. Sad times.

best thing that ever happened, can you imagine a world were the grifter beat of the competition of the bmx ???

bikes to day would be a horrible nightmare!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Probably looking for about 300 but needs a fair bit of work done on it at the moment. I'll get back to u when its fixed up if u'd like mate.

As with all the tradition of ebay do you have a buy it now price?

Cheers,

Tim

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here